Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Budget

fatty

I’m no expert but Sunak spending money to encourage business, growth and increase tax takings and thus try to reduce our debt, while all starmer could say is need more money for social care & NHS, you can’t spend more money if you don’t fix business and grow the economy. Seems like Labour never learn. 

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m no expert but Sunak spending money to encourage business, growth and increase tax takings and thus try to reduce our debt, while all starmer could say is need more money for social care & NHS, you can’t spend more money if you don’t fix business and grow the economy. Seems like Labour never learn. 

Agreed, but then Labour have always, always been the same - yet some people will always choose to blindly vote for them

If anything, I'd take money away from the NHS, and start selling bits of it off, that would help reduce the debt a bit quicker

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They can’t learn.

7 minutes ago, royal white said:

There’s a few on social media complaining about NMW not going up enough.  

What do the good people of WW think NMW should be? 

Not sure I’m “good people”, but I don’t think there should be a NMW.

18 minutes ago, royal white said:

Ideal world it should be higher than it is but that means consumers paying more. 

if it was more would It get lazy work shy cunts out the house and into work? Probably not 

1 hour ago, royal white said:

I think it’s about right where it is otherwise the difference between those at the lower end and semi-skilled/skilled will be too close leading to pay demands for the bigger earners ultimately leading to higher prices and so on. 

However, I believe in the nmw as no one should be made to work for next to fuck all unless they’re an apprentice. 

1 hour ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I've a gang of 27 pickpockets who are over the moon at contactless going up to £100, will be looking to take on some apprentices under the slogan "Every wallet's a oner".

Definitely worth investing in the wallets with screening to prevent your card being pinged in your pocket. 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, royal white said:

I am not sure now is the time to put even more pressure on small businesses to pay out more in wages.

Up here in the north I think the nmw is fine as it is, pretty good in fact, for the SE not so.

• Site Supporter

I don't think that is too bad at all considering the rate at which you start to pay tax has increased a lot in recent years. Add in benefits for parents etc it is fairly good I think.

Only caveat to that is those in London/SE, that probably won't even cover rent.