Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barcelona

gonzo

• Members

This story is mental

So briefly former Barca President Bartomeu hired a social media company called I3 Ventures to organise a smear campaign against Barcelona legends to discredit them, to further enhance his chances of being re-elected.

He used Barca’s money to pay them six times more than a normal social media company, allegedly.

dunno , either the catalan one or the spanish one .. 

didnt real madrid get some kinda kickback when they were brassic lint where the Gov overpaid for some training ground , then sold it back for buttons once it was all over a few years later ?

summat like that , but for barcelona fc this time. 

if its the 'second best' team in spain , i think theyll bail them out , even if theyre anti-bourbonites (or whatever theyre called). 

letting Rangers work their way back up the leagues wont happen here. 

6 hours ago, tomski said:

I find it hard to believe it was cash he was offering as payment! I dread to think and I hope you said no

Nah was tickets, access to players for interviews, podcasts etc. All very thrilling but swiftly rejected.

3 hours ago, 1969 said:

I'm guessing Mcginlay and the Anderson out campaign 

Yep. Also wanted to fund us setting up and running a Bolton version of Arsenal FanTV.

3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Why? 

To discredit the anti-Ken brigade online

• Members
3 hours ago, e2e4 said:

dunno , either the catalan one or the spanish one .. 

didnt real madrid get some kinda kickback when they were brassic lint where the Gov overpaid for some training ground , then sold it back for buttons once it was all over a few years later ?

summat like that , but for barcelona fc this time. 

if its the 'second best' team in spain , i think theyll bail them out , even if theyre anti-bourbonites (or whatever theyre called). 

letting Rangers work their way back up the leagues wont happen here. 

Real have been bailed out by the Royal Family, on more than one occasion.

Barca aren’t going to go bust, they have enough star players to get off their books if needed, they own their stadium, they could sell the rights to it, they are in the top 3 biggest teams in the world. They are just run very badly. 
Suarez, Griezmann, Dembele, Pique,Coutinho all on 300k a week, the little man on £100m a year. It’s full of sniping execs all wanting the top job. 
The club is a mess.

49 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Nah was tickets, access to players for interviews, podcasts etc. All very thrilling but swiftly rejected.

Yep. Also wanted to fund us setting up and running a Bolton version of Arsenal FanTV.

To discredit the anti-Ken brigade online

He was seen as a legend by a fair few on here. I remember Boothy trying to explain if I understood what a loan was and I was quite the simpleton for not buying into ken haha

51 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Real have been bailed out by the Royal Family, on more than one occasion.

Barca aren’t going to go bust, they have enough star players to get off their books if needed, they own their stadium, they could sell the rights to it, they are in the top 3 biggest teams in the world. They are just run very badly. 
Suarez, Griezmann, Dembele, Pique,Coutinho all on 300k a week, the little man on £100m a year. It’s full of sniping execs all wanting the top job. 
The club is a mess.

Real

Barca

Utd?

Teams, or clubs?

10 minutes ago, tomski said:

He was seen as a legend by a fair few on here. I remember Boothy trying to explain if I understood what a loan was and I was quite the simpleton for not buying into ken haha

Seem to recall LA was off his cake for most of his time here, my meeting with him and his dad was no different

59 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Has Red Roger finally seen the light and done one???

Are you missing me then, I'm looking forward to the local derby tomorrow.It's the battle of the two mill town clubs who shipped in 6 at home to Man United in the 90s.

I think Bolton Diver is correct with his big 3.They are the most  popular and glamorous clubs who must play attacking football at all costs as opposed to the likes of Liverpool who have less fans and  backpassed their way to some European Cups

6 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Are you missing me then, I'm looking forward to the local derby tomorrow.It's the battle of the two mill town clubs who shipped in 6 at home to Man United in the 90s.

I think Bolton Diver is correct with his big 3.They are the most  popular and glamorous clubs who must play attacking football at all costs as opposed to the likes of Liverpool who have less fans and  backpassed their way to some European Cups

Attacking football at all costs? One goal against "big six" this season.  A penalty (never) in 6-1 gubbing by Spurs.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, green genie said:

Attacking football at all costs? One goal against "big six" this season.  A penalty (never) in 6-1 gubbing by Spurs.

0-0 would be a great bet for all united’s games against top 6 opponents because not losing is much more important than winning. 

Utd v City, Liverpool v Utd, Arsenal v Utd, Chelsea v Utd

On 02/03/2021 at 18:54, MickyD said:

0-0 would be a great bet for all united’s games against top 6 opponents because not losing is much more important than winning. 

Lotto numbers please? 

• Members
On 02/03/2021 at 18:54, MickyD said:

City’s last 0-0 was against United in December