Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, tshape said:

Maddison looks like sumert a kid would create on FIFA. He'll cut in from the right and wallop one into the top corner on Saturday, it's a matter of time.

If you’re gonna dress like a twat make sure you do the business on the pitch, otherwise you’re just shit with shit dress sense

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont for one second believe that that you type anything without a dick in your cheek and a maggot on your hook , you are not a bolton fan nor a football fan ......you prefer womens netballl but only

Hugh.   Fuck off. 

Th'East Midlands Whites haven't really gone anywhere to just get back from, but are drinking heavily nevertheless.

1 hour ago, tshape said:

Maddison looks like sumert a kid would create on FIFA. 

Haha.

Just missing the number 69 on his back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

I think that’s unfair on Maddison Matt. I just think it’s his positivity and drive not his intention to score a worldie. I love how as soon as he gets the ball he looks to go forward and make something happen. Ok it’s not come off for him yet but I’m sure it will eventually.

Wasn’t a criticism as such, just he’s playing with his head down a little bit and trying to rush everything. When it comes together I’ve no doubt at all he’ll be head and shoulders above most in this league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, Rudy said:

If you’re gonna dress like a twat make sure you do the business on the pitch, otherwise you’re just shit with shit dress sense

poor mans Ollie McBurnie

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Wasn’t a criticism as such, just he’s playing with his head down a little bit and trying to rush everything. When it comes together I’ve no doubt at all he’ll be head and shoulders above most in this league. 

Agree Matt, I think he’s trying a bit too hard. Nothing wrong with that but as you say, once he gets his head up and relaxes a bit, I think we’ll see the real Mad man and I for one can’t wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Ani said:

I bet if Maddison scores he will have a dance routine to celebrate. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Ani said:

First 10 minutes they were the better team ! We were getting on top before the red card.

Second half we lacked a good ball into the box, once the subs started the game became disjointed. 

The opposition usually are in the first 10 minutes. Then we got amongst them, played higher up the field and didn't give them a minute. You could say the red was a result of our pushing forward instead of Santos Baptiste Gilks Baptiste Gilks. Fonz was only going one way when he got clattered.

We did make mistakes, missed chances and the result could have been much better for us. In previous matches we weren't even making chances.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Traf said:

I'd like to see Maddison on the left rather than the right and Dapo should play on the right.

Not a bad shout, Arfur Lion seems to play well when he's on the right

At least switch the two of them throughout the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Traf said:

I'd like to see Maddison on the left rather than the right and Dapo should play on the right.

I’m not saying I disagree, as I too like to see wingers skinning their full backs and getting to the bye line.

But the case for the inverted wide men has its merits too. Cutting in creates goal scoring opportunities, it involves them more in the possession based play and it allows more overlapping of natural right/left sided fullbacks all of which we’ve seen to good effect these last 5/6 games.

Maybe some more regular switching is the answer so you get to see the best of both systems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Having a right footer on the right and a left footer on the left would definitely benefit Doyle.

Neymar is right-footed but plays on the left, while Messi is Left-footed but plays on the right. Have some ambition man!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
51 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Having a right footer on the right and a left footer on the left would definitely benefit Doyle.

100% agree.

Doyle as we saw in the Swindon highlights last season, does ever so well getting on the end of crosses played in early, with him facing goal.

Wide men coming inside onto their better foot does slow it down a bit.

However, its how IE seems to want to play at the moment, and we're doing OK, so can't grumble.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Neymar is right-footed but plays on the left, while Messi is Left-footed but plays on the right. Have some ambition man!

Thats a nightmare for a full back, marking someone who constantly cuts inside and puts you on your weaker foot. I think Arsenal used a similar ploy but with their wingbacks back in the day.

Edited by Burndens Bogs
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Thats a nightmare for a full back, marking someone who constantly cuts inside and puts you on your weaker foot. I think Arsenal used a similar ploy but with their wingbacks back in the day.

Ameobi scored some worldies cutting in from the right onto his left boot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cutting inside when faced with two banks of 5 creates even less space.

It works both ways. You can find pros and cons for both styles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maddison and how it's going is a bit like a L2 version of (at least till last week) Bale at Spurs. Big name, big reputation, obvious talent but something to prove. Everyone wanting him to do well and hoping it happens when he gets the ball but, sadly, it doesn't 

Couple of times he got the ball in areas where I was 'go on, now, go past him and fire it in the top corner' only for him to stumble straight into the defender and fall on his arse 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Maverick will be our Freddi Bobic. Largely frustrating but in 1 must win will be the difference and ruin the opposition

96th minute screamer to win us the league

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Casino unpinned this topic
On 03/03/2021 at 14:40, Whitesince63 said:

I think that’s unfair on Maddison Matt. I just think it’s his positivity and drive not his intention to score a worldie. I love how as soon as he gets the ball he looks to go forward and make something happen. Ok it’s not come off for him yet but I’m sure it will eventually.

Ok Who are you and what have you done with the real Whitesince63 ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/03/2021 at 16:07, Rudy said:

If you’re gonna dress like a twat make sure you do the business on the pitch, otherwise you’re just shit with shit dress sense

How dare you critisize  Maddison....Hunt....Thomson ...Stevens....Brookman.....Roscoe.....Fisher.... ariston...

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Maverick will be our Freddi Bobic. Largely frustrating but in 1 must win will be the difference and ruin the opposition

ARGGGH you sound like Phil Walsh ......"he only scored in 2 games" ...etc etc 

Like a hat-trick is less impressive than if spread over 3 games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.