Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Budget

fatty

1 minute ago, Ani said:

So you think you are underpaid and are taking actions to rectify.

Military personnel get paid more when on active duty , do you think there is a valid case for health care workers to get a one off payment for the last 12 months ? 
You can try and play the uncaring Scrooge like capalist but your actions in other areas clearly show you are a big softie.🤫

so a simple question 'Based on the last 12 months do you think the health care workers deserve some type of real financial bonus for what they have been through?' 

Am I walking out and refusing to work? No. Would I? No. 

im not without heart not saying that but striking is pathetic. Get on with it or find a different job.  

yes I would find money for a one off payment. I’ve said they are underpaid. Clearly. Repeatedly. 

but nobody is making them do it. 

A year ago we couldn't afford to pay nurses more, no magic money tree etc. What a load of bollocks that turned out to be.

Boris is still on about tunnelling under the fucking Irish sea, and yet here are people honestly believing that we can't afford this. Same as when we couldn't afford free school meals.

Edited by Tombwfc

Just now, Escobarp said:

Am I walking out and refusing to work? No. Would I? No. 

im not without heart not saying that but striking is pathetic. Get on with it or find a different job.  

yes I would find money for a one off payment. I’ve said they are underpaid. Clearly. Repeatedly. 

but nobody is making them do it. 

I think we basically agree, we know that a lot of nurses will stick to it for the very reason that they care about the 'job' more than the money. But as a society surely we strive to be better than 'it is ok the mugs will still turn up' 

Let's also not let the Union rhetoric become the voice of the front line nurses, them threatening a strike is a million miles off nurses walking out of ICUs.

Doing nothing other than standing on the doorstep clapping when it was sunny and we needed them feels very much like turning up after the battle and bayoneting the wounded. 

1 minute ago, Ani said:

I think we basically agree, we know that a lot of nurses will stick to it for the very reason that they care about the 'job' more than the money. But as a society surely we strive to be better than 'it is ok the mugs will still turn up' 

Let's also not let the Union rhetoric become the voice of the front line nurses, them threatening a strike is a million miles off nurses walking out of ICUs.

Doing nothing other than standing on the doorstep clapping when it was sunny and we needed them feels very much like turning up after the battle and bayoneting the wounded. 

I didn’t clap 😎. That was pathetic as well 

why doesn’t the government set up a crowd funding for nurses pay or an optional payment from everyone’s source of pay. 

I would chip in. Not a problem. Take into account I already pay a higher rate of tax by virtue of living in Scotland anyway but I would pay some more from my wage to give them a bit more. Critical service, lost without them. Even though i go private for most things bar dentistry. 

let’s see how many of the more vocal complainants would be happy to pay more eh? 🧐

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

A year ago we couldn't afford to pay nurses more, no magic money tree etc. What a load of bollocks that turned out to be.

Boris is still on about tunnelling under the fucking Irish sea, and yet here are people honestly believing that we can't afford this. Same as when we couldn't afford free school meals.

A year ago nhs staff were in the period of an agreed multi year pay settlement. So suggesting what you have isn't true.

It expires soon hence the new offer.

8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

why doesn’t the government set up a crowd funding for nurses pay or an optional payment from everyone’s source of pay. 

I would chip in. Not a problem. Take into account I already pay a higher rate of tax by virtue of living in Scotland anyway but I would pay some more from my wage to give them a bit more. Critical service, lost without them. Even though i go private for most things bar dentistry. 

let’s see how many of the more vocal complainants would be happy to pay more eh? 🧐

We do not need more that is the myth, we need to spend what we have better. 

1 hour ago, Tombwfc said:

Johnson wasted a shed load of money when London Mayor on a Garden Bridge that never got off  the ground, its all about vanity and legacy and "look at me, aren't I great".

HS2 post pandemic is fundamentally flawed as the need for business travel is diminishing, put the money into IT infrastructure and communication technology. The percentage fees paid on HS2 consultants has been eye-watering.

