Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barrow H

Burndens Bogs

1 hour ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I have a similar approach on bankers, although not that sort of cash! I had us to win as well, as part of an accumulator. Didn’t cash out thankfully.

Before you chase, just think, what would Garrp do...?

Upset his neighbours?

* ha I miss you Garrp 😍

Edited by jules_darby

22 minutes ago, Dimron said:

It was offside.

The linesman didn't have the bottle to raise his flag with that celebration going on, just wanted to get off and have a brew

Football is a game of opinions and it’s the opinion of the referee that ultimately counts. 

The officials deemed there to be no offside for the goal and as unpalatable it may be for some, that is what will stand. 

28 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Winning obviously helps, but he's the second player this week to say the dressing room is one of the best he's been involved with

This will be telling end of the season IMO

and I get the feeling this is what IE was alluding to wasn’t there earlier this season 

love you see it

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Didn't think it was a pen mainly due to their player throwing himself across Williams however we can think of a few refs who would have given it.

Isgrove sub was a mystery to me .Arthur & Millar should start next game .Doyle's first touch was dreadful today & he looked jaded time for a rest.

Agree with comments on Jones .Brockbank offers more going forward .

Missed gorgeous George today with his better range of passing 

Got away with it today .Much better performances will be required the next two games.

Didn't get to see it today, and delighted with the win. Not unexpected that the game would be tough, given Barrow don't concede many per game.

I was a little surprised that GT wasn't used today because of his range of passing, and perhaps utilise MJW and Lee in the coming away games.

Anyway, a win is a win. Keep the run going and the ultimate prize is available. 

The 2 late winners last 2 Saturdays by Miller highlight one of the big differences between watching on i-player and being in the ground.  Not being able to share the moment with others is the obvious one, but also if I'd been there for either goal I would have immediately looked at the ref/linesman, as I do with most goals if there's any possibility of it not counting, and at least after a second or 2 I would have known it counted.  Even when Miller was sliding on his knees today I wasn't sure.

Bring on next season, can't wait to celebrate a goal properly.

6 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Football is a game of opinions and it’s the opinion of the referee that ultimately counts. 

The officials deemed there to be no offside for the goal and as unpalatable it may be for some, that is what will stand. 

Agree totally.

Just glad it went our way for a change

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, MickyD said:

To be honest, we manage to get away with foul throws just about every throw we get under the cameras. Half a football boot over the line.

We do, but on this occasion it was ' so Bolton get a throw in near the half way line, oh, ref's given it to Barrow'.

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Both decisions were correct, it wasn't a penalty and it wasn't offside.

Don't forget the crossfield pass is travelling 30 yards, King Arthur comes from behined his man and Miller is behind Arthur in the 2and phase. All kosha, we are doing ourselves down, we played until the final whistle and found a way to win, yes we lacked quality throughout the whole 90, but we got there and 3 more points in the bag, in the end Barrow deserved fuck all, 27% possession, 2 shots... that ro me says they came to shut up shop, and the clampet fuckers nearly got away with it.

Motm - Miller

I know. I was really only commenting on the emotional roller coaster of the commentary  

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Has Henshaw been shagging some of the wives, &/or daughter or sons (!) of some posters on here ?

The vitriol is amazing.

He was shit when he played for us

Theres fuck all on his CV that qualifies him as an expert

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

@Henchontheradio

Apologies Wanderers if I spoiled your celebrations @OfficialBWFC @BoltonFM 
@derekclarksport 
Can only say what we see on the radio.
Have a good night all.

See, I think he's genuinely "into" the games, and gets wrapped up just like we do. For me, he's just saying what he thought, I reckon if we'd been allowed in, many would have been wondering and glancing towards the lino too.

I don’t think he was a bad player for us neither, not a world beater, but decent enough considering the level we were at then.