Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bratfud Away

Steejay

21 hours ago, Bradford lad said:

No mate, all our fans think it will be a draw

I think Bolton's new owners paid for one of the promotion spots in the January transfer window.

In summer they were hoping the expensive Doyle and Sarcevic plus 9 cheaper ones would be enough for promotion but results were obviously poor so they had to pay for better players in January.They now have the most talented and highly paid team in the division and I expect the money to do the talking at Valley Parade on Saturday as it usually does in football.

1 minute ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I think Bolton's new owners paid for one of the promotion spots in the January transfer window.

In summer they were hoping the expensive Doyle and Sarcevic plus 9 cheaper ones would be enough for promotion but results were obviously poor so they had to pay for better players in January.They now have the most talented and highly paid team in the division and I expect the money to do the talking at Valley Parade on Saturday as it usually does in football.

Thats setting aside the fact that we are the team in this division under a transfer embargo and that all teams in this division operate under the same fixed salary cap 

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Brilliant this what a pair of muppets

The microphone holding version of Full Kit Wankers.

What on God's Earth possesses them to kit up & go into the stands with loads of equipment & film themselves over-reacting to things ?

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

33 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Thats setting aside the fact that we are the team in this division under a transfer embargo and that all teams in this division operate under the same fixed salary cap 

which doesn't mean every team pays the same wages.I don't think Mr Evatt would have left Barrow if the 2 clubs had to pay the same wages

58 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

You keep talking it up but you lot should know not to take anything for granted. Like city you are in the bottom divison so it can only get better. 

At least we had a trip to the league cup final and lost to Millwall in the play final for promotion to the Championship.  Unfortunately one of the two German wankers who bought us out fucked our club up, thank God he's gone now and we are move moving forward both on and off the pitch 

2 hours ago, Morizio said:

Bradford City 2 Bolton Wanderers 4, September 1996

Nixon is a wanker.

We could have scored 10 that day.

Bolton 1 Bradford City 2 

September 2020 was better

Doyle, now he is what you call a wanker and 200% Bradford reject 

Happy we have x2 better than him now .... enjoy!

15 minutes ago, Bradford lad said:

You keep talking it up but you lot should know not to take anything for granted. Like city you are in the bottom divison so it can only get better. 

At least we had a trip to the league cup final and lost to Millwall in the play final for promotion to the Championship.  Unfortunately one of the two German wankers who bought us out fucked our club up, thank God he's gone now and we are move moving forward both on and off the pitch 

I just think it's all about the money especially at this level.The other time Bolton were in the 4th Div, Wolves were the divisions big spenders paying a fee other clubs could only dream of for Steve Bull.They won the league and Bolton finished 3rd.Wolves actually lost at Burnden Park so nothing is guaranteed but im going with the money on Saturday.

19 minutes ago, Bradford lad said:

He's a Man Utd fan

Just tell him Bradford could take Eccles whilst Leeds couldn't 

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

which doesn't mean every team pays the same wages.I don't think Mr Evatt would have left Barrow if the 2 clubs had to pay the same wages

I think Mr Evatt left Barrow to fulfil a personal ambition and to take up an opportunity -  nothing to do with wages paid to respective players at each club 

Just on the salary cap though ,  in league 2 its £1.5 million a year to cover all payments to players and agents

That means that if you had 3 clubs A B & C and each had a squad of 25 and A paid on average £45k per player per year , B paid £50k per annum per player and C paid £55k per player per year you would have differences in wage bills of A paying £1,125k per annum B paying £1250k and C paying £1375k then add on Employers NICS, you are talking of small differences and relatively fine margins in the great scheme of things - and certainly not enough to "Buy" a League 

And If Bolton are as a club paying well over the odds in wages to one or two so be it - but that means others in the squad are earning well below the average to enable them to operate inside the limit. 

All other league 2 clubs have the opportunity to do likewise 

Ultimately its down to the Individual club owners and Managers to make it work for them - they all know the parameters in which they could pay wages whilst the wage cap was operating 

Now compare that with the premier League and look at the successful clubs - such as your Manchester City and Liverpool -they are paying out 6 -7 times more per annum on wages than the likes of Burnley and Sheffield United - thats where money talks  and where it can buy success

Edited by Benny The Ball

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

League game, on a Tuesday night, side stand, metal roof, pissed it down the whole game, cracking match, I bet there wasn't 500 of us on that night.

Bolton had the Midland Road stand, then also known as the chicken run. A small terraced area running the length of the pitch ... it was sold out!

I know this as I paid to get into the Kop, Bradford's main end. Suffice to say there was a lot of Bolton in there too, as everytime there was a goal more & more of us were put in a Police cordon at the bottom corner next to the Midland Road stand. Despite the Police cordon, every goal & sending off resulted in fists & feet flying, lads started jumping over from the Midland Road stand into the Kop & the numbers swelled. 

A very eventful evening spent watching your back as much as the pitch.

1 minute ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Bolton had the Midland Road stand, then also known as the chicken run. A small terraced area running the length of the pitch ... it was sold out!

I know this as I paid to get into the Kop, Bradford's main end. Suffice to say there was a lot of Bolton in there too, as everytime there was a goal more & more of us were put in a Police cordon at the bottom corner next to the Midland Road stand. Despite the Police cordon, every goal & sending off resulted in fists & feet flying, lads started jumping over from the Midland Road stand into the Kop & the numbers swelled. 

A very eventful evening spent watching your back as much as the pitch.

was in that stand down the side when we lost 2-1 back in 93, loads of bolton in the main stand too 

Back in the mists of time my first visit to Valley Parade was eventful. 

Four of us in a car decided to have a pre-match bevy in a quiet pub , somewhere out of town .We were befriended by an over friendly local.

Several pints later I noticed the 'local' had disappeared. Ok says I 'time to supp up" .Let's have another was the consensus. I replied that if it was my motor we would already be on the road.

When we were crossing the car park a mob of twenty were coming over the hill .We escaped but the car got pummeled with rocks.

The match itself we got offered seats (in the stand that later burned down) by a tout. Two of us took up the offer .The other two ended up in a very narrow paddock & spent the whole 90 minutes dodging punches & missiles & then Yorkshires finest decided to eject them.Two of us had a great view from the stand above.

Think it finished 1-1.

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

League game, on a Tuesday night, side stand, metal roof, pissed it down the whole game, cracking match, I bet there wasn't 500 of us on that night.

I went to that did Darby score and get sent off or summat can’t remember .