Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Finding Bolty

Rudy

• Site Supporter

If my 7 year daughter did it, I'd say she was sulking.

I'm not really sure how to describe a bloke drawing his pension huffing away from a football forum with such a camp flourish.

Smiffs and No Balls just went. No histrionics.

A shame in many ways, but each to their own. He's still a white.

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

I thought that you were taking the piss, but he has left on exactly 27500 posts, which I guess explains why he said a few weeks ago that he could only post once per day....seems odd.

It's a shame he's decided to go, as the place will be poorer without him for sure, but by the very nature of a place like this, you will always get people coming and going - remember it's only a few years ago since No Balls was positing around 100 times a day, and then once Smiffs decided he was going, then off she popped as well. Maggie Tate used to love coming on here and doing masses of multiple quote posts, and he vanished overnight as well (although I suspect that was more to do with him being wrong about almost everything he posted)  -  more will come and more will go.

I'll miss @bolty58he was a decent bloke and Bolton through and through

Its a common problem with the snowflake generation. No backbone or staying power.

12 minutes ago, Spider said:

If my 7 year daughter did it, I'd say she was sulking.

I'm not really sure how to describe a bloke drawing his pension huffing away from a football forum with such a camp flourish.

Smiffs and No Balls just went. No histrionics.

A shame in many ways, but each to their own. He's still a white.

It is bit it's a bit like a tag team here, for every Bolty there will be an Esco - its how the ship rights itself.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, athywhite1958 said:

For all people know he may be in a part of Oz with really shite interweb connection, believe me Pete does not sulk especially over comments on a football forum 

Nah

He's been telling us about this for months with his breadcrumb trail and dramatic cliffhangers. 

I imagine he's just putting more effort into other forums about scooters and thinly-disguised right wing subjects masquerading as patriotism.

Couldn't win a few debates, so took his ball home.

On the Wanderers, music, he was superb company. Less so when things weren't going his way with the Liberals.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Nah

He's been telling us about this for months with his breadcrumb trail and dramatic cliffhangers. 

I imagine he's just putting more effort into other forums about scooters and thinly-disguised right wing subjects masquerading as patriotism.

Couldn't win a few debates, so took his ball home.

On the Wanderers, music, he was superb company. Less so when things weren't going his way with the Liberals.

Yeah - donated cash to my little run, always decent away from some of the more questionable topics.

Plus his stories about joking with black bartenders, the st.george's day 'celebration' at work, boozing with the mafia or dating Bolton's Sophia Loren made my day at times.

And he at least understood scarasm and irony.

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yeah - donated cash to my little run, always decent away from some of the more questionable topics.

Plus his stories about joking with black bartenders, the st.george's day 'celebration' at work, boozing with the mafia or dating Bolton's Sophia Loren made my day at times.

And he at least understood scarasm and irony.

That was always a firm favourite, because it happened and we had photographic proof. The others almost certainly never happened and he just made them up for bantz.

1 hour ago, Good Knee said:

A fine upstanding gentleman, I've known him for about 50 years , he'll survive he's a Tonge Moor lad.

When we have the next meet up mate, shall we invite those who are slating him ? I imagine they will be too busy....

Was a thoroughly decent day last time.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

When we have the next meet up mate, shall we invite those who are slating him ? I imagine they will be too busy....

Was a thoroughly decent day last time.

You'll invite me because you love me and I need to return a big bag of BOOMS that I owe you.

And I'll always share a Fosters in a plastic pot with Mounts. :-)

49 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Apologies, Non Boltonian. I’m LH lad from Salford family.  Dad Higher Broughton, Mum Lower Broughton. 

Good on you for being a Wanderer.  Similar background myself. Thank God my dad was a Bolton fan.  I could have ended up a rag 《shudder》

Just now, Duck Egg said:

Good on you for being a Wanderer.  Similar background myself. Thank God my dad was a Bolton fan.  I could have ended up a rag 《shudder》

Similar to me also and my dad was a red as are most of my family tbh (it’s the first anniversary of his death today so I won’t hold it against him 😁)

4 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I saw the light for myself Dads a blue and took me to couple of city games in the early 70s euro games think it was Gornik or Legia, but soon as I went Burnden and drank the atmosphere that was it for me. I still have a soft spot for Salford RL though. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I saw the light for myself Dads a blue and took me to couple of city games in the early 70s euro games think it was Gornik or Legia, but soon as I went Burnden and drank the atmosphere that was it for me. I still have a soft spot for Salford RL though. 

@Zico

Nudge nudge