Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge (H)

Eddie

Just now, TroySwoosh said:

fuck me, witch hunt going on for MM tonight, HE GOT SENT OFF WRONGLY AND THE RED CARD WAS RESCINDED, how is that costing us 2 points

Not a witch hunt; we were cruising both games and his introduction changed the game. The red card was rescinded but it was a stupid challenge because he gave the ball away. I would love him to turn it round and prove to be a great signing but for the games he has played I cant think of anything the guy has done right

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Think dapo  is out of contract

Just now, masi 51 said:

Dapo is out of contract in the summer......Evatt already on record as wanting to keep him