Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barrow H

Burndens Bogs

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Because he should have been jumping around and cheering like a lion seeing a pork chop in a zoo!

He's a bit boring, and he definitely doesn't have crabs.

Yeah I get he’s boring 

get him to do a shout out next game 

I think fitness is playing a major part in recent weeks. By normal standards the current programme is hectic and we're still going strong at the death, enabling us to take advantage of tired defences.

This is the fittest squad we've had for years.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Traf said:

I think fitness is playing a major part in recent weeks. By normal standards the current programme is hectic and we're still going strong at the death, enabling us to take advantage of tired defences.

This is the fittest squad we've had for years.

Confidence is massive. Early on in the season, we looked miles off. Better players, winning games and we look as strong at the end of games as we do the start.

I expect this to be a feature as long as IE is here

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

H got on today, heard a few others I know, every fuckers get their name on.

For fuck’s sake, please don’t mention Wanderersways. It’d be worse than the m0ng  magnet which made occasional appearances.

34 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Grimsby must be his 2and team 😁

I think the congratulations to Grimsby reference on his Twatter feed was more about them beating Scunthorpe after the many tweets from Scunny  fans complaining about  the bias shown in Bolton FM’s coverage of the Bolton v Scunny game.

Edited by MickyD

39 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Confidence is massive. Early on in the season, we looked miles off. Better players, winning games and we look as strong at the end of games as we do the start.

I expect this to be a feature as long as IE is here

Looking strong at the end though! Could that be because we have the majority of possession and make the other side chase about?

@Rudywhat do you think?

• Site Supporter

Looked at putting a few quid on us before today's game for top 3. Decided not to jinx it but we were 10th favourites.

Just looked, our odds have come in but now 11th favs will Bill Hill. How does that work?

Odds are telling though, Morecambe, Bratfud, Bolton all 33/1. Next down is Mansfield at 250/1

• Members
Just now, Morizio said:

Looking strong at the end though! Could that be because we have the majority of possession and make the other side chase about?

@Rudywhat do you think?

I’ve said it before we have a team of workers, like jackals run opposition hard at the right times

Fonz coming on with energy gel in his hand, us scoring late goals is no coincidence 

if we’re not winning by the 60 we better have a clean sheet by 65 and then the runners come on

teams should fear us 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Morizio said:

@Rudywhat do you think?

Absolutely. Swinging Crossfield balls about are not for show, its to get central midfielders going out to help their full backs out and keep them running. Gives us a tired centre to attack later on

5 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Absolutely. Swinging Crossfield balls about are not for show, its to get central midfielders going out to help their full backs out and keep them running. Gives us a tired centre to attack later on

That's why I felt Thomason should have come on for the last half hour. We moved the ball far too slowly at times. If Jones is getting in across to John, then both Santos & Baptiste don't have to touch it every time too.