Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Finding Bolty

Rudy

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

I take it he is camp as fook and wears coloured (pink, yellow, red) socks..... and turn ups šŸ˜œ

Socks? Pink, yellow and red socks? Theyā€™ll beĀ the suits you describe, not the socks.

8 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Well, the offending article was easy to find.

Just go to the comments and it's the ninth one down.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/12882267.bolton-to-host-first-gay-pride-festival/#comments-anchor

Turns out it was actually posted by Anewman and wasn't a fake Bolty account after all. :D

BrilliantĀ 

47 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Well, the offending article was easy to find.

Just go to the comments and it's the ninth one down.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/12882267.bolton-to-host-first-gay-pride-festival/#comments-anchor

Turns out it was actually posted by Anewman and wasn't a fake Bolty account after all. :D

Was that what all the fuss was about ? šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

9 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

It looks like weatherMEN are either Gays or Paedo's, not sure about Micky Fish though, looked a bit of a swinger, but even he probably didn't know until it hit him like a hurricane šŸ˜²

I what was possibly the least titillating 'scandal' expĆ²se ever, Michael Fish was caught red-handed playing away by The News of the World.

The article pictured him buying a cheap posy from a garage forecourt and pitching up at some frumpy housewife's gaff, she was a considerable downgrade on his missus iirc.

The reporter must've realised the futility of making such poor material salacious and instead concentrated on shoehorning as many puns on his name in instead..."Fish proved a slippery customer by sneaking around the back", "Wiley old trout Fish checked the coast was clear before ringing his lover's bell", "dressed in a bathrobe his mistress lured in her catch with a doorstep kiss..." etc.

Whoever grassed him probably got paid about Ā£2.50 and half a bag of Revels.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Youri McAnespie

3 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

There was one pro-gay message board post by 'Bolty58' and I'm sure the real Bolty was aggrieved because he thought certain parties might think it was genuine (possibly his mates/relatives across the border - though I may be wrong).

You're not wrong.

Just now, DazBob said:

Thats the only one I can recall.

I remember Bolty's rant at the time, but thought it was in response to the comment I've posted a link to. I can't recall another comment on the BN site that got his back up.

Pretty sure there was a series of them in the last 6 months or so?Ā I didnā€™t read them myself but many folk on here passed comment on them and I canā€™t remember who it was who kept copying the comments across to here? Whatever floats your boat I guess.Ā 
Ā 

But if anyone thinks itā€™s why heā€™s left WW then they will be sadly disappointed.Ā 

• Members
6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Pretty sure there was a series of them in the last 6 months or so?Ā I didnā€™t read them myself but many folk on here passed comment on them and I canā€™t remember who it was who kept copying the comments across to here? Whatever floats your boat I guess.Ā 
Ā 

But if anyone thinks itā€™s why heā€™s left WW then they will be sadly disappointed.Ā 

Yeah there wasĀ 

• Members
6 minutes ago, Ani said:

Would it be ironic if I posted on this thread that is weird how many people are posting on this thread ?Ā 
Ā 

People come and go for whatever reasons, I do not get the fuss.Ā 

Need some cheap digs when I go to Australia, alright Ani!Ā 

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

That isnā€™t it

Fair enough. If someone's been on and postedĀ a load ofĀ anti-gay shite under that name then it's a shitty thing to do that goes beyond banter.Ā 

Tbh the comments section on there is pretty depressing. As are most newspaper comments sections. Filled with not rights.Ā 

Should get a WWays block at the next Bolton PrideĀ šŸ»

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Ā 

Iā€™d be surprised if an imposter on the BEN website has made him leave an unrelated football forum.

Im more inclined to think he just got bored and wasnā€™t able to fully understand the more liberal views on here and assumed it to be ā€˜cancel cultureā€™

Theres no physical reason for leaving, so itā€™ll be a philosophical one. Still a whiff of flouncery and Pantomime Dame about it, like.

Its a shame, the banter occasionally veered towards the personal but weā€™ve all been brought up to know that itā€™s part and parcel.

Id still buy him a pint of cider.

On 25/02/2021 at 13:06, Spider said:

If my 7 year daughter did it, I'd say she was sulking.

I'm not really sure how to describe a bloke drawing his pension huffing away from a football forum with such a camp flourish.

Smiffs and No Balls just went. No histrionics.

A shame in many ways, but each to their own. He's still a white.

I bet your floor or desk has recovered from all them brews you used to spit out though from when they posted?

People come and go, regular posters like Zozzy, Squidgy, No Balls, Biff, Brixton,Olispence, MG Whites,Ā Big girl oral explosion, Smiffs, & many more have all disappeared over the years for one reason or another. On the flip side to that, lotsĀ ofĀ new posters have arrived since our crisis days. Still top entertainment on here though at times and itā€™s been a big help through all the Pandemic bollox.

22 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

People come and go, regular posters like Zozzy, Squidgy, No Balls, Biff, Brixton,Olispence, MG Whites,Ā Big girl oral explosion, Smiffs, & many more have all disappeared over the years for one reason or another. On the flip side to that, lotsĀ ofĀ new posters have arrived since our crisis days. Still top entertainment on here though at times and itā€™s been a big help through all the Pandemic bollox.

This is all true.
I canā€™t help thinking that comparisons between the ex posters and the current crop is like when weĀ were in the Premier League and nowĀ League 2.Ā 
I miss the Premier league (thatā€™s a euphemism for Brixton)