Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

We shouldn't be going cap in hand to FIFA like the last embarrassing bid. Fuck em let em come to us and they will when the corruption catches up with them. Probably an emergency one when their latest brown envelope bid goes tits up because we are good at that and have all the infrastructure needed. All politics at minute 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Zico said:

its proper shit how folk have fuck all and still have to pay to get a job. FIFA are cunts 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The government has backed plans to bid for the 2030 World Cup in a collaborative effort by all 4 UK countries together with Republic of Ireland. 

What do we reckon?

sounds rather negative but we are rubbish, weve got too many middle men with their hands out and our transportation is nowhere near as good as other countries and we charge far too much compared to anywhere else.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Rudy said:

We have the stadiums and infrastructure without the other stadiums. 
Wembley, Emirates, Old Trafford, Etihad, White Hart Lane, Anfield 

All have good transport networks, all over 50k

Its not as if we need Hampden or Aviva to do it 

I heard an interview with somebody a year or two ago that said that whilst we do have the stadiums, it's not that simple - as due to how a lot of these grounds are located, they can't full set up a "ring of steel" around them for security purposes. I'm sure he said that ideally you need a set up like Wembley, where you can ticket check and filter people into a secure area that is around the ground, around 200/300 metres before they actually get to the ground, so that those without legit tickets and "rogue traders" don't get anywhere near the turnstiles. At present, grounds like Anfleld, White Hart Lane and St James Park would fall foul and couldn't be used, due to their proximity to housing and other businesses.

Don't know how true that is or isn't, but it did sound plausible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sweep said:

At present, grounds like Anfleld, White Hart Lane and St James Park would fall foul and couldn't be used, due to their proximity to housing and other businesses.

I very much like the idea that Anfield would be inadequate. Especially as Everton's new one probably would (ignoring the proximity to water).

Those requirements look like FIFA would want all new grounds but that's not going to happen.

In a 'British Isles' tournament there'd be a need to spread opportunities around the 5 nations.

Croke Park, if the GAA could allow the English sport there is huge, but surrounded by housing. The same in Cardiff at the Millennium, I doubt Scotland has any though uncertain.

OT and the Etihad may but would they want two in one city ? (London apart)

I recall Milton Keynes, Bristol City & even Plymouth getting over excited previously and talk of new grounds being built for greater geographical spread. Surely pie-in-the-sky moments.

FIFA are so up themselves.

Would there be a demand for a parallel wimminz tournament like the Paralympics do these days ? Just a question.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sweep said:

I heard an interview with somebody a year or two ago that said that whilst we do have the stadiums, it's not that simple - as due to how a lot of these grounds are located, they can't full set up a "ring of steel" around them for security purposes. I'm sure he said that ideally you need a set up like Wembley, where you can ticket check and filter people into a secure area that is around the ground, around 200/300 metres before they actually get to the ground, so that those without legit tickets and "rogue traders" don't get anywhere near the turnstiles. At present, grounds like Anfleld, White Hart Lane and St James Park would fall foul and couldn't be used, due to their proximity to housing and other businesses.

Don't know how true that is or isn't, but it did sound plausible. 

When Spurs built the new WHL it met fifa standards to hold International games, not sure if there is a different criteria for World Cup games. I get what you’re saying. 
The biggest stumbling block why countries don’t get it, other than not bribing enough is transport, and safety around the grounds 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
16 hours ago, little whitt said:

with in 28 days of COVID 

Headline - Immigrant worker falls 60 floors from top of skyscraper. Turns out he had a positive Covid test two weeks ago so this goes down as a Covid death, not a workplace accident.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Max Cherry said:

All politics at minute 

id get Prince William and David Beckham to tell them to fuck off. 

but dress it up like a WWF skit where it looks like theyre accepting only for a rug pull at the last second

" i , Prince William, have the immense pleasure of telling FIFA that the FA told me to tell you to kiss my arse *suplexes michel platini* "

Edited by e2e4
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Zico said:

You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rudy said:

When Spurs built the new WHL it met fifa standards to hold International games, not sure if there is a different criteria for World Cup games. I get what you’re saying. 
The biggest stumbling block why countries don’t get it, other than not bribing enough is transport, and safety around the grounds 

and politics.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.