Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Owdum away

Burndens Bogs

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Maddison messed up 2 good opportunities - wish he’d hurry up and stick one in the back of the net so we can start seeing the best of him.

In fairness he's had v little minutes and is in and out in fits and starts - just looks match rusty.

Not disappointed in any way with a win tonight but ideally we'd have had them for 4/5 and shown a ruthless streak

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Where are some people getting this idea Maddison is a profilic goal scorer from? 1 in 4 at Peterborough and only other place he’s done owt scoring wise was none league. 

Going to be disappointed chaps it’s not why he’s been signed. Be lucky if he gets more than 3 this season 

Where does anyone claim he's a prolific scorer?

And BTW 1 in 4 is a better ratio than Gary Madine, who some seem to laud. He's a striker too

Edited by jules_darby

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Where are some people getting this idea Maddison is a profilic goal scorer from? 1 in 4 at Peterborough and only other place he’s done owt scoring wise was none league. 

Going to be disappointed chaps it’s not why he’s been signed. Be lucky if he gets more than 3 this season 

Think it is just something,  a goal or an assist,  to help settle him down a bit so we can really see the best of him. Still looks like he is trying to force things too much 

3 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

In fairness he's had v little minutes and is in and out in fits and starts - just looks match rusty.

Not disappointed in any way with a win tonight but ideally we'd have had them for 4/5 and shown a ruthless streak

How long does that excuse run for though. He’s just had another one where he had a good chance and lost the ball, it’s a good job we’ve won the game because he’s wasted 3 good chances.

Just now, jules_darby said:

And BTW 1 in 4 is a better ratio than Gary Madine, who some seem to lord. He's a striker too

3 or 4 folk saying wish he would bag one then we can see the best of him. The best of him isn’t as a goal scorer so how are the two linked?

1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

And BTW 1 in 4 is a better ratio than Gary Madine, who some seem to laud. He's a striker too

Can’t help yourself 

1 minute ago, Cartman2932 said:

Think it is just something,  a goal or an assist,  to help settle him down a bit so we can really see the best of him. Still looks like he is trying to force things too much 

Agree a bit of magic or a game with a couple assists or summat. He needs minutes more than anything.  He’s barely played in recent  times 

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

If he'd got 1 in 4 for us in last 7 or 8 years he wouldn't have been far off being top scorer every season.

I wouldn't say no to a midfielder in double figures every year, and loads of assists for Peterboro (going off TV highlights).

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

How long does that excuse run for though. He’s just had another one where he had a good chance and lost the ball, it’s a good job we’ve won the game because he’s wasted 3 good chances.

You could argue it lasts as long as he's in and out for 15-20 mins here and there for. He does need to show that final ball soon to push for a starting place for me though

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

3 or 4 folk saying wish he would bag one then we can see the best of him. The best of him isn’t as a goal scorer so how are the two linked?

I dunno I'd not noticed that, I see him as more likely to set stuff up if he's sharp. Perhaps they mean a goal will help his confidence?

Just now, burnden said:

Was excited to see what maddison could do but not seen owt to make me wan't to keep him .

He will win us a game at some pint this season with a bit of brilliance I’m in no doubt. But he’s a luxury player I think we all knew that when he signed. 

currrently those who were  wanking themselves senseless on socials about his signing are looking a bit over eager. 

id never heard of him before 

Just now, jules_darby said:

You could argue it lasts as long as he's in and out for 15-20 mins here and there for. He does need to show that final ball soon to push for a starting place for me though

I dunno I'd not noticed that, I see him as more likely to set stuff up if he's sharp. Perhaps they mean a goal will help his confidence?

Yeah i think as you pointed out he’s rusty. Clearly has ability but needs to dominate a game to get his confidence up.