Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Owdum away

Burndens Bogs

Great win that, played some brilliant stuff and absolutely coasted through the second half which has hopefully saved some energy for Saturday.

Could argue we should have scored more but there’s no need for any criticism tonight, another good win, 3 more points and loads of good performances. We go again Saturday in a massive game against a team in as good form as we are - win that and we can really think about automatic promotion!

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Yeah i think as you pointed out he’s rusty. Clearly has ability but needs to dominate a game to get his confidence up. 

I think he's a useful addition as he's direct and has the oppo second guessing

Agree with you - he'll show some magic but need to see a lot more consistency for him to start 

Unless it's his wages stopping us signing someone quality on a free or another good player being in the squad he's more good than bad though. Unless his "maverickness" means he's a dick in the dressing room, which I hope isn't the case

1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

Agree with you - he'll show some magic but need to see a lot more consistency for him to start 

Unless it's his wages stopping us signing someone quality on a free or another good player being in the squad he's more good than bad though. Unless his "maverickness" means he's a dick in the dressing room, which I hope isn't the case

Id take bahamboula over Maddison. 

Just now, jules_darby said:

I get the impression evatt likes to be the biggest man in the dressing room and it’s his way or the high way. 
Just my own thought no evidence of that and I think anyone trying to be a dick wouldn’t last long. 

• Members
3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I get the impression evatt likes to be the biggest man in the dressing room and it’s his way or the high way. 
Just my own thought no evidence of that and I think anyone trying to be a dick wouldn’t last long. 

Rightly so

• Members
3 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Unless his "maverickness" means he's a dick in the dressing room, which I hope isn't the case

When he signed i had a chat with mates from his previous clubs , all said he is without doubt talented but is a bit of a bellend /waster.

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Is right. Club>Manager>player

1 minute ago, burnden said:

When he signed i had a chat with mates from his previous clubs , all said he is without doubt talented but is a bit of a bellend /waster.

A waster is one thing; upsetting the dressing room environment is another

The former may be worth it for the odd bot of magic, that latter isn't - Better an empty house than a bad tenant when building a winning team culture