Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bratfud Away

Steejay

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, captainmed said:

Port Vale are in horrendous form. 

As they were prior to their 3-6 win at UoB. They’d lost 5 straight games and been put out of FACup by Kings Lynn. 

38 minutes ago, Bradford lad said:

Thought I'd come and and say hi, your almost too confident of beating us. We actually have two games in hand over you. Very similar recent form. Considering upto 14 games ago we played shit then suddenly got rid of McCall and now we are as good as anyone.

Always loved my trips to your old ground, never a dull moment on or off the pitch, we always bring a good following regardless to your place as you know. 

We are a lot more confident than we were based on a run of form and more recently performances that have seen us move up the league. Lived in Bradford for many years and only in Yeadon now so know many BCFC fans, most of whom are fine. Also given your run of form you will find most of the people on here acknowledge this is the toughest game we have had for a while. If you want to discuss the game as per this post you will get decent and mixed views on here, just landing with a 'you are shit post' was not the best start . 

I think it’ll be a cracking game at Bradford and will be a true test for us but I believe we are just much better than any other team in L2 and I expect that to be proved on Saturday when we win our 7th in a row. I’d consider a draw 2 dropped points and a loss I can’t even contemplate. I’m not trying to be cocky about it I just believe that we now have quality players in the side who are far too good for this level. I’d love to see Bradford go up too though because like us they are too big a club to be at this level.

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

I think it’ll be a cracking game at Bradford and will be a true test for us but I believe we are just much better than any other team in L2 and I expect that to be proved on Saturday when we win our 7th in a row. I’d consider a draw 2 dropped points and a loss I can’t even contemplate. I’m not trying to be cocky about it I just believe that we now have quality players in the side who are far too good for this level. I’d love to see Bradford go up too though because like us they are too big a club to be at this level.

My view is that the game will be tight, rather than cracking.  I don't think there are 2 teams in L2 capable of dishing up an entertaining spectacle tbh, including us.  I've not watched every away game, but we're in March now and I've not seen a game yet that I would say I would have enjoyed as a neutral.  Just not enough efforts on goal, not enough goalmouth action, an inability to shoot from any distance and a lack of pace and skill (Dapo is improving this it has to be said).

I really don't care if its an insipid borefest, as long as we win and get nearer to getting out of this awful league.

PS 5 weeks ago, pre-Orient, we were 7 clear of Grimsby; Bradford were 5 points off bottom, so its great to be discussing a 6 pointer at this end of the table, it could have been very different.

38 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Where were you when Jamie Proctor was playing? 😃 He definitely wins the prize for me.

Hmmm.  It's not a bad shout.

... but having spent a full half-time open-mouthed watching Donaldson having a kickabout with, I think, Senior and Oztumer, Donaldson genuinely looked like a fan who'd won a prize to have a half-time kickabout on the pitch with two of our players.

There was also a game at home where he tried two or three times to trap the ball in the area, but it was like watching a dog trying to control a bouncy ball.  He gave it up and dived on the ball, attempting to trap it with his stomach.

Oh, and the volley that went out for a throw-in.

Proctor was shit, but not as shit as Donaldson.

Ha ha, great memories! (not).

Statistically Donaldson is miles ahead of Proctor, scored just short of 200 goals, Proctor not got 50 yet although obviously got a few years on him.  

I must admit, without the Wilbrahimovich moment I would have put Aaron up there with worst ever, couldn't trap a bag of cement for 6 months for us, and unlike the others he was picked to start championship games.  Heart sank whenever I saw his name in the starting line up (little did I know at the time).

3 hours ago, DazBob said:

Really, really hoping that stump starts the game.

In terms of technical ability he's by far the worst striker I've ever seen play for BWFC.

Too young to see Ian Moores then ?

Gregor Rasiak was poor, but Premiership poor so a different level. 

Sordell, one day we may find what that was all about.

Remember the big Portuguese lump Ariza Makakula ?

All awful, but not on the scale of Ian Moores.

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Too young to see Ian Moores then ?

Gregor Rasiak was poor, but Premiership poor so a different level. 

Sordell, one day we may find what that was all about.

Remember the big Portuguese lump Ariza Makakula ?

All awful, but not on the scale of Ian Moores.

i will never forget the leeds miss

• Moderators
7 hours ago, LeggyMountbatten said:

Scott Sellars' lad manages Bradford - just to make everyone feel old.

Was watching SSN last night, seeing Rooney interviewed as a manager made me feel dead old, doesn't seem long ago he was scoring his first goal v Arsenal and tearing Campo a new one when he was 16

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Hmmm.  It's not a bad shout.

... but having spent a full half-time open-mouthed watching Donaldson having a kickabout with Oztumer, Donaldson genuinely looked like a fan who'd won a prize to have a half-time kickabout on the pitch with the mascot.

4 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Bradfords run comes to a shuddering end this Saturday MrG and unlike you I don’t wish them the slightest bit of luck. They won’t wish us any either and that’s how it should be. 

Correct it’s all getting a tad gay 

3 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

No, Bradford are well at home in the bottom division.

4 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Where were you when Jamie Proctor was playing? 😃 He definitely wins the prize for me.

Are you kidding? Donaldson is the worst player I’ve ever see play for Bolton. Quite the honour

2 minutes ago, tomski said:

Are you kidding? Donaldson is the worst player I’ve ever see play for Bolton. Quite the honour

I'm still saying Proctor, at least Donaldson was on the way down age-wise like Wilbraham and Heskey the other that were way out of their depth by the time they came to us.  Proctor was about 25, playing in a team that would win promotion and not only never looked like scoring in about 20 appearances, he looked like his limbs didn't know where they were heading when he ran, and the ball seemed to be an irrelevance.

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Sorry Zat Knight takes the crown . Should have been a bloody traffic warden the amount of pointing he did .

Also a head like a threepenny bit.

Absolute fuckin bobbins .

Stole a bloody living 

59 minutes ago, embankment said:

Sorry Zat Knight takes the crown . Should have been a bloody traffic warden the amount of pointing he did .

Also a head like a threepenny bit.

Absolute fuckin bobbins .

Stole a bloody living 

Can't disagree with that.  To think he spent most of his career in the Prem and Santos was in the national league last season and div 4 this season.

39 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Cracking atmosphere at Bradford last time, was that just because we were there with Parkinson?

Great away day too, good pubs and not too far out the city centre.

I’d forgotten that I’d even gone to that game up until just now. Ended up about 4 rows and 20 seats away from where my seat was when Madine headed in that equaliser. 

Where’s that video of them 2 Bradford vloggers going from jubilation to despair in 2 seconds flat? 

1 hour ago, matty2094 said:

I’d forgotten that I’d even gone to that game up until just now. Ended up about 4 rows and 20 seats away from where my seat was when Madine headed in that equaliser. 

Where’s that video of them 2 Bradford vloggers going from jubilation to despair in 2 seconds flat? 

• The topic was pinned
19 hours ago, DazBob said:

Really, really hoping that stump starts the game.

In terms of technical ability he's by far the worst striker I've ever seen play for BWFC.

Hi mate 

He's past it and has been for over a year, he'll make his 15 minute appearance if he's lucky