Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Finding Bolty

Rudy

Id be properly gutted if Bolty has gone for good :(

Had some proper debates with him over the years but that's all it ever was, bit of banter, casual slanderous comments but I never thought for one minute we wouldn't buy eachother a pint at the match and I know he always has thought the same. 

That goes for everyone on here.

Be a massive shame if hes gone, this place needs big characters and hes as big as you'll get.

• Members
56 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Good on you for being a Wanderer.  Similar background myself. Thank God my dad was a Bolton fan.  I could have ended up a rag 《shudder》

My Owd man was and still is a Toffee, he was good and let me decide my own fate. I wouldn’t change it for the world

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Id be properly gutted if Bolty has gone for good :(

Had some proper debates with him over the years but that's all it ever was, bit of banter, casual slanderous comments but I never thought for one minute we wouldn't buy eachother a pint at the match and I know he always has thought the same. 

That goes for everyone on here.

Be a massive shame if hes gone, this place needs big characters and hes as big as you'll get.

Top post this.

Not been on here long, but had some funny conversations with him. Even if I did take him to seriously at times.

He'll be back

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Spider said:

If my 7 year daughter did it, I'd say she was sulking.

I'm not really sure how to describe a bloke drawing his pension huffing away from a football forum with such a camp flourish.

Smiffs and No Balls just went. No histrionics.

A shame in many ways, but each to their own. He's still a white.

Thing is, plenty have come and gone. William Bear, Djorkaeff, Oli from Walkden, Ashy, Northy...

I’d gladly have a beer with every one of them but this forum goes on with or without them.

Edited by MickyD

This site was mainly East and West lower, now too many East and West upper. Not enough 8am at Piccadilly with 4 cans and too many Travel Club coachers with a Mars Bar and can of pop. Finally, more women. We need more women. They have more balls than most on here. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Boby Brno said:

This site was mainly East and West lower, now too many East and West upper. Not enough 8am at Piccadilly with 4 cans and too many Travel Club coachers with a Mars Bar and can of pop. Finally, more women. We need more women. They have more balls than most on here. 

Four cans? Did we draw Stockport in the cup? 

• Site Supporter

Spoke to him overnight (via messages) and he’s decided enough is enough. I think the straw putting most pressure on the camel’s back was whoever decided it’d be funny to characature Bolty58 as a respondent in the Bolton News comments. The only folk over here who know him as Bolty58 are from on here.

He’ll still watch from afar but doesn’t fancy a return yet.

Its a football forum, I don't miss anyone who stops posting. Bit odd if you did, but by the same token I'm in no rush to meet up in person and obviously other folk are and do. Each to their own and all that, personally I just don't take it all that seriously, it's a nice way to speak a few minutes away from work and to keep in the know about BWFC and the town.

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Its a football forum, I don't miss anyone who stops posting. Bit odd if you did, but by the same token I'm in no rush to meet up in person and obviously other folk are and do. Each to their own and all that, personally I just don't take it all that seriously, it's a nice way to speak a few minutes away from work and to keep in the know about BWFC and the town.

Many folk who started posting on here have met up in person and come under the following headings:

Great friends

Good pals

Drinking buddies

Occasional chat

Nod at each other

Avoid like the plague

I think I’ve met folk on here who fall  into all my (non exhaustive) categories except avoid like the plague.  I think it’s great that you can walk into a pub in a far-away town centre and someone shouts, “MickyD!” 
Some you get to know their real name and talk to them using that monicker, others you know their name but refer to them more often by their WW user name. 

It really is a closer knit community than some give it credit for.

18 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Many folk who started posting on here have met up in person and come under the following headings:

Great friends

Good pals

Drinking buddies

Occasional chat

Nod at each other

Avoid like the plague

I think I’ve met folk on here who fall  into all my (non exhaustive) categories except avoid like the plague.  I think it’s great that you can walk into a pub in a far-away town centre and someone shouts, “MickyD!” 
Some you get to know their real name and talk to them using that monicker, others you know their name but refer to them more often by their WW user name. 

It really is a closer knit community than some give it credit for.

To NiC, we’re clearly 

Avoid like the plague