Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

Man deserved of own thread

What a turnaround, me and included wrote this man off, not good enough they cried 

Then he stepped up, became a completely different player and well in his way to being our player 

Strong as an Ox , quick as a flash, nice as pie.

I said to my mate, the best defender we have had level by level since .....

He said Cahill, someone on here said Bruno imagine holding him in that high regard at the beginning of the season 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember saying that he was the worst defender i’d ever seen play for Bolton after his first few games. Well he made me eat my words, he’s a beast of a player. “ You’ll never beat the Santos” 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Probably our most entertaining player to watch at the moment. The way he shuts down anything that comes near him - be it player or ball - is both delightful and hilarious.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still scares the shit out of me when he brings the ball out of defence, just seems so nonchalant and that everything is all under control. In reality he’s managed to ‘do a Campo’ on the odd occasion(s) that he has been caught out so he’ll do for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

Still scares the shit out of me when he brings the ball out of defence, just seems so nonchalant and that everything is all under control. In reality he’s managed to ‘do a Campo’ on the odd occasion(s) that he has been caught out so he’ll do for me. 

Williams reminds me of Campo but I can’t explain why

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I remember saying that he was the worst defender i’d ever seen play for Bolton after his first few games. Well he made me eat my words, he’s a beast of a player.

“ You’ll never beat the Santos” 

Ditto. Exactly. I'm very pleased to eat my words.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Santos more than any of them seems to have bought into 'Brand Evatt'. He's the best team player we have. On Tuesday at the sending off he strode over like Mad Ged and if he hadn't stumbled over Fonz's leg he'd have dragged Jameson round.

Hope he doesn't get too big for his big boots.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's gone from looking very much a non league player at the start of the season to now looking like he should be playing a level or two above Division 4.

Fair play to him.  That start could well have ruined him.

Glad he's now tied down to a longer contract because other clubs must surely be taking a look at him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rudy said:

Bald with glasses?

That's unfair, he definitely has a bit of fluff on top and I have never seen him with glasses, unless he wears readers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Given how many Twitter types were calling for the return of Zouma earlier in the season to replace Santos, it may be interesting to note that Barrow have sent him out on loan to Altrincham. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to be honest - I thought Santos was the worst of a bad lot earlier in the season. I didn't think he'd ever be able to play at this level - never mind higher up the league. 

I really questioned Evatt's judgement in keeping him in the side. Think I wanted him dropped for Taft if I remember.

Just goes to show what a more educated eye than your common football fan can spot when they see them in training day in day out.

Kudos to IE and RS for proving me to be a know nothing gob shite and long may it continue! 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Rudy said:

Williams reminds me of Campo but I can’t explain why

I always thought with Campo there was an element of chaos about him, as goos as he was, and I get the same sense with Williams. He does what does well but just a bit unconventionally.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Love when he sets off on a run into midfield and beyond and the lad can pick out a pass ....Glad we managed to extend his deal .

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, glennboltw said:

I wonder what the thought of the Barnet fans were when fit? Wonder if they saw the potential?  

From what I can remember they did mention he was far too good for the Conference

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kent_white said:

I have to be honest - I thought Santos was the worst of a bad lot earlier in the season. I didn't think he'd ever be able to play at this level - never mind higher up the league. 

I really questioned Evatt's judgement in keeping him in the side. Think I wanted him dropped for Taft if I remember.

Just goes to show what a more educated eye than your common football fan can spot when they see them in training day in day out.

Kudos to IE and RS for proving me to be a know nothing gob shite and long may it continue! 😁

I too love Santos and its all going well now, long may it continue.  But IE also saw plenty of Mascoll, Greenidge, Crellin, Gordon, White, Comley in training and still gave them too much game time (in a system that didn't suit the team).  Sometimes its justified for us fans to discuss the manager's judgement, they don't always get it right, but hopefully that's all in the past (well, apart from failure to have a defender/keeper on bench 😃).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Santos is doing good. He appears to have settled into a back four with a commanding goalie. Its all about performing well in a team at the end of the day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.