Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barrow H

Burndens Bogs

Evatt on Barrow's late penalty shout

I spoke to their player after and he said ‘I’ve expected the contact and your lad’s pulled out and I’ve even told the ref that it wasn’t.’ So there’s no issues there. MJ’s done well to pull out. Credit to the referee and I’ve not said that too often of late, but in them instances and moments, he could have easily blown up. But to be fair to their player, he instantly held his hands up and said no to the referee and that’s brilliant honesty and great spirit.

13 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

We going to let the pass by? That must have been some bet!

Had a habit of going “big” on a couple of “bankers” the last few weeks; just needed us to win and panicked as we looked like we’d never score 

always remember what Uncle Traf and the poster formerly known as Garrp say “never cash out”. Which is a mantra I’ve always previously followed 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

the win last week means I’m not eating into anything at least. Tempted to chase it on Newc v Wolves mind 😄

3 minutes ago, Razaldo9 said:

Evatt on Barrow's late penalty shout

I spoke to their player after and he said ‘I’ve expected the contact and your lad’s pulled out and I’ve even told the ref that it wasn’t.’ So there’s no issues there. MJ’s done well to pull out. Credit to the referee and I’ve not said that too often of late, but in them instances and moments, he could have easily blown up. But to be fair to their player, he instantly held his hands up and said no to the referee and that’s brilliant honesty and great spirit.

Very honest you don’t see to much of that these days . A tranmere John Aldridge style manager would of been frothing at is player saying that 

54 minutes ago, woolli said:

Frustrating game! Why the fuck we keep tip tapping the ball about, passing backward, passing square, only Evatt knows! Fine if you are winning, but, for fucks sake launch the ball in the mixer! Gethin " back pass" Jones being the main culprit. Main thing, 3 points, but, for fucks sake, we have to be better that that! Its Barrow for fucks sake!

That’s the modern game keep possession tire out the opposition and then score a 93rd minute winner. 

We have conceded 4 in last 7 I think but harsh to be blaming the defenders for being too slow on the ball the other 6 outfield players need to be offering better options.

But the clean sheets mean we do only need a goal to have a chance of winning games. 

57 minutes ago, desperado said:

Funny how we can all see the game differently. I thought that was his best game and despite my liking of Brockbank at RB, I was thinking how difficult it’s going to be for him getting his place back.

That is a school boy error! Keep off social media and turn your notifications off!

Not being able to celebrate that goal in “real time” is a shame. Despite Henshaws “OFFSIDE!” We we’re going absolutely mental here.

What an important goal, what a win. All else is irrelevant really 

EIEIEIO

Agreed on Jones, I thought he played well and looked like a bone fide right back, supporting the attack and defending well.  Yes there were times we'd like him to play it forward a bit quicker, same with most players today.  

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

ifollow commentators, Eyers or Henshaw ?

both are fucking shite, Henshaw was pissed against Scunthorpe and today he seemed to lack enthusiasm for the winner, in fact I would say he was downbeat and upset, he should have been jumping up and down  cheering like fuck, instead he's claiming offside the cunt!... Eyres on the other hand loves to blab on about all the players he's coached and he tipped us for a nil nil today, and they both have a monotone voice.

We need new blood, someone biased as fuck and someone better than those two fucking planks. Derek the Jock is okay, he just needs someone with a bit of passion at the side of him.

Jack Dearden pisses all over them

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

both are fucking shite, Henshaw was pissed against Scunthorpe and today he seemed to lack enthusiasm for the winner, in fact I would say he was downbeat and upset, he should have been jumping up and down  cheering like fuck, instead he's claiming offside the cunt!... Eyres on the other hand loves to blab on about all the players he's coached and he tipped us for a nil nil today, and they both have a monotone voice.

We need new blood, someone biased as fuck and someone better than those two fucking planks. Derek the Jock is okay, he just needs someone with a bit of passion at the side of him.

It was a fair shout from Henshaw. It did look offside. Rather have someone who says it how it is than a happy-clapper. Have you got any suggestions?

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Steve Eyre is lightyears ahead of Henshaw.

I know it's a community radio station but it's awful. Henshaw's "research" tweet in the week was embarrassing. As was him asking mid-match what MJ stands for.

Regardless of the performance we dominated possession against a team that parked the bus (very well) but you must give Evatt credit for his substitutions.

How many times has a sub(s) come on and scored recently?

He just needs a plan B to implement when we’re not getting anywhere with plan A.

40 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Had a habit of going “big” on a couple of “bankers” the last few weeks; just needed us to win and panicked as we looked like we’d never score 

always remember what Uncle Traf and the poster formerly known as Garrp say “never cash out”. Which is a mantra I’ve always previously followed 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

the win last week means I’m not eating into anything at least. Tempted to chase it on Newc v Wolves mind 😄

I have a similar approach on bankers, although not that sort of cash! I had us to win as well, as part of an accumulator. Didn’t cash out thankfully.

Before you chase, just think, what would Garrp do...?

Just now, Cheese said:

It was a fair shout from Henshaw. It did look offside. Rather have someone who says it how it is than a happy-clapper. Have you got any suggestions?

I'm not sure it's a commentator's place to declare a goal offside before the goal goes in unless it's very obvious. By all means suggest it looked offside after the event, but not as it happens.

I don't know if it was him or someone else but Tower FM used to have a co-commentator who would shout "goal" every time we had a chance at goal. Just describe what's happening first.