Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bratfud Away

Steejay

1 minute ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

So what; he has missed three times as many easy chances plus Miller would have scored more

I like Miller but I'm not sure anyone can claim that. He's only ever reached double figures over the course of a season twice.

Coming on for the last fifteen minutes and taking opportunities when the play is more stretched is much easier than what Doyle's being asked to do.

1 minute ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

So what; he has missed three times as many easy chances plus Miller would have scored more

Miller would have scored more?? Based on what a couple of goals off bench?Cheese is right you are a madman! We need to get better delivery to Doyle but his return is pretty decent anyway. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Unless you have access to a Parallel Universe in which Miller has played as many games as Doyle, you're talking utter shite. And in that Parallel Universe, you'd probably be slating Miller.

Just now, Max Cherry said:

Miller would have scored more?? Based on what a couple of goals off bench?Cheese is right you are a madman! We need to get better delivery to Doyle but his return is pretty decent anyway. 

Did you see that header today or the one he balloned over the top first half? He is not doing it at the moment and needs resting

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Unless you have access to a Parallel Universe in which Miller has played as many games as Doyle, you're talking utter shite. And in that Parallel Universe, you'd probably be slating Miller.

So be honest do you think Doyle has played well over this winning run?

2 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Did you see that header today or the one he balloned over the top first half? He is not doing it at the moment and needs resting

Yes it was a poor header but next chance hes scored. Did u see Oldham game or is all credit going to Dapo?. and dint say it was a gimme he was in right place to tuck it away

3 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Yes it was a poor header but next chance hes scored. Did u see Oldham game or is all credit going to Dapo?. and dint say it was a gimme he was in right place to tuck it away

Its all about opinion; he took the goal well against Oldham but the rest of the game he did nothing. Maybe resting him for a game will get him fired up again

4 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

My unbiased opinion, because I've got no opinion on who plays between him and Miller, is that he's not playing very well at the moment.  He looks a bit jaded to me, doesn't seem to have a spring in his step.  I wouldn't have a problem with him being on the bench for a game or 2.  That doesn't mean I think he's crap or that Miller is the new Aguero, I just don't think we'd be weakened a lot by mixing it up a bit.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Yes. But it doesn't matter what either of us think. You can keep pretending Miller would be bagging for fun in your Parallel Universe, but we're stuck in this one. Where Doyle is our highest scoring player for 2 decades.

Thought we played pretty well, dominated the game and should've won.

Bit gutted with their late equaliser but probably would've took a draw before kick off. Definitely think there's more to come from us and can see us going on another nice winning streak.

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Yes. But it doesn't matter what either of us think. You can keep pretending Miller would be bagging for fun in your Parallel Universe, but we're stuck in this one. Where Doyle is our highest scoring player for 2 decades.

The trouble is with you is that you dont see anything wrong and you are too optimistic; hopefully when the cinemas reopen you will be spending all your time back there and letting people have their opinions. Prick

• Site Supporter

The trouble is with you is that you dont see anything wrong and you are too optimistic; hopefully when the cinemas reopen you will be spending all your time back there and letting people have their opinions. Prick

tumblr_mtjckgab4G1qb05aco1_250.gifv

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

There shouldn't be an inquest into todays game, I think that's 10 unbeaten including 7 wins, 10 games ago i would have snatched your hands off.

Unbeaten run continues and on to Tuesday, plenty to play for, gotta be more clinical to match our dominance, 1 goal isn't always going to be enough.

76 + points maybe enough this season, this league is condensed and every fucker in the top 8 all have to play each other.

8 or 9 wins out of 13 maybe enough.

FGR v morecambe Tuesday

yes you could be right 76 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

There shouldn't be an inquest into todays game, I think that's 10 unbeaten including 7 wins, 10 games ago i would have snatched your hands off.

Unbeaten run continues and on to Tuesday, plenty to play for, gotta be more clinical to match our dominance, 1 goal isn't always going to be enough.

76 + points maybe enough this season, this league is condensed and every fucker in the top 8 all have to play each other.

8 or 9 wins out of 13 maybe enough.

Look at the points the bottom 6 have got. It's more than usual because they've been taking points off higher placed team.

If we win 8 and draw 3, that will be enough

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

By that token then, should Darcy not be in as he might be better than Sarc?

There's a reason Miller isn't ahead of Doyle, just like a reason why Darcy isn't in (and I rate him).

For me, Doyle has his head up and uses the ball far better than he gets credit for when he drops deep.

There has been and still is an issue with our final ball, but there is also an issue with some of the support strikers not getting themselves more goals.

However, we are unbeaten in a good while, and winning plenty, which is what we all want.

• Site Supporter

Well at least you have a sense of humour 🙃

You clearly don't. Calling a fellow fan a "prick" because he thinks our highest scoring player for 20 years is doing ok? Give your head a wobble.

Edited by Cheese