Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barrow H

Burndens Bogs

18 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Kinell Thommo's a bit unlucky not to be starting. Decent X1 though

I think, rightly or wrongly, that midfield line up was named before the Scunthorpe game.  It was a giveaway that Lee wasn't in the squad - have a day or 2 off, come back to prepare to start on Saturday.  I wouldn't be surprised if MM starts on Tuesday instead of Isgrove or Dapo.

15 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Could be argued that it’s our best 

In terms of “on paper” and pedigree, you’d say it’s only Maddison for Isgrove away from it.

On current form I’d say it is though as Maddison hasn’t shown us anything yet.

I know Thomason had a good game last time out but I still maintain that Lee and Williams is a level above as a midfield pair. I’m happy for Thomason to be coming off the bench and then stepping into the starting 11 when Lee needs a rest.

13 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

It's hard on Thomason but if Lee & Sarcevic are fit, they've got to be starting.

There's some midfield & attacking strength on the bench......not so much defensive cover & risking no keeper again !!

Arguably IE can play the percentages game and risk injuries to defenders and keepers for routine league games - if we lost today there's time to recover.  If we're lucky enough to get in play offs it would be a different matter, we can't run that risk in a knock out game. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

In terms of “on paper” and pedigree, you’d say it’s only Maddison for Isgrove away from it.

I know Thomason had a good game last time out but I still maintain that Lee and Williams is a level above as a midfield pair. I’m happy for Thomason to be coming off the bench and then stepping into the starting 11 when Lee needs a rest.

All opinions, but Arthur for Isgrove for me, and I've nothing against Isgrove.  But Arthur seems to go under the radar, I know I'm probably missing something like workrate or "game intelligence" but all I see is that when he's on the pitch he holds the ball up, he makes things happen and he has a goal in his locker as well as assists.  We'll be stronger when he comes on.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

All opinions, but Arthur for Isgrove for me, and I've nothing against Isgrove.  But Arthur seems to go under the radar, I know I'm probably missing something like workrate or "game intelligence" but all I see is that when he's on the pitch he holds the ball up, he makes things happen and he has a goal in his locker as well as assists.  We'll be stronger when he comes on.

Cant have Dapo and Arthur on at the same time; both great at creating chances but we would get punished as they both dont defend like Isgrove does

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Cant have Dapo and Arthur on at the same time; both great at creating chances but we would get punished as they both dont defend like Isgrove does

Agreed. Maybe later in a game when we need a goal.

46 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Swap Dapo with Gnah and I would agree with you

30 minutes ago, Eddie said:

21 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

With Eddie there

I'd definitely start with Dapo and bench Arthur but it is all opinions

let's just hope we don't struggle now expectations are raised. Don't think we are quite "win every week" good enough yet so I get nervy of the "easier" games

And congrats and best to Mr & Mrs Rudy, I hope all is well with little baby Jules x