Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Scunthorpe.

leigh white

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Ha. Tits.

Only game I've seen all season is the Salford one on Sky. I ain't paying for that iFollow shite

Honestly, it's far from shite. Initial teething problems were throw-laptop-out-of-window inducing, but I haven't had any issues for months. It'll never be ideal, but I don't see how it could be any better, other than adding more camera angles.

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Honestly, it's far from shite. Initial teething problems were throw-laptop-out-of-window inducing, but I haven't had any issues for months. It'll never be ideal, but I don't see how it could be any better, other than adding more camera angles.

How much is a game? Can I get it to work on my TV rather than a laptop?

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

How much is a game? Can I get it to work on my TV rather than a laptop?

Depends how scrupulous you are. I pay full price to support the club -Ā Home games are "free" with theĀ Season Ticket, but Away games are a tenner. You can stream them to your TV, but I don't know much about that as I just watch on my laptop.

Good effort all round .Penalty looked a bit soft but heyho we were overdue one.

Williams motm for me , his covering was superb.

Thomason on the money again . We struggled a little after HT Ā but rode it out & got the vital second.Didnā€™t think they were total mugs so itā€™s a good win.

Obviously we need to create more in the final third , but itā€™s onwards & upwards.

22 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Depends how scrupulous you are. I pay full price to support the club -Ā Home games are "free" with theĀ Season Ticket, but Away games are a tenner. You can stream them to your TV, but I don't know much about that as I just watch on my laptop.

Cut to the chase Cheese, Mick just wants to know if it can be streamed to his shed.Ā 

Enjoyed that last night. The improvement in fitness and endeavour compared to earlier on in the season is almost unbelievable. Completely dominated the first half but that 1st 20 in particular was like when you watch somebody else playing good stuff and think, "Why can't we keep the ball as well as that". Yeah we didn't create loads for all the possession but that will come. Can't argue with any of the suggestions for motm on here. It was good to get a few softer looking decisions go in our favour for a change too.

• Members
20 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Sarcevic is the best technical player we have.

Ā 

Ā 

18 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Sound like a broken record butĀ sarce will only improve with better players around and we will see the form he hit at PlymouthĀ 

He looked great when he came on, didnā€™t put a foot wrong, looked hungry and with better players behind him he had a bit more freedom.Ā 
Heā€™ll be crucial.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Ā 

He looked great when he came on, didnā€™t put a foot wrong, looked hungry and with better players behind him he had a bit more freedom.Ā 
Heā€™ll be crucial.

Ā 

31 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Sarcevic is the best technical player we have.

Ā 

I agree.

I always thought technically and physically (yes heā€™s big/strong, not fat šŸ˜³) he was a key player.

Another myth buster is about his attitude and manner. When he came on he looked hungry (šŸ˜Š) and motivated. And when he scored, it wasnā€™t the ā€œmoody look at me, why am I not startingā€ celebration. It was a real genuine ā€œIā€™m back, Iā€™m happy, Iā€™m the captain of this clubā€ celebration, which was celebrated as much by his team mates as it was him - A great sign of togetherness.

Heā€™s going to be a key player in this run in.

38 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Ā 

Heā€™ll be crucial.

Good point about the better players behind him. Heā€™s clearly not at his best when heā€™s having to play in central midfield and be disciplined and cover for wing backs etc. but heā€™s had to do that for the teamā€™s benefit earlier in the season.

With the confidence of a solid defence and midfield base behind him he can have more freedom to support Doyle and do what he does best by getting into the box - which was very clear when he came on last night. I donā€™t think weā€™ve seen him anywhere near his best yet which can only be a good thing if heā€™s still got that to come in the run in. Iā€™d have him starting at the weekend and give either Dapo/Fonz or both a rest.

One player who hasnā€™t been given much of mention and I think has improved a lot over the last few games is Isgrove. He seems to be another that has grown in confidence and is benefitting from being in a better team. Heā€™s got a top work ethic and never stops running and has started to add a decent end product as well.

Jones has also looked very solid - Iā€™m not sure Brockbank walks back in at right back at the moment. In fact Iā€™d say he doesnā€™t, I wouldnā€™t be changing such a solid back 4.