Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bratfud Away

Steejay

7 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

Me too, biggest test of the season so far. I think we’ll have a better idea if we are the real deal after today..

Feeling more confident about our chances today, have a feeling Bradford will score first and we'll come from behind to win. Here's hoping anyway.

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

So you’re proud of the fact that more folk in Bradford buy a ST for £125 than in Bolton for (starting price) more than double that?

Besides, Bolton is surrounded by other clubs, many in the top five or six in the country. You have Leeds and now Harrogate as competition for your support. 

I don’t actually know how many tickets Bolton have sold but I bet the number isn’t massively short of  your 9,032.

Feel better, you average 14 - 15,000 for the past five years in Div 1 and the Championship. We actually averaged 20,000 a few years ago and if in championship with our pulling power would average 25,000 

4 minutes ago, Bradford lad said:

Feel better, you average 14 - 15,000 for the past five years in Div 1 and the Championship. We actually averaged 20,000 a few years ago and if in championship with our pulling power would average 25,000 

Isn’t bradford more than double than bolton population wise?

5 minutes ago, Bradford lad said:

Bradford population ~500k

Bolton population ~200k

Yorkshire population - 5.3m

Lancashire population 1.5m

Teams around Bradford - Huddersfield, Leeds

Teams around Bolton - Man Utd, Man City

Congrats on getting a few thousand more fans to your ground by offering 5 quid tickets 😂

1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Isn’t bradford more than double than bolton population wise?

Haha, 🤣🤣🤣

Your massive remember with pulling power from all over Lancashire from Wigan to Oldham, etc' ... plus all those plastic ex Bury fans too!!

1 minute ago, Mantra said:

Bradford population ~500k

Bolton population ~200k

Yorkshire population - 5.3m

Lancashire population 1.5m

Teams around Bradford - Huddersfield, Leeds

Teams around Bolton - Man Utd, Man City

Congrats on getting a few thousand more fans to your ground by offering 5 quid tickets 😂

Your welcome, as you keep getting yourselves into finacial trouble etc maybe you could open up a new Bolton branch for us. 

I was in the Aireborough Branch years ago which is made up of Guiseley, Yeadon and Rawdon - all in Leeds, didnt stop us running coaches to away games and having monthly meetings 

3 minutes ago, Bradford lad said:

Haha, 🤣🤣🤣

Your massive remember with pulling power from all over Lancashire from Wigan to Oldham, etc' ... plus all those plastic ex Bury fans too!!

See the post from Mantra

Be interesting to see how many tickets you would sell at 400 a pop

But crack on fella 

22 minutes ago, Bradford lad said:

20k from a city with 500k      shambolic

Discussions about fan sizes are so dull. It's usually from teams that have been shit too because there is nothing else to be shout about.

Bournemouth were in the PL and spending 60M on a player with 12K on - might have been even less than that actually.

Our huge fan base didn't stop us from being the most abject club to support over the past 10 years did it?

Edited by jmjhb

Wish i was there now - in a pub deep into Bandit country, 4th pint sliding down nicely, someone starts a bit of a sing song.

Nodding and chatting to Wanderers fans you've either known for a long time or you recognise  from previous away games.

If you don't overdo the ale, the anticipation starts from about 2pm.

Get to the ground for 2.30 ish for a quick pint, sink that in 15 mins, make your way to your seat and the away end is already in fine voice.

COYWM.

I miss going to aways like this

6 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

When you see some of the videos of Blake, he really did have everything. Pace, power, lethal left foot, decent header of the ball. If he had a higher work ethic, he could have been a real top level striker.

I’d kill for us to have someone like him in this team

Yeah what a player he was for us, that header at Bradford was typical, emphatic.  His goals stayed in the back of the net, none of his finishes gave the keeper a chance, it was all or nothing.

5 hours ago, captainmed said:

5 points from the next 3 games would be fine.

Anything above that is a bonus.

Draw today and on Tuesday, and win @ Port Vale.

1-1.

I wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw today, but I'd be a bit gutted if we drop 4 points in the next 2 games, the top 3 and Tranmere would probably be getting too far away from us, it would feel like we'd settled for aiming for the play offs.  4 points minimum to keep challenging for automatic.