Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Owdum away

Burndens Bogs

4 hours ago, hughmungus said:

Red card has helped and made a poor team look like a less poor team.

Will win this one easily now though thankfully and make Evatt look like Klopp tactically.

I dont for one second believe that that you type anything without a dick in your cheek and a maggot on your hook , you are not a bolton fan nor a football fan ......you prefer womens netballl but only because they wear short skirts that remind you of your neices . pray we never meet cos Ive fuckin had enough of you .

4 minutes ago, waddy256 said:

Did anybody else get a battle of burnden feeling with that disgusting tackle ?

It was a poor tackle but I'm not sure it was "disgusting". Not many years ago it'd be a foul & no more said.

Santos shouldn't have got involved & the shove could have seem walking too. To be fair to an Oldham guy with a blonde pony tail (not something you'd have seen until very recently) held Santos back. I get the team spirit thing but don't give a ref. the opportunity to send you off as well.

Just now, Dr. Feelgood said:

It was a poor tackle but I'm not sure it was "disgusting". Not many years ago it'd be a foul & no more said.

Santos shouldn't have got involved & the shove could have seem walking too. To be fair to an Oldham guy with a blonde pony tail (not something you'd have seen until very recently) held Santos back. I get the team spirit thing but don't give a ref. the opportunity to send you off as well.

Poor tackle is an understatement , it was a potential ankle breaker , and that can be a career ender , instant red card and well worth a mass brawl...I refer you to ian pierce vs gundni bergsson et al 

7 hours ago, Traf said:

I think the comment was implying that we're normally shit against 10 men and we end up looking like we're a man short.

Yeah pretty straightforward wasn’t it? Unless you like to go out the way to be awkward or smart arsey 

We started a bit slow but started to improve and the build up to the own goal was excellent. The red card totally changed the game and it was easy for us after that. That is how you play against ten men. Great stuff. Would've liked an another goal or two but made up with the three points.

Come On You Whites!!!

1 hour ago, Big E said:

Yeah pretty straightforward wasn’t it? Unless you like to go out the way to be awkward or smart arsey 

No it wasn't, he said the opposite to what he meant, which isn't straightforward for me as I'm a bit thick..

Anyhow, let's not get sensitive about it. Instead we should be celebrating the fact that we've just achieved 6 wins on the trot for the first time in 21yrs!

Can you believe that - 21yrs, it's a third of my lifetime! Unbelievable Jeff..

12 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Could’ve been 8 on the bounce of not for bad officials against morecambe

think we hit a couple of 7s on the spin in 97

Yeah true. I'm still in shock that 6 wins on the spin is so difficult & rare to achieve (for us). Evatt should get all the plaudits he deserves for the turnaround in our season. The players obviously really like playing for him and Hughmongo can fook right off!

• Site Supporter
51 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

No it wasn't, he said the opposite to what he meant, which isn't straightforward for me as I'm a bit thick..

Anyhow, let's not get sensitive about it. Instead we should be celebrating the fact that we've just achieved 6 wins on the trot for the first time in 21yrs!

Can you believe that - 21yrs, it's a third of my lifetime! Unbelievable Jeff..

He said exactly what he meant.

Over recent times, we've looked clueless against 10 men, and that is what his comment referred to.

Was a breath of fresh air to dominate and look comfortable against a team with a man short.

12 hours ago, DazBob said:

Can't remember the last time we won a game so comfortably. 

Can't remember the last time we played against 10 men and made it look like it was us who had the extra man.

DazBob can't remember the last time we won a game so comfortably. 

He also can't remember the last time we played against 10 men and actually made it look like it was the opposition who'd had the man sent off.

ie we normally play shit v 10.

Neither rocket science nor rocket salad.

The early goal made such a huge difference, it was like a weight being lifted from their shoulders. We’d have stuck three or four past Barrow had we scored the first one at a similar time.

Saturday is probably the only game now where I’d take a point beforehand, but even saying that there’s absolutely no reason we can’t go there and win as long as we can adapt to their cabbage patch. 

