Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Trouble at Roverrrrs ?

Benny The Ball

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

@Biggish Dave will be loving this. 

Correct.

It's the start of the slippery slope. They had to go up this season to avoid the FFP issues - 4 straight defeats should have put paid to that silly little idea they have.

I can see 1 or 2 leaving in summer as they look to balance the books. Something has to pay for Sam Gallagher and ben Brereton on their £20k + per week wages. Their fans are baying for Mowbray to be sacked too. Stupid fools think they'll replace him with someone of genuine premier league quality. I dont see Jose tipping up there when Spurs have had enough

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I wonder if the EFL will give some clubs leeway on FFP due to covid?

I expect we'll see more of these over the coming months. Blackburn might be c*nts but I wouldn't want to see them go through what we have. 

Oh, I would - we survived.

I wouldn't want them to do a Bury, though.

59 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I wonder if the EFL will give some clubs leeway on FFP due to covid?

You would expect so yes. But you would expect that they would need to prove that if covid hadn’t happened they would have been within FFP all things being equal. 

I can’t stand Blackburn but my feelings towards any club that are overspending that their day will Come, as ours did , and I’m happy to see the fallout. 

I don’t want them bust though. 

1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

The Venky's have spent an absolute fortune to prop them up for a decade and their supporters hate them.

I'd have thought they might've seen what was happening to clubs around them and been a bit more grateful but it seems not.

I agree with that.At the end of the day they have a smaller support base than Bolton and have been very lucky to be bankrolled for 30 years

5 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

The Venky's have spent an absolute fortune to prop them up for a decade and their supporters hate them.

I'd have thought they might've seen what was happening to clubs around them and been a bit more grateful but it seems not.

This training ground issue keeps alive the Old wounds - Jack Walker put a covenant on the training ground to protect it from future development - the Venkys are trying to  destroy his legacy 

5 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Correct.

It's the start of the slippery slope. They had to go up this season to avoid the FFP issues - 4 straight defeats should have put paid to that silly little idea they have.

I can see 1 or 2 leaving in summer as they look to balance the books. Something has to pay for Sam Gallagher and ben Brereton on their £20k + per week wages. Their fans are baying for Mowbray to be sacked too. Stupid fools think they'll replace him with someone of genuine premier league quality. I dont see Jose tipping up there when Spurs have had enough

Its amazing how different it looks from the outside to how fans view their own clubs.  Mowbray looks to me to have done a great job (unfortunately), having them top half of Championship consistently, scoring plenty goals and getting some cracking results.  Same with PNE, dropped off a bit this year but always punching above their weight.  Compared to the relative mismanagement at bigger clubs eg Forest, Birmingham, Sheff Wed, Ipswich, Sunderland - careful what they wish for.  Hopefully Mowbray goes, they'll go only one way.