Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Washing Machines.

leigh white

• Site Supporter

Coloureds lumped in together, whites lumped in together. Some powder or a pod along with conditioner and set on a one hour wash as 60 deg.

Balls to different materials having different wash times and temps.

Er, so my wife says.

Mine had a mind of its own.

There was a 'Rapid 15' cycle that was as good as its word when new and perfect for doing sportswear (used for sport I might add).

Now it just arbitrarily decides how long it wants to take, irrespective of load.

I'm a tramp in regard to my tumble dryer...

I brought it in from a nearby backstreet - it was there with an old washing machine that had also been put out for the scrap man. I thought it unlikely both could've broke irreparably at once and the tumbler was brand new looking top range Hoover condenser so I took a chance.

I wheeled it to mine on a dolly under cover of darkness 😀.

The element, motor etc. worked fine but the drum clunked every rotation.

Anyhow I looked it up, it was one of those 'fire-risk' models, so I logged it in for a free modification.

The bloke who came out to do it said "Oh, one if the cams was cracked too - so I replaced that too..."

I feigned ignorance but thanked him then danced a merry jig when I closed the door.

Worked perfectly, and has done since I skanked it off the street two years ago.

All thanks to a throwaway society. 😀

Edited by Youri McAnespie

1 minute ago, DazBob said:

Washing machines have a tendency to be shit for most of their lifetime, but have a spell of about 6 weeks where they work well which fools a a lot of people into thinking that they're brilliant.

Can you not apply that to wives/girlfriends as well though mate?

• Members
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Coloureds lumped in together, whites lumped in together. Some powder or a pod along with conditioner and set on a one hour wash as 60 deg.

Balls to different materials having different wash times and temps.

Er, so my wife says.

Your Mrs says the same as me 👍 if his expensive clothes get ruined he can do his own washing, or take it to his Mams. I'm not arsed. 

Anyway, unless the clothes are new, I just whack anything that's light coloured all in together and anything that's dark in together.  Anything that's red (not that there is in my clothing) goes in with the darks.  Piece of piss.