Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bratfud Away

Steejay

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I'll take a dodgy sending off & a couple of penalties TO us. Preferably in the first 20 minutes. 

Me too, just don't want another Tranmere away scenario, because I think that's the only way we'd lose realistically.

And being greedy, if we were to choose a way to win, it would be against 11 men unlike the Oldham game, to send a proper message to others as well as BW fans.

On 05/03/2021 at 03:37, BWFC_LOVE said:

Remember watching this live on Sky on a family holiday in Turkey. First time watching back since and we scored two great goals here. Some good football too.
Plus some shocking defending from Gudni, which you wouldn’t find when he was late thirties.

A season before my time but I watched the 100 goals VHS from that season a lot. You can see Bolton everywhere around the ground when we score in that 4-2. 
Similarly at Maine Road when we clinched the league that season. 

Thanks for posting that, been searching for that Blake header in the past, as it's probably my favourite Blake goal for Bolton. One of the best crosses and headers you'll ever see. 

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

Thanks for posting that, been searching for that Blake header in the past, as it's probably my favourite Blake goal for Bolton. One of the best crosses and headers you'll ever see. 

When you see some of the videos of Blake, he really did have everything. Pace, power, lethal left foot, decent header of the ball. If he had a higher work ethic, he could have been a real top level striker.

I’d kill for us to have someone like him in this team

I was a bit apprehensive about this game earlier in the week, thinking I’d be happy with a draw, well I guess I would but there’s absolutely no reason why we won’t win it.

sure, they’re on a good run but so are we.

if we play our natural game that IE has drilled into them, pass it about, close down, work, create using skill n flair,  then I’ll be happy whatever the result, but it’ll more than likely be a deserved away win.

It really is “one game at a time” now til the end if the season, let’s hope we can keep our good run going.

We are a cracking team, i wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if we stayed unbeaten til May.

3 minutes ago, captainmed said:

5 points from the next 3 games would be fine.

Anything above that is a bonus.

Draw today and on Tuesday, and win @ Port Vale.

1-1.

Feeling quitely confident so I'm going with a 2.0 win to the Bantams.

Although you've won six games in a row which is impressive I've noted these have all been against teams in the bottom half of the table.

Bradford will be alot tougher test plus we have won five in a row with one defeat in our last  fourteen games. Beating Tranmere and Cheltenham away plus drawing at Cambridge in this run shows we can and do beat anyone when we are playing at our best.

12 minutes ago, Bradford lad said:

Although you've won six games in a row which is impressive I've noted these have all been against teams in the bottom half of the table.

Bradford will be alot tougher test plus we have won five in a row with one defeat in our last  fourteen games. Beating Tranmere and Cheltenham away plus drawing at Cambridge in this run shows we can and do beat anyone when we are playing at our best.

You may be right.

We have yet to play well for a full game and not beaten much in our winning run.

Let’s wait and see anyway.

May the best team win.

What I’d give to be getting ready to jump on a train up to Bradford with thousands of whites today, there’d surely be 18-20k on for this one?

Like most people have said, this feels like the real test and if we win then I’m certain we’ll go on and get promoted - I’d take a draw now though.

Looking at the stats, there’s nothing to choose between us.

Both teams are obviously on really good winning runs (Bolton 6 and Bradford 5).

Bradford have 25 points from 15 games at home this season and we have exactly the same away.

In Bradford’s last 10 home games they’ve had 6 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses - the same record as our last 10 away games.

It’s all set up to be a good game, I just hope we do ourselves justice and play somewhere near our best.

29 minutes ago, Bradford lad said:

Not forgetting that we’ve won at Cheltenham drawn at Exeter & Cambridge all before our team has started to click

should be a good game 

20 minutes ago, Eddie said:

What I’d give to be getting ready to jump on a train up to Bradford with thousands of whites today, there’d surely be 18-20k on for this one?

At tuppence a season ticket for the home fans and a nailed on sell out for us, I’d reckon it would easily be nearer the 25k mark. This was a game I was very much looking forward to when all the talk was about fans being back in grounds by March and had even sorted a ticket in the home end just in case. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, captainmed said:

5 points from the next 3 games would be fine.

Anything above that is a bonus.

Draw today and on Tuesday, and win @ Port Vale.

1-1.

We should be in the Red Rooster by now or whatever it was called.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, hughmungus said:

Sadly back to reality, and a bucket full of Evatt blaming negative fans etc………

Sadly, Humungous is back trying to pretend he’s a Bolton fan. Fuck off back to Wigan, you have a lot more to worry about over there.

29 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

At tuppence a season ticket for the home fans and a nailed on sell out for us, I’d reckon it would easily be nearer the 25k mark. This was a game I was very much looking forward to when all the talk was about fans being back in grounds by March and had even sorted a ticket in the home end just in case. 

Quite a few Bolton fans seem to be almost jealous of our cheap tickets, a few years ago we had 20,000 tickets sold, they could be a fiver but if your crap no one will buy them regardless. Considering we've been shit for years and in particular the last three it's amazing we sold more than you guys plus ads Covid to the mix then go it ain't too bad is it!!

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Bradford lad said:

Quite a few Bolton fans seem to be almost jealous of our cheap tickets, a few years ago we had 20,000 tickets sold, they could be a fiver but if your crap no one will buy them regardless. Considering we've been shit for years and in particular the last three it's amazing we sold more than you guys plus ads Covid to the mix then go it ain't too bad is it!!

So you’re proud of the fact that more folk in Bradford buy a ST for £125 than in Bolton for (starting price) more than double that?

Besides, Bolton is surrounded by other clubs, many in the top five or six in the country. You have Leeds and now Harrogate as competition for your support. 

I don’t actually know how many tickets Bolton have sold but I bet the number isn’t massively short of  your 9,032.

3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

So you’re proud of the fact that more folk in Bradford buy a ST for £125 than in Bolton for (starting price) more than double that?

Besides, Bolton is surrounded by other clubs, many in the top five or six in the country. You have Leeds and now Harrogate as competition for your support. 

I don’t actually know how many tickets Bolton have sold but I bet the number isn’t massively short of  your 9,032.

I think our season ticket sales were reported as approx 10k ??

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

I think our season ticket sales were reported as approx 10k ??

So the Bradford Bullshitter is bullshitting?

25 minutes ago, Bradford lad said:

Considering we've been shit for years and in particular the last three it's amazing we sold more than you guys 

25 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Sadly, Humungous is back trying to pretend he’s a Bolton fan. Fuck off back to Wigan, you have a lot more to worry about over there.

Lots of Bolton fans living over here in Wigan Micky, it makes their plight even sweeter somehow. I love taking my dog for a walk in Haigh with my BWFC bob hat on, especially after we've won and they've lost, it winds them up no end.