Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blocked Ear Drums

Breightmet Boy

I’ve been having a few problems with the old Richard Gere’s, I’ve only had them done once (30 years ago) and all they did was pour warm water into the canal.  So I’ve decided to do it myself with a empty Fairy Liquid bottle and warm water like this fella, looks quite simple to me.  Unless one of you lot have a better idea, I’ll do it tomorrow morning.  Do any of you lot do your own?

I used olive oil for a while. Did nowt. Doctor put me on to this stuff. Peanut oil I think. Stinks to high heaven but works for me. Not had my ears syringed for years now 

Edit: Just googled it and says it’s olive oil. Sure it used to be peanut oil. Anyway still works for me

Edited by MancWanderer

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

I syringe ears. You need two weeks of olive oil eardrops first. £40 and I will come do it for you 👍 one of my favourite jobs to do

I’ve got a load of nut oil wedged. Cash or bank transfer?

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

I used olive oil for a while. Did nowt. Doctor put me on to this stuff. Peanut oil I think. Stinks to high heaven but works for me. Not had my ears syringed for years now 

Edit: Just googled it and says it’s olive oil. Sure it used to be peanut oil. Anyway still works for me

Maybe the peanut oil cleared a few ears permanently. Wonder how many allergy sufferers read the small print! 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Tungsten3 said:

Don't do the shower head it can perforate your eardrum

Are you a doctor? 

Do the shower head you soft cunt. Live dangerously. 

Report back. 

By the way,  i wasn't advising just straight down the lug hole and hope for the best 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, little whitt said:

DONT do what i did years ago 

filled a calpol Syringe with boiling water out the kettle and squit that in 

fuck me the pain 

And tungsten doesn't feel this worthy of comment. 😅

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Carlos said:

If you can't find peanut oil, try peanut butter instead.

You'd then need a calpol syringe full of boiling water top soften it up...

and then drive it home with a power shower...

be careful not to perforate your eardrum though. 

53 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I did olive oil once. Thought nowt of it, then about 2 weeks later I was getting dressed and there was a rattling/buzzing noise coming from my ear, thought it was a wasp. Then a ball of wax dropped out.

Was fucking rank. Never done it since.

Happened to me After diving. For a few days had muffled hearing and then when I was diving had pain in my ear got back on the boat and tipped my head to the side and a big pellet of furry wax came out tipped head other way and same happened. Was sore afterwards for a day or so but never had hearing so clear

@boltondiveryou ever had that? I was doing my advanced open water at the time and down to 40m. Saw a whaleshark that day as well which was pretty cool 

11 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Happened to me After diving. For a few days had muffled hearing and then when I was diving had pain in my ear got back on the boat and tipped my head to the side and a big pellet of furry wax came out tipped head other way and same happened. Was sore afterwards for a day or so but never had hearing so clear

@boltondiveryou ever had that? I was doing my advanced open water at the time and down to 40m. Saw a whaleshark that day as well which was pretty cool 

No

But I’ve seen a whale shark, though!

One of life’s thrilling moments. Along with diving with Mantas