Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Worst holiday memory

fatty

It was 1st lads holiday - I was 17 - can't remember much about the coach part, so it probably wasn't that bad! I vaguely recalling us stopping off in Orange on the way down, and the onboard rep had arranged some French geezer to attempt to sell us perfumes & aftershaves. We were in Lloret for 14 nights - got kicked out of our hotel after a week - ended up some hill at a lovely quaint hotel called the Hotel Manana. 

32 minutes ago, Traf said:

My worst holiday memories/nightmares are refunding thousands of pounds to clients over the last year and essentially working for nothing. 

But what a advertisement for future bookings that is, folk will be bragging off about that.  Might be pretty shit now, but could be your future goldmine that Traf

My Mum, Aunty and Nan went on holiday with my Grandad. My Grandad had Alzheimer's but could be trusted alone. He used to go on massive walks with the dogs etc.

Anyway he went for a walk one day, never saw him again. Found a couple of months later in a field somewhere. 

Cremated against my Nan's wishes, it took over a year to get his ashes returned for a funeral in the UK. Excuse after excuse from the Spanish authorities. Our Govt at high level are shysters but I like to think if the roles reversed we'd have shown far more compassion.

I didn't go on this holiday so strictly speaking it doesn't comply with the thread so I'll nominate my Mum instead!  

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

My Mum, Aunty and Nan went on holiday with my Grandad. My Grandad had Alzheimer's but could be trusted alone. He used to go on massive walks with the dogs etc.

Anyway he went for a walk one day, never saw him again. Found a couple of months later in a field somewhere. 

Cremated against my Nan's wishes, it took over a year to get his ashes returned for a funeral in the UK. Excuse after excuse from the Spanish authorities. Our Govt at high level are shysters but I like to think if the roles reversed we'd have shown far more compassion.

I didn't go on this holiday so strictly speaking it doesn't comply with the thread so I'll nominate my Mum instead!  

Not my holiday. This couple,  my dad's aunt and uncle,  my great aunt and uncle went to Benidorm and were both found dead in their hotel room. We have no clue if it wad a suicide pact,  one died naturally and the other was reliant,  any other combination of reasons.  

The Spanish don't do post mortem examinations. They cremated the bodies and THEN informed the families. 

We still don't have a clue what happened to them. 

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, fatty said:

So .....

19 and very little money. Me, my girlfriend and a couple we were friends with wanted a holiday so off they went to look at the fluorescent signs in the town centre travel agent windows on a Saturday morning (I was working). The budget was around £100 each. Met them at the pub in the afternoon and they were pissing their sides...

Pick up from the hen and chickens in a coach to a 2 star in loret de mar. 

Just being away with friends at 19 was brilliant and had a great time but that fucking coach journey .... hell

Did a similar thing in 1976 cheapest holiday available 12 days in Corfu by fucking charabanc never gave the journey a second thought me and my mate got pissed in the Albion and chucked our bags in the boot, got on the bus every one else had shaving tackle and change of clothes didn't really know why, fuck me what followed nearly killed me four fucking days trapped on a wreck of a bus , I kept getting cramp and my legs swelled up I lay in the isle for 2 days . We had 3 fucking days in a tent and then back on the bastard bus home. Stopped at a service station in Italy and decided I was getting pissed to ease the pain brought a load of bottles and was well into them before we realised they were alcohol free fuck me naive or what ?

• Members

Mate of mine was with his girlfriend for 7 years, owned a house, pet the whole lot.

Went to Florida on a 3 week holiday 

First night, they go to the magic kingdom in Disneyland at night, they go to the castle, the fireworks start going off he gets down on one knee, he asks her to marry him, she says err can we talk about this

Have to awkwardly go back to the hotel he asks her what’s going on and she says she doesn’t want to do this anymore, and they break up

Day 1 of 21 on the other side of the world with someone who doesn’t want to be with you. 

1 hour ago, little whitt said:

i would have still RUINNED her the last week got my moneys worth 

Didn’t want to speak or look at her, agreed for the kids sake that we’d try our best not to spoil their holiday so I kept my distance and didn’t speak much, if at all.  No chance, once it’s over it’s over.

• Members
12 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Mate of mine was with his girlfriend for 7 years, owned a house, pet the whole lot.

First night, they go to the magic kingdom in Disneyland at night, they go to the castle, the fireworks start going off he gets down on one knee, he asks her to marry him, she says err can we talk about this

Have to awkwardly go back to the hotel he asks her what’s going on and she says she doesn’t want to do this anymore, and they break up

Day 1 of 21 on the other side of the world with someone who doesn’t want to be with you. 

Magical. 

29 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Yes. 

That can take my mantle. 

Fucking hell bet that was a proper shitter. 

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

Did a similar thing in 1976 cheapest holiday available 12 days in Corfu by fucking charabanc never gave the journey a second thought me and my mate got pissed in the Albion and chucked our bags in the boot, got on the bus every one else had shaving tackle and change of clothes didn't really know why, fuck me what followed nearly killed me four fucking days trapped on a wreck of a bus , I kept getting cramp and my legs swelled up I lay in the isle for 2 days . We had 3 fucking days in a tent and then back on the bastard bus home. Stopped at a service station in Italy and decided I was getting pissed to ease the pain brought a load of bottles and was well into them before we realised they were alcohol free fuck me naive or what ?

A coach to Corfu????

I just can’t get my head round that.

• Members
4 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Yes. 

That can take my mantle. 

Fucking hell bet that was a proper shitter. 

Worked out for the best in the end because she was a dick and he married someone else now but at the time it must have been horrendous 

38 minutes ago, Rudy said:

...Day 1 of 21 on the other side of the world with someone who doesn’t want to be with you and has been polishing some other bloke's cock for fuck knows how long...

EFA. Is he certain he's not on the spectrum and undiagnosed, to not have the foggiest what was coming?

If not then refer to Item A. (above) - a bird 😀 won't miss (many, many) opportunities to let you know you're a shitbag and she's unhappy before the Spanish archer unless she's guilt-ridden and/or keeping her shenanigans under wraps...

If she was shacked up about ten minutes after they got back - that's the giveaway.

Never happened to me btw, I'm firmly a 'make my position untenable' type of coward 👍.

In the past. 😉

Edited by Youri McAnespie