Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Owdum away

Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Having a right footer on the right and a left footer on the left would definitely benefit Doyle.

Neymar is right-footed but plays on the left, while Messi is Left-footed but plays on the right. Have some ambition man!

• Site Supporter
51 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Having a right footer on the right and a left footer on the left would definitely benefit Doyle.

100% agree.

Doyle as we saw in the Swindon highlights last season, does ever so well getting on the end of crosses played in early, with him facing goal.

Wide men coming inside onto their better foot does slow it down a bit.

However, its how IE seems to want to play at the moment, and we're doing OK, so can't grumble.

19 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Neymar is right-footed but plays on the left, while Messi is Left-footed but plays on the right. Have some ambition man!

Thats a nightmare for a full back, marking someone who constantly cuts inside and puts you on your weaker foot. I think Arsenal used a similar ploy but with their wingbacks back in the day.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

49 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Thats a nightmare for a full back, marking someone who constantly cuts inside and puts you on your weaker foot. I think Arsenal used a similar ploy but with their wingbacks back in the day.

Ameobi scored some worldies cutting in from the right onto his left boot.

Maddison and how it's going is a bit like a L2 version of (at least till last week) Bale at Spurs. Big name, big reputation, obvious talent but something to prove. Everyone wanting him to do well and hoping it happens when he gets the ball but, sadly, it doesn't 

Couple of times he got the ball in areas where I was 'go on, now, go past him and fire it in the top corner' only for him to stumble straight into the defender and fall on his arse 

• Members
43 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Maverick will be our Freddi Bobic. Largely frustrating but in 1 must win will be the difference and ruin the opposition

96th minute screamer to win us the league

• The topic was unpinned
On 03/03/2021 at 14:40, Whitesince63 said:

I think that’s unfair on Maddison Matt. I just think it’s his positivity and drive not his intention to score a worldie. I love how as soon as he gets the ball he looks to go forward and make something happen. Ok it’s not come off for him yet but I’m sure it will eventually.

Ok Who are you and what have you done with the real Whitesince63 ?

On 03/03/2021 at 16:07, Rudy said:

If you’re gonna dress like a twat make sure you do the business on the pitch, otherwise you’re just shit with shit dress sense

How dare you critisize  Maddison....Hunt....Thomson ...Stevens....Brookman.....Roscoe.....Fisher.... ariston...

19 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Maverick will be our Freddi Bobic. Largely frustrating but in 1 must win will be the difference and ruin the opposition

ARGGGH you sound like Phil Walsh ......"he only scored in 2 games" ...etc etc 

Like a hat-trick is less impressive than if spread over 3 games.

"Oldham have reverted to type and opted to make a managerial change yet again, making it 14 managers since 2015, with the Australian departing with a record of 17 wins, six draws and 18 defeats from 41 games at the helm.

Remarkably that means Kewell has overseen more matches than 12 of the 13 appointments that came before him".

They rated us so poorly that defeat meant the sack. We have quite a record over the years of that happening  it's quite hurtful really.

So, I guess it's tailor-made for Wheater to stumble in. 🤣

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Aye. You wouldn’t want to take that job with that nutter in charge 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2021/march/07032021-kewell-statement/

Oldham mate was telling me just yesterday Apparently the owners brother is the director of football who brings in all these random players with the manager getting no input  

Also said Kewell was clueless and totally changed the line up every game 

But whoever comes in is up against it with the current set up