Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Finding Bolty

Rudy

I’ve missed loads recently 

Bolty’s gone the way of Brixton, Zozzy, Smiffs, NB, Henri etc is that right?

loads of characters gone over the years. I disagreed with most of what Bolty posted on here in latter years (don’t recall doing so when the site was less political and more satire funnily enough) but met him in real life a handful of times and he was a cracking bloke 

Well hope he’s alreet whatever he’s up to. Not arguing with strangers on the internet is definitely good for the soul 👍🏻

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I’ve missed loads recently 

Bolty’s gone the way of Brixton, Zozzy, Smiffs, NB, Henri etc is that right?

loads of characters gone over the years. I disagreed with most of what Bolty posted on here in latter years (don’t recall doing so when the site was less political and more satire funnily enough) but met him in real life a handful of times and he was a cracking bloke 

Well hope he’s alreet whatever he’s up to. Not arguing with strangers on the internet is definitely good for the soul 👍🏻

This^^^

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

...and definitely not liked by the wokesters 🤓

If you think there's a particularly 'woke' presence on here then working in a further/higher education setting must send you round the twist...

There's a daily publishing of tits on here ffs, sometimes not even bothering to include a face.

It's hardly an Owen Jones sponsored safe space.

Is he gay (Jones)?

I know he does that Boycott-esque talking out of the side of his mouth that only Yerkshire curnts do.

Next you'll be telling us Owain off Look Northwest is too...

Apart from utterly shit Tommy/Brexit/BLM/Trump etc. shitty 'politics' threads (and the pettiness and division they sowed) I don't reckon' this place has changed much at all in twenty years.

I think folk just get older and more entrenched.

It's like the cut of one's jeans, to some extent you have to go some way towards the prevailing winds...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

9 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Is he gay (Jones)?

I know he does that Boycott-esque talking out of the side of his mouth that only Yerkshire curnts do.

Next you'll be telling us Owain off Look Northwest is too...

Apart from utterly shit Tommy/Brexit/BLM/Trump etc. shitty 'politics' threads (and the pettiness and division they sowed) I don't reckon' this place has changed much at all in twenty years.

I think folk just get older and more entrenched.

It's like the cut of one's jeans, to some extent you have to go some way towards the prevailing winds...

😂 Saw something t'other day where he was saying he had to go back in the closet to get into TV work. That must be utter bollocks, he can't even know what the inside of the closet looks like. He must have been one of them that didn't even need to sit his parents down and tell them, it's just bloody obvious. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, boogs said:

😂 Saw something t'other day where he was saying he had to go back in the closet to get into TV work. That must be utter bollocks, he can't even know what the inside of the closet looks like. He must have been one of them that didn't even need to sit his parents down and tell them, it's just bloody obvious. 

Owain: Mum, dad, I’m gay

Mum and dad: No fucking shit!

He said he was the only gay in the village - and he used to tinker with motorbikes so no-one twigged.

This was in Wales, so perhaps believable.

They showed a clip of him looking a bit nu-metal meets STEPS in his 'closeted' Welsh kid's TV days - he was speaking gobbledegook so he pretty much seemed like all the other kids presenters (apart from the goblajuke).

The irony that a thread asking where a poster off here is, one who is infamous for his views on homosexuality has transgressed into a debate about whether or not a gay weather man was able to come out of the closet in his early TV days......

He'll be fuming in his flip flops.......

He consistently refers to Roger as 'darling' (or sommat).

Something that raised the ire of a poster on here, not Bolty.

I geniinely think it's a sad day there'll be no more posts that state reluctant tolerance of private bummin's and dislike of cavortings and public parading and flaunting.

I genuinely don't know why he's picked now, to use the parlance of his adopted land he's 'copped heaps more' in the past and stuck it out.

If anything I thought the site was getting back on track somewhat of late after a divisive few years - back to tits, football and 'I'm a bellend' anecdotes.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

14 hours ago, DazBob said:

Oh give over.

It was a comment on the BN website under username Bolty58.

The only people on the world who know who Bolty58 is are people on here. Anyone on here would know there is absolutely no way on Earth the 'real' Bolty58 would've written it.

I know who wrote it and I'm pretty certain he wouldn't be in Esco's list of suspects.

Edit: and as said above, it was years ago, so I'm pretty sure that wasn't the final straw for Bolty.

Well, the offending article was easy to find.

Just go to the comments and it's the ninth one down.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/12882267.bolton-to-host-first-gay-pride-festival/#comments-anchor

Turns out it was actually posted by Anewman and wasn't a fake Bolty account after all. :D

• Members
7 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Well, the offending article was easy to find.

Just go to the comments and it's the ninth one down.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/12882267.bolton-to-host-first-gay-pride-festival/#comments-anchor

Turns out it was actually posted by Anewman and wasn't a fake Bolty account after all. :D

😂