Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Finding Bolty

Rudy

• Members

@bolty58 Where are you fella? I know you take a bit of a ribbing at times on here but it doesn’t feel right not having 3 quoted notifications from you when I wake up and come on here 

Jokes, politics, viewpoints aside, hope all is well skip,  we’re ready to make an assault on the top of the league so come on down  oh and @mickbrown and @Not in Crawley are missing you 

xx

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

@bolty58 Where are you fella? I know you take a bit of a ribbing at times on here but it doesn’t feel right not having 3 quoted notifications from you when I wake up and come on here 

Jokes, politics, viewpoints aside, hope all is well skip,  we’re ready to make an assault on the top of the league so come on down  oh and @mickbrown and @Not in Crawley are missing you 

xx

He's gone.

I sussed out his cryptic limited posts malarky. Seemed he wanted to go out on 27500 posts on his landmark (70th?) birthday or summat. Weird grand gesture that no fecker was arsed about.

He said bye in his last post and you heartless feckers ignored him.

Poor fella.

• Site Supporter

I’m kidding of course.

Pete invited me over to Perth last week as soon as the pandemic ends. Said he’d spend a few days letting me get familiar with his 2 stroke, which I found a little over-friendly but just assumed it to be Aussie banter.

I had heard he’d reached a grand old age and knew his upcoming adventures in the EU would just line him up for more flak which he isn’t prepared to deal with in his dotage.

I wish him well. It got too much, which is a shame but I hope he’s ok and enjoys his retirement.

All the best Señor Garnett. ❤️

Edited by Spider

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kent_white said:

I'll always have a soft spot for Bolty. 

An absolute gent in person - and someone I reckon you could always rely on if you were in a scrape! 

I'm sure he'll be back soon! I hope so anyway! 👍

Real world will always be the true measure of the man

Not this madhouse 

12 hours ago, mickbrown said:

He's gone.

I sussed out his cryptic limited posts malarky. Seemed he wanted to go out on 27500 posts on his landmark (70th?) birthday or summat. Weird grand gesture that no fecker was arsed about.

He said bye in his last post and you heartless feckers ignored him.

Poor fella.

I thought that you were taking the piss, but he has left on exactly 27500 posts, which I guess explains why he said a few weeks ago that he could only post once per day....seems odd.

It's a shame he's decided to go, as the place will be poorer without him for sure, but by the very nature of a place like this, you will always get people coming and going - remember it's only a few years ago since No Balls was positing around 100 times a day, and then once Smiffs decided he was going, then off she popped as well. Maggie Tate used to love coming on here and doing masses of multiple quote posts, and he vanished overnight as well (although I suspect that was more to do with him being wrong about almost everything he posted)  -  more will come and more will go.

I'll miss @bolty58he was a decent bloke and Bolton through and through