Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mascoll goes a-Wandering

Dr. Feelgood

Jamie Mascoll has left the building to join Waterford on loan. He played 9 games all told. The 'loan' must be limited as he's on a one year contract here. I doubt he's coming back.

A lot of "he's come from Wycombe & they're above our level" on his arrival, added to the ubiquitous "he's extremely fast" he was surely a Tobias pick. He'd played 4 times for Wycombe and no games at Charlton in an earlier point in his career.

Hope he settles in Ireland.

Would this free space & money for Joel Lynch ?

9 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Jamie Mascoll has left the building to join Waterford on loan. He played 9 games all told. The 'loan' must be limited as he's on a one year contract here. I doubt he's coming back.

A lot of "he's come from Wycombe & they're above our level" on his arrival, added to the ubiquitous "he's extremely fast" he was surely a Tobias pick. He'd played 4 times for Wycombe and no games at Charlton in an earlier point in his career.

Hope he settles in Ireland.

Would this free space & money for Joel Lynch ?

I think we've moved on from Lynch.

• Site Supporter

I watched a fair bit of Irish  football last season. Mainly Division 1 and mainly Bray Wanderers and it's a good way down from our L2.

Waterford are Premier League though, finished mid table. They are managed by Kevin Sheedy, and our ex Daryl Murphy is there. Mascoll could fit right in there.

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

When I was a paper boy the newsagents was a dirty red but he took me and another boy to the European game against Waterford. They won 7-0 but couldn’t get excited watching them even at a young age 

Was the newsagent a scout master as well?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

When I was a paper boy the newsagents was a dirty red but he took me and another boy to the European game against Waterford. They won 7-0 but couldn’t get excited watching them even at a young age 

Is that because he had his finger up your arse at the same time? 

7 goals is a lot of tight hugs and jumping up and down 

I'd repress it too 

7 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

I watched a fair bit of Irish  football last season. Mainly Division 1 and mainly Bray Wanderers and it's a good way down from our L2.

Waterford are Premier League though, finished mid table. They are managed by Kevin Sheedy, and our ex Daryl Murphy is there. Mascoll could fit right in there.

Murphy's from Waterford and just wanted to go "home" to end his career.