Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

It's mainly instigated by the 'Horwich First' group & in particular one councillor who floated out some sort of opinion survey in which under 2k residents ( or even non residents participated).It always a potent move to knock the Metro council for this & that .

I suspect one of these councillors being a closet red who hates Bolton Wanderers & therefore everything Bolton connected .

But I can't prove it.

Political stunt of the worst kind.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

It's mainly instigated by the 'Horwich First' group & in particular one councillor who floated out some sort of opinion survey in which under 2k residents ( or even non residents participated).It always a potent move to knock the Metro council for this & that .

I suspect one of these councillors being a closet red who hates Bolton Wanderers & therefore everything Bolton connected .

But I can't prove it.

Political stunt of the worst kind.

He is a closet red. Wouldn’t say he hates Bolton though. Maybe Bolton labour cllrs.

5 hours ago, Underpants said:

Postcodes say different.

Who really cares though? I know I couldn't care less.

Postcodes are totally independent of local government. They were  created as a tool for Royal Mail, and subsequently used for many different circumstances.

41 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Postcodes are totally independent of local government. They were  created as a tool for Royal Mail, and subsequently used for many different circumstances.

First Piloted in Norwich I believe.

Nice to see you back btw

8 hours ago, Zico said:

aye, according to this, the ground is in Lostock/Bolton, middlebrook is in horwich

I reckon they adjusted the border when they built the ground to ensure the ground was still in Bolton, as I doubt it would have cut through like that when it was all green fields

horwich-boundary.jpg

In my eyes that well and truly pissed on the "Horwich First" bonfire.

I know I don't live in Bowton any more but who gives a flying fk about Horwich? I remember it just slows you down when driving to Chorley

18 minutes ago, Dimron said:

In my eyes that well and truly pissed on the "Horwich First" bonfire.

I know I don't live in Bowton any more but who gives a flying fk about Horwich? I remember it just slows you down when driving to Chorley

Exactly. Who cares if Horwich wanna go. Toodaloo

5 hours ago, Underpants said:

Boundaries cause wars. Postcodes don't. Love & peace ✌️

Thetford (Norfolk) has an Ipswich (Suffolk) postcode 

in the early 2000s there was a plan to switch it to a Cambridge postcode in the hope it would bring in investment 

it didn’t happen so I’m assuming the place is still a shithole

17 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

Was at a conference and a bloke did a presentation on Ireland introducing new postcodes.

Our's denote an area, their's were just randomly assigned to random addresses all over the country. Seemed a bit mad

Edited by mickbrown

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

Was at a conference and a bloke did a presentation on Ireland introducing new postcodes.

Our's denote an area, their's were just randomly assigned to random addresses all over the country. Seemed a but mad

That would be an ecumenical matter.

This has got juvenile pie eater wind up written all over it.

They actually think that it bothers us that the Stadium is in Horwich - last time i looked Horwich was in Bolton.

Their time would be better spent fretting whether their tinpot outfit will even exist this time next year.

Tick tock.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

5 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Our's denote an area, their's were just randomly assigned to random addresses all over the country. Seemed a bit mad

There was a problem introducing British postcodes in Republican areas. The IRA encouraged postmen to return postcoded mail undelivered as they could only understand the townland system.