Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Musical Guilty Pleasures

Rudy

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

If donk had originated in London it would have won a Brit award by now.

This track originated from a youth group in Farnworth didn't it?

The charity me and the missus helped out at had a music group loads of lads making this kind of stuff. Summert comedy about a white lad from Bury talking about 'spittin bars'

49 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

It just takes me back to school where it was all rockports, gold sovereigns and mc-ing. REALLY not for me. I thought I was better than them 😂😂

As a dedicated mosher in my teenage years i was the same. As i got older loads of my mosher mates loved getting pilled up and going to DnB and Gabba nights, they said it was great night out. Not for me i was more of a gig then rockworld kid

• Members
15 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

As a dedicated mosher in my teenage years i was the same. As i got older loads of my mosher mates loved getting pilled up and going to DnB and Gabba nights, they said it was great night out. Not for me i was more of a gig then rockworld kid

I wasn't a chav, or a mosher. I was a inbetweener happily judging others 😂😂

21 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

This track originated from a youth group in Farnworth didn't it?

The charity me and the missus helped out at had a music group loads of lads making this kind of stuff. Summert comedy about a white lad from Bury talking about 'spittin bars'

Halliwell Youth Project I think.

Yeah never been my cup of tea - but some of it is certainly no worse than what's being produced down south. It's just sneered at. 

That Blackout Crew one was a half piss take anyway! 

• 2 months later...
  • Site Supporter

Tom Odell

Imagine, if you can, a more annoying 2013 sound than the trout-tongued singer from Bastille going “Ayd if yew clews yer ayezzz” before EVERY SINGLE YouTube clip of the year so far. Can’t do it? Then imagine this – an act that’s three parts Ben Howard, five parts Adele, four parts Keane, eight parts Florence and 500 parts Marcus Mumford’s arse. The sort of artist that’s a shoo-in for the Brits Critics Award, voted for by made-up ‘critics’ from Whatever Soporific MOR Shite Sold Fuckloads Last Year To People Who Don’t Really Like Music Magazine. Welcome to Tom Odell. Please, you’re welcome to him. 

Just as there was a certain brooding promise to his teaser hit ‘Another Love’ before someone waterboarded it with cod-pagan pomp until it was a trembling, desperate mess prepared to do anything its overlords told it to, ‘Long Way Down’ is a decently bland album by a (probably) decently bland sort of bloke that’s been shafted so hard by The Man it’s submitted to gospel choirs (‘Can’t Pretend’), Coldplay chorus ballast (‘I Know’, ‘Till I Lost’) and Mumford money jigs (‘Grow Old With Me’) – all over-emoting songs about nothing. 

During the maudlin quietude of ‘Sense’ or the title track, a tiny inkling of pity emerges in your sickened soul, and you convince yourself the 22-year-old from Chichester is just a poor, misguided wannabe who’s fallen into the hands of the music industry equivalent of Hungarian sex traffickers. Then he comes over all Lionel Richie on ‘Supposed To Be’. I wish I could say there’s a place in Hell reserved for Tom Odell. There’s not. Just loads more Brits. He’ll be all over 2013 like a virulent dose of musical syphilis, pounding and warbling away at every Papal election and Bradley Wiggins finishing line. Be warned, you can’t unhear it. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, bolton_blondie said:

Christ 😳

He’s the sort of artist that has thankfully disappeared up his own arse and has never emerged again.

Absolutely fucking dreadful.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, bolton_blondie said:

Christ no. He's a prick. I used to be a business travel agent and had the joys of speaking to him over the phone. Grade A bell end. 

Well that’s a relief. I thought you’d gone weird and had flicked your bean whilst picturing him telling you about property investments