Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, desperado said:

Those 3

Not a happy hunting ground for me, this one.

And although people understandably question this logic, I think it will be a tough game to get points from. 

Sure the lad rickers scored a belter in the 3-1 loss

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont for one second believe that that you type anything without a dick in your cheek and a maggot on your hook , you are not a bolton fan nor a football fan ......you prefer womens netballl but only

Hugh.   Fuck off. 

Th'East Midlands Whites haven't really gone anywhere to just get back from, but are drinking heavily nevertheless.

24 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

For some reason once went to Oldham v City on a bank holiday, either good Friday or Easter Monday, think city went up that season, anyway massive pitch invasions all afternoon.

Was early -mid 80s and Chelsea were down at the time as well.

Went to the game against West Brom who needed to win to go up; we were away at Charlton and were winning 3-0 when Owdon game away a late goal so we stayed down. Loads of Bolton there

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw us win there 3-2 with a last minute winner from Wayne Foster in 1983.

Was at the 4-4 league cup game, the 1-3 in 95 and the 0-0 in 97.  Hopefully we'll be in different divisions next season 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
16 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Saw us win there 3-2 with a last minute winner from Wayne Foster in 1983.

Was at the 4-4 league cup game, the 1-3 in 95 and the 0-0 in 97.  Hopefully we'll be in different divisions next season 

Thems the two I mentioned

The 3 2 may have been a Whatmore loan spell

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Casino said:

Thems the two I mentioned

The 3 2 may have been a Whatmore loan spell

You're right. It was during the unbeaten run we had that season. This was our only away win.  We'd had creditable draws at Newcastle and Leeds where Whatmore scored iirc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The new one had been built by the time we were there in League One 

Last time I went Coyle was in charge for a pre season friendly 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
Posted (edited)

One where the result really is more important than the performance.

Us to win 2 - 1

I might put my tenner for this on a Monkey gift card. 

Edited by Francis Fogarty
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Last time I went Coyle was in charge for a pre season friendly 

Last time I went I’d just been to airport collecting my son off a flight from China. I think we met up with Mounts Kipper but can’t remember if it was me sorting him with tickets or him me. Spent much of the game behind the stand getting pissed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

Ive been having a tenner on for the last half a dozen games

N9t so confident tomorrow but im having baptiste anytime at 25s

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Casino said:

Ive been having a tenner on for the last half a dozen games

N9t so confident tomorrow but im having baptiste anytime at 25s

If you’ve not been chucking half the profits on winning the league then you’re just playing at it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Last time I went I’d just been to airport collecting my son off a flight from China. I think we met up with Mounts Kipper but can’t remember if it was me sorting him with tickets or him me. Spent much of the game behind the stand getting pissed.

Me sorting you tickets, we must of sold out. We lost didn’t we, woeful we were. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
47 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Me sorting you tickets, we must of sold out. We lost didn’t we, woeful we were. 

I think I’d probably not bothered buying my lad a ticket  thinking he’d be too jet lagged to attend

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched a one hour (!) interview that oldum Manager Harry did with jack dearden from a couple of weeks ago. 

it was quite interesting tho a lot of it was irrelevant from our point of view as he is asked crappy questions about his career.

if you can’t be arsed watching then the main things that I remembered were

* he’s still married to that emmerdale chick but he don’t watch emmerdale any more

* he’s on a one year contract, he’s trying to lay a foundation to get Oldham back to where they belong. He doesn’t say where that is, I think he means continue in L2 🤭

* seems a nice fella, but I do like that he’s got a vision and wants his own style of play.

* rates keillor- Dunn as there best player who has talent to succeed.

* doesn’t understand their inconsistent form, especially at home, think the Oldham crowd may intimidate the away teams. (:lol:, :lol:, :lol:)

* brushes over the wheater situation, I’d love big wheats to play tonight, can u imagine the battle between him n Santa at corners n free kicks? 

There u go, I’ve just saved u an hour, let me know if any of u can brave the badly planned session, tho kewell handled it well overall.

Do I want kewell as our manager? I’ll let David batty answer that one. 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Rudy said:

Eddie I’m superstitious so this post has to continue mate

i think IE will rotate one of Lee Thomasson or Williams when we have two games in a week 

Dapo and Maddison would start but switch sides. Simply because our crossing was woeful, and Dapo looked better on the right

😏 you’re not the only one mate, think the score has been right in the last 3 as well. I’m obviously taking full credit for the current run.

I don’t think he’ll change the midfield 2, I reckon Williams is a one of those that plays every game as long as he’s not injured - I’d be surprised to see him rested at all so for me Thomason just comes in for Lee as and when it’s needed.

The options he’s got in the front 4 now is embarrassing for this league. He could go a number of ways but I think Maddison will start and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Miller start up top with Doyle given a rest ahead of Bradford and Cambridge. Same approach could be taken for Sarce, but he did cover 13km on Saturday which suggests he’s already back to full fitness so I think he’ll keep him in and then have Fonz starting on the other wing with Dapo/Arthur/Isgrove all to come off the bench.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a few sources online indicating that Oldham are considered one of our main rivals. 

Absolutely baffled by that. They don’t register with me at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eddie said:

😏 you’re not the only one mate, think the score has been right in the last 3 as well. I’m obviously taking full credit for the current run.

I don’t think he’ll change the midfield 2, I reckon Williams is a one of those that plays every game as long as he’s not injured - I’d be surprised to see him rested at all so for me Thomason just comes in for Lee as and when it’s needed.

The options he’s got in the front 4 now is embarrassing for this league. He could go a number of ways but I think Maddison will start and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Miller start up top with Doyle given a rest ahead of Bradford and Cambridge. Same approach could be taken for Sarce, but he did cover 13km on Saturday which suggests he’s already back to full fitness so I think he’ll keep him in and then have Fonz starting on the other wing with Dapo/Arthur/Isgrove all to come off the bench.

Pretty much what I’d go with mate 

Ive been critical of Sarc but he’s looked brilliant since he has come back 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

* brushes over the wheater situation, I’d love big wheats to play tonight, can u imagine the battle between him n Santa at corners n free kicks? 

What battle? We would need to see a significant improvement in our set piece delivery to see any sort of battle, otherwise wheater would have a field day nodding the balls away.

Hopefully Maddison, if he starts, can improve on this area

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Casino unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.