Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

Lets not get greedy. 

We won't keep winning......  

I'll gladly take a draw here if we win the next two, which i think we can.   

Port Vale are in horrendous form. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you ask him nicely he'll invite you aboard to lick the windows. 

It’s a point we would’ve taken prior to the game.  Absolutely delighted with the performance, some passages in that second half.    a lot to be happy with.     

There shouldn't be an inquest into todays game, I think that's 10 unbeaten including 7 wins, 10 games ago i would have snatched your hands off. Unbeaten run continues and on to Tuesday, plenty to

5 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Lets not get greedy. 

We won't keep winning......  

I'll gladly take a draw here if we win the next two, which i think we can.   

Port Vale are in horrendous form. 

Spot on

beating Cambridge on Tuesday will send a real message to the rest of the league 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We're falling into the trap of over estimating these sides just because they've put a few wins together.  In the last week some on here thought draws against Scunthorpe and Oldham would be OK results.  Bratfud will be workmanlike, slow and not very good at shootin like all the other teams.  Nothing on these highlights to suggest there's anything to be worried about.  If I was them I'd be settling for a point, so we shouldn't be, because then its no longer in our hands to stay above them.  And not even got 15k of their fans urging them on, don't treat it as an away game.

https://www.skysports.com/football/bradford-vs-mansfield/report/430642

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think we may have 6 players from the squad last time we played these in the squad for sat. 2 of which will probably be on the bench. (Santos, Baptiste, Sarce, Fonz, Tutte, Arthur)

They have changed quite a bit too, started with Donaldson and Clarke up front when we played. 

There's potential for a more open game to suit us after grinding out results against teams sitting in. 

Small factors like being able to take it easy and rest a few last night hopefully helps too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, captainmed said:

Lets not get greedy. 

We won't keep winning......  

I'll gladly take a draw here if we win the next two, which i think we can.   

Port Vale are in horrendous form. 

They were last time we played them, look how that turned out.

However I dont expect a repeat of that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a game that I think both sides don't want to lose, in order to keep unbeaten runs going - so I think we'll get a draw, which won't be the end of the world. If we do win though, then that really would send a message to everybody else and I think we'll be sat in the automatic places before the end of the month

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Also that we haven’t beaten anyone of note in our recent run 

They beat Cheltenham away (as did we when we were SHIT) and Morecambe at home. Orient, Mansfield and Walsall were their other 3 wins. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

They beat Cheltenham away (as did we when we were SHIT) and Morecambe at home. Orient, Mansfield and Walsall were their other 3 wins. 

Think they’re getting a little giddy

same when we played them in the promotion season 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on a H&S course currently, and just been shown the ubiquitous Bradford fire video.

We played them earlier that season and my Dad took me, I was 10 and remember watching through the gaps in wooden sleepers the women underneath the stand making brews etc.

I thought that stand was where the away fans seats were, certainly that's where my Dad took me? But not sure there there any Lincoln fans killed? Anybody know?

Also forgotten that Felgate and JT playing for Lincoln that day too. Bad shit.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

still need others to drop points with their games in hand.

can't change the past , but if gilks was put in goal 5 games earlier?

hope for any win

Think you lot are full of shit.... bradford win 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bradford lad said:

Think you lot are full of shit.... bradford win 

😂 Fair play to you coming here just to write that. I'm sure if you do win you'll have plenty more to say but if you lose we'll never hear another word.

May the best team win 👀

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

I'm on a H&S course currently, and just been shown the ubiquitous Bradford fire video.

We played them earlier that season and my Dad took me, I was 10 and remember watching through the gaps in wooden sleepers the women underneath the stand making brews etc.

I thought that stand was where the away fans seats were, certainly that's where my Dad took me? But not sure there there any Lincoln fans killed? Anybody know?

Also forgotten that Felgate and JT playing for Lincoln that day too. Bad shit.

 

Very sobering.  We played them the bank holiday Monday before and they brought about 3k, celebrating impending promotion.  Law of averages says a few of the fans at Burnden just 5 days earlier would have died in the fire, it certainly made it even more real to me at the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Bradford lad said:

Think you lot are full of shit.... bradford win 

Bet you wish you had not posted that just after a post about the fire. 
 

Bradford play a similar system to us 4-2-3-1. Although v Mansfield did not majority of possession they did not allow a single shot on target. Nigel will say Mansfield were unlucky. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I'd come and and say hi, your almost too confident of beating us. We actually have two games in hand over you. Very similar recent form. Considering upto 14 games ago we played shit then suddenly got rid of McCall and now we are as good as anyone.

Always loved my trips to your old ground, never a dull moment on or off the pitch, we always bring a good following regardless to your place as you know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Bradford lad said:

No mate, all our fans think it will be a draw

Which, thinking about it, suggests the higher level of confidence on this side of the pennines might be justified.

For what its worth, I reckon all 3 results are perfectly plausible- none would be a surprise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bradford lad said:

Thought I'd come and and say hi, your almost too confident of beating us. We actually have two games in hand over you. Very similar recent form. Considering upto 14 games ago we played shit then suddenly got rid of McCall and now we are as good as anyone.

Always loved my trips to your old ground, never a dull moment on or off the pitch, we always bring a good following regardless to your place as you know. 

First time I've known a Bradford fan refer to him as anything other than "Stuart".

Edited by DazBob
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Casino pinned this topic
  • Casino unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.