Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Worst holiday memory

fatty

So .....

19 and very little money. Me, my girlfriend and a couple we were friends with wanted a holiday so off they went to look at the fluorescent signs in the town centre travel agent windows on a Saturday morning (I was working). The budget was around £100 each. Met them at the pub in the afternoon and they were pissing their sides...

Pick up from the hen and chickens in a coach to a 2 star in loret de mar. 

Just being away with friends at 19 was brilliant and had a great time but that fucking coach journey .... hell

Edited by fatty

• Site Supporter

Staying in a caravan on the farm where we got our dogs from.

They'd been due their worming tablets or some such, so got some from the vets where they were first jabbed as pups.

Got up the morning after and one of then clearly hadn't "appreciated" the medication. 

Fuck me, liquid shit everywhere. Yards of it, soaked into the pile of the carpet. A miasma to match too.

• Members

I have a few.

Last ever holiday with my mum and dad in Es Cana Ibiza when I was 15. Landing in Ibiza was like landing back in Manchester. Pissed it down solid for 2 weeks.

Mum and dad ready for throwing themselves off the balcony (proper sun worshippers) 

When i was 10 went to Turkey with my Auntie and Uncle. Some Turkish fella probably about 25 stuck his tongue down my throat. I was traumatised. I know I looked older than 10 at the time but fuck me. Still makes me feel sick. 

Went to Malta when I was 11/12 with the same Auntie and Uncle. Had my first ever holiday romance. A scouser who was 14. Can't even remember his name now. Cried all the way home. Thought it was love didn't I? 😂 I cringe thinking about it. 

My mum and dad had called it time on their 21 years of marriage and were starting divorce proceedings when I was 13/14...they had a cheap week in benalmadena booked though with me in tow. Not to let the money go to waste we all went. 

Arguing every night. Win her back karaoke performances and passive aggressive snipey comments all week and more than one "swill" moment. 

I remember walking off and heading back to the apartment with no key on my own one night as I'd had enough. it was a good hour or so before they came back. 

And I heard em rumping one night. 

Fucking nightmare 🤣

• Members
1 minute ago, stevieb said:

My mum and dad had called it time on their 21 years of marriage and were starting divorce proceedings when I was 13/14...they had a cheap week in benalmadena booked though with me in tow. Not to let the money go to waste we all went. 

Arguing every night. Win her back karaoke performances and passive aggressive snipey comments all week and more than one "swill" moment. 

I remember walking off and heading back to the apartment with no key on my own one night as I'd had enough. it was a good hour or so before they came back. 

Fucking nightmare 🤣

Fuckin hell mate you win 😂

• Site Supporter

Cheap holiday at a villa up the mountains from Benidorm belonging to a friend of my dad’s.

Me and girlfriend (now MrsD) and brother and his girlfriend (now not another MrsD)

First night we went out round Benidorm bars and the first one was absolutely dead. Me, wife and brother necked our drinks, bro’s g/f took her time. Like really slow!

I encouraged her to speed things up a bit and she tipped the whole drink over my head. No warnings or anything.

As you can imagine, the rest of the fortnight was great fun.

6 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Fucking nightmare 🤣

11 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

splitting up with a ex in Albina, Bulgaria after finding out she'd been texting her ex.  Didnt have the cash for another room so had to spend another week with her, it was awful.

Could have been worse, Stevie, you could have been in Albena. Went there in 2006, what a fucking shithole that place was.

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's properly shit that stevie.

Old enough to laugh at it now but scarred for life! 🤣 

"I don't want you in my life anymore... But we've spent £300 on a week on Spain..." 

Absolute madness. 

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Fucking nightmare 🤣

Fuck me

Thats bleak

And brilliant 

• Site Supporter

Mine is Benalmadena based too. A cash machine took my card in and kept it. Our daughter DHL'ed some Euros out the next day (calling them important documents for signature) and they arrived the next day. I cancelled my card and calmed down immediately.

For one evening only we had to have a 'slate' at a few bars. Hardly a disaster compared with Stevies Benal-madhouse but it was a pain at the time.

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Loosing one of my contact lenses on a water park in Majorca. It Was the last pair I had. Spent the rest of the holiday walking around like this...

Somebody somewhere has complained about getting a verruca at a waterpark in Majorca after getting your lens stuck to their foot.

3 hours ago, fatty said:

So .....

19 and very little money. Me, my girlfriend and a couple we were friends with wanted a holiday so off they went to look at the fluorescent signs in the town centre travel agent windows on a Saturday morning (I was working). The budget was around £100 each. Met them at the pub in the afternoon and they were pissing their sides...

Pick up from the hen and chickens in a coach to a 2 star in loret de mar. 

Just being away with friends at 19 was brilliant and had a great time but that fucking coach journey .... hell

What year was your coach to Lloret? I did the same trip in 1985!