Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Owdum away

Burndens Bogs

8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I get the impression evatt likes to be the biggest man in the dressing room and it’s his way or the high way. 
Just my own thought no evidence of that and I think anyone trying to be a dick wouldn’t last long. 

I also get the same impression.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Looks a good player.  Not a kid though, he's 25, only been in England since October.

Sorry boy is just an expression we use up here for anyone male 

3 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

If Thomason had played like Madison when he came on a certain poster on here would be making sarcastic comments about our 'non league player'. He didnt though he looked the part and t'other mon looked non league.

Onwards and upwards 

Spit it out 😁

Edited by Escobarp

• Members
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Agreed. Doesn’t seem to happen in the modern game anymore so another positive 

Come in lay down the law, get the senior players to buy into the philosophy, stick to your guns.

piece of piss 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

If Maddison had come here from non league like Thomasson many on here would be slating him. Let's face it up to press he's been shite & that headband really doesn't help his cause. 

Or as as Max Cherry said.... 😂

• Site Supporter
Just now, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

If Maddison had come here from non league like Thomasson many on here would be slating him. Let's face it up to press he's been shite & that headband really doesn't help his cause. 

Yep, if he adds to our performance, great , but we’re doing ok without him.

Cracking win. Derby wins always feel better. Shame we couldn't bury them after the red card but I'd have snapped your hand off for 0-2 before kick off. 

Others in the play offs won but not such a good night for the occupants of the top three slots ...... 

Our away record is fantastic. 

2 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Or as as Max Cherry said.... 😂

Thanks Ronnie :lol:

FWIW I think the Maddison experiment wont work out but was worth a try. Fully enjoyed tonight no negatives for me .

Thomason much more exciting talent for me than Maddison wouldn't like his place blocked by him but happy to be proved wrong.

8 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

Well I think maddison has been utter dogshit.

But I also said the same about Williams, and he's turned to out to be better than gundogan.

Not got gundigan’s goals, so my jury is out

Edited by boltondiver

8 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

For me he needs to get his head out of his arse 

if he dosent crack it with us now he is washed up

mismatched boots , head bands , tats , LOOK AT ME

do it on the pitch or go away and let someone that is interested have a dabble

8 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Cracking win. Derby wins always feel better. Shame we couldn't bury them after the red card but I'd have snapped your hand off for 0-2 before kick off. 

Others in the play offs won but not such a good night for the occupants of the top three slots ...... 

Our away record is fantastic. 

Just have to keep winning! Worryingly there are still five teams below us who can catch us if they win their games in hand!

1 minute ago, Mantra said:

Gethin Jones MOTM for me tonight

Think I’d just about agree, first half he was especially good. I was about to list another few that were good but I would have had to list them all - really good performance all round. If we start next season with Santos, Lee and John then we’ll have 3 of the best players in the league, regardless of whether we are in League 1 or 2.

In a situation tailor made for Maddison to improve his touch, output and confidence he was abysmal. No chance of him starting a game in near future unless we have a raft of injuries. 

Thought the whole last half hour was wasteful and sloppy, golden opportunity wasted to improve our GD, which we could do with doing.

That gripe aside after a tricky first 15 mins rest of first half was great, couple of good goals, back four solid and assured again, Dapo a handful, Doyle back at it after a few flat games. MJ strolling to good effect, Sarcevic a lot better and lasted 90 mins well.

Sat going to be tough, on a poor pitch, nilling them the start point then nick it with our bit of extra quality