Problem with this lot is they are not grounded in real life and haven't a clue regarding how to actually deliver these big ideas such as a "world beating" track & trace and "fantastic" trade deals. The much publicised green energy grant system has collapsed with an 8% take-up and been brushed under the carpet after the Government outsourced the management to a company in Virginia (yes Virginia) in the United States.

A windfall tax on all the businesses who have boomed in the pandemic would go a long way to pay the front line NHS a dignified pay increase.

17 hours ago, Cheese said:

So what happens when someone requires "complex" life-saving medical treatment, but they can't afford it? Where's the cut-off point between "simple" and "complex"?

Coming back to this, obviously parameters have to be set. If, for some reason you need treatment for something, and you can't afford it or don't have the required insurance, then sorry, you just die. It might make people be a bit more aspirational in their lives and work a bit harder instead of thinking that they're "owed" treatment.

Edited by Sweep

8 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A £35m strike fund has been drawn up.

So much for captain Tom's legacy. 

Unions eh. Wankers at times.

Government does need to stick to its guns; especially as the offered rise is still ahead of current inflation. 

If they did strike just import some cheaper ones from the Philippines and places like that. The Government of course wouldn't have the balls to do that sadly.

Edited by Sweep

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Generally, those who want to pay higher tax should be able to do so.

But, of course, it isn’t about that.

Edited by boltondiver

• Members
22 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Coming back to this, obviously parameters have to be set. If, for some reason you need treatment for something, and you can't afford it or don't have the required insurance, then sorry, you just die. It might make people be a bit more aspirational in their lives and work a bit harder instead of thinking that they're "owed" treatment.

So does this include children? Sorry your mum and dad can't afford your treatment. See ya. 

6 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Generally, those who want to pay higher tax should be able to do so.

But, of course, it isn’t about that.

But how many of the people being most vocal about this would be willing to pay more? Which is my whole point? 

30 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

But how many of the people being most vocal about this would be willing to pay more? Which is my whole point? 

But it is a bullshit argument you do not get to pick and choose Govt spending. The Govt is choosing to spend elsewhere, I will pay more for NHS if I can pay less for HS2 , press room refurb and legal costs to keep Patel out of court.

We have enough money, Govt choosing to spend elsewhere.  

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

But it is a bullshit argument you do not get to pick and choose Govt spending. The Govt is choosing to spend elsewhere, I will pay more for NHS if I can pay less for HS2 , press room refurb and legal costs to keep Patel out of court.

We have enough money, Govt choosing to spend elsewhere.  

It’s bullshit because it differs from Your take on it.

Edited by Escobarp
Not a question but a statement

34 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

So does this include children? Sorry your mum and dad can't afford your treatment. See ya. 

Yes, if course it does. You ensure you can provide for your children, if not, then sorry they die. I'm not sure why I or somebidy else should have to pay vast amounts of money to help somebody elses children, that should be down to the parents.

• Members
1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Yes, if course it does. You ensure you can provide for your children, if not, then sorry they die. I'm not sure why I or somebidy else should have to pay vast amounts of money to help somebody elses children, that should be down to the parents.

Sweep. 

Fuck off. 

44 minutes ago, Sweep said:

That's flawed, what about scrubbers who get lucky? Like Lotto lout Spikey Carole, drug kingpuns like Graham Massey or common and garden scums of the earth who get massive cash settlements from criminal injury or medical negligence, some of which - in the case of death or disability run into millions.

We need a system to fix richey I'm alright Jacks in their place and povos in their place.

I think India has it down to pat, wherein no matter what happens you're destined to be a toilet cleaner that succumbs to leprosy from birth.

All the savings made by the taxpayer could be plowed into buying crap from China, oil from Saudi, Russia and other arab states and feathering the nest of the likes of Bezos, Musk, Sheikh Omar Issa Bin Bumen et al.

So they can play Space 1999 or Football Manager and murder their gay lovers with impunity...

Edited by Youri McAnespie