2 hours ago, Ros Coe said:

JFTR  I said exactly what I meant, not the opposite.  I thought it was pretty simple to understand :)  Normally, when the opponent gets sent off, it's us who play like we're a man short, not them.

Edited by DazBob

Anyway, back to the game :)...

Whilst Oldham looked more dangerous than us in the opening stages they played right into our hands.  I'd much rather teams come out and attack us, and I'm sure Evatt would too.

We seem to struggle against teams that sit back with 9 men behind the ball and then look to counter us.  Barrow game a prime example.  We got lucky they fluffed their two big chances on the counter attack

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Anyway, back to the game :)...

Whilst Oldham looked more dangerous than us in the opening stages they played right into our hands.  I'd much rather teams come out and attack us, and I'm sure Evatt would too.

We seem to struggle against teams that sit back with 9 men behind the ball and then look to counter us.  Barrow game a prime example.  We got lucky they fluffed their two big chances on the counter attack

dunno, I guess recently yes, but our biggest problem early doors was teams attacking us

whilst we've seemingly sorted that out at the back, we still lack a real cutting edge, that's what we need to work on - an own goal and one off the post, I "expected" more against 10 men

in any case, I'm not complaining, but I think one of these days we ought to dick someone 5-0 with everything going in like Vale did against us

edit: just to add to that, I think we're more likely to see those performances in the next month or so when we come up against teams in midtable with nowt to play for and one eye on their staycations, the next two games will be tight, so need to sharpen up going forward

Edited by Zico

We didn’t play that well last night (not poor but not as good as some other recent games) and need to get the tackles in against Bradford which were woeful at times. Dapo was excellent and had his best game so far plus the back 4 did their almost flawless performance. Lee had a good game and Williams average for his normal high standards. Doyle was disappointing again IMO and for once the subs weakened the team. Still a good result and even if we were complete dog shit as long as we win that’s all that matters whilst we get out of the bottom tier

23 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

We didn’t play that well last night (not poor but not as good as some other recent games) and need to get the tackles in against Bradford which were woeful at times. Dapo was excellent and had his best game so far plus the back 4 did their almost flawless performance. Lee had a good game and Williams average for his normal high standards. Doyle was disappointing again IMO and for once the subs weakened the team. Still a good result and even if we were complete dog shit as long as we win that’s all that matters whilst we get out of the bottom tier

Agree that we don't have to play "well" to win in this league, as long as we are solid, have a reliable keeper and we keep 11 men on the pitch and don't concede a pen.  Throw in a bit of the rub of the green and we should win every game.

Not sure we've played any better recently, maybe 1st half v Scunthorpe although little end product.  We are just doing enough, creating little especially in the 2nd half, aside from last 15 of Mansfield.

I'm not sure you have to actually play well to be succesful in this league.  You just have to not make many mistakes in a game.

We've cut those out massively at the back since we went to four at the back and we're on our best winning run in years without even hitting top gear yet.

• Site Supporter

It looked like they had watched our games on iFollow and thought they had time to settle down. When we went straight for them, and played high up with even Santos and Baptiste in their half they didn't know whether to have a shit or a haircut.  We only gave them about 20 yards to play in. We got men behind them and made it easy. (like we should have done against Barrow).

Gethin Jones had a great game y the way.

30 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

It looked like they had watched our games on iFollow and thought they had time to settle down. When we went straight for them, and played high up with even Santos and Baptiste in their half they didn't know whether to have a shit or a haircut.  We only gave them about 20 yards to play in. We got men behind them and made it easy. (like we should have done against Barrow).

Gethin Jones had a great game y the way.

First 10 minutes they were the better team ! We were getting on top before the red card.

Second half we lacked a good ball into the box, once the subs started the game became disjointed. 

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

First 10 minutes they were the better team ! We were getting on top before the red card.

Second half we lacked a good ball into the box, once the subs started the game became disjointed. 

We had three opportunities in the second half when a simple pass would have been a certain goal; multi coloured Maddison had two