Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tinpot league

masi 51

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Newport are now asking the league to play the rest of there games away as there pitch cannot hold water and needs relaying Asap

Would mean them coming here again

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Dear Newport 

Get

to

fuck

Regards

I’d rather play them at home than on their farmyard field. And as for the rest of the season I couldn’t give a shit, we’ll get more points than them. 

Very strange that, I would have thought there'd be rules about having to host games, for any league down to sunday league never mind EFL, what if everyone wanted to play away every week?

Also cant believe they cant find a local non league ground they can hire, has to be cheaper than travelling/hotel stays etc and retain a bit of "home" advantage.

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Very strange that, I would have thought there'd be rules about having to host games, for any league down to sunday league never mind EFL, what if everyone wanted to play away every week?

Also cant believe they cant find a local non league ground they can hire, has to be cheaper than travelling/hotel stays etc and retain a bit of "home" advantage.

Because they wouldn’t be able to manage the social distancing I’d expect.

7 hours ago, Ani said:

Surely if they can not fulfill fixtures they need to consult with Doncaster ? 

My position exactly. Until last season I'd always taken a kindly approach to clubs in difficulties thinking "there but for the grace of God ...".

Well, last season it was us, & Bury of course and we watched no-mark clubs with no history jump all over us. No sympathy, no respect, no sense of ethics whatsoever. Peterborough, Lincoln, Doncaster & a good few others willing to chuck us to the wolves for the sake of very short term advantage.

So fck 'em. All of them. If you need a favour go fck yourselves.

Oh, & Newport broke Chungie in a pre-season 'friendly' and never uttered a word of sympathy to him or us ... AND it's a shithole.

This Newport switch doesn’t sit well with me at all. They’re switching it for purely footballing reasons and nothing else. They’ll surely have a massive advantage now playing on a bowling green instead of the usual cabbage patch. The venue should only have changed as an absolute last resort once the pitch was completely unplayable.

11 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

This Newport switch doesn’t sit well with me at all. They’re switching it for purely footballing reasons and nothing else. They’ll surely have a massive advantage now playing on a bowling green instead of the usual cabbage patch. The venue should only have changed as an absolute last resort once the pitch was completely unplayable.

I'd rather play them on a decent pitch to be honest, think it will be a better game to watch and makes us more likely to get a result. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

So would I, but you can guarantee they’ll be back on their midden by then. 

Ah right I get you. Suppose we'll just have to wait and see. Do our bit against Bratfurt on Sat and it shouldn't matter. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The efl will surely want assurances the pitch has improved before they can go back?

Otherwise why permit the temporary shift?

They’ll have hoped the weather has dried up by then and there’s a much lessened risk of postponement. 

That said, Gwent Dragons RU are playing at Newport on March 13th, 21st and 28th so it’s not even as if the pitch is getting a rest while they’re at Cardiff. 

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

They’ll have hoped the weather has dried up by then and there’s a much lessened risk of postponement. 

That said, Gwent Dragons RU are playing at Newport on March 13th, 21st and 28th so it’s not even as if the pitch is getting a rest while they’re at Cardiff. 

Fuck me, didn't know that.

Might as well plant spuds.