Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Old school sweets

bolton_blondie

A constant in the drivers door pocket are Sports Mixtures (or Aldi’s decent version), sherbet lemons and pear drops

Managed to get some ‘Army and Navy Tablets’ a few years ago from a retro sweet shop somewhere on my travels. Oh my!!!!!!

Mrs Manc goes mental if we have a day out in places like Llandudno, Howarth, Keswick, etc. I load up the car with retro sweets and local cheese

• Members
39 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Coltsfoot rock,Black Jacks, Penny Hobo's,Flying Saucers,Liquorice Allsorts,Love Hearts,Refreshers,Parma Violets,Swizzles,Fruit Gums,Fruit Pastilles,Bon Bons, Drumsticks,Opal Fruits,Pear Drops,Rhubarb & Custards.

Parma violets are rank. Like sucking on airfreshener

• Members
Just now, Burndens Bogs said:

I’m showing my age here, but anyone remember those things that looked like a twig? Tasted okish when you first started chewing ,it was liquorice  flavoured and after about an hour of chewing it became soggy and tasteless. Fuckin rank.

Yeah they sold them in the chemist? I stole a whistle lolly from the chemist once. Was only about 4. My mum marched me back to pay 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I’m showing my age here, but anyone remember those things that looked like a twig? Tasted okish when you first started chewing ,it was liquorice  flavoured and after about an hour of chewing it became soggy and tasteless. Fuckin rank.

Liquorish root

53 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

There used to be some sweets called Tics, they came in a tin, tiny black liquorice things - fuckin horrible they were.

Bought a tin from the chemist last week.

They now have a plastic internal cover with a tic tac style flap in one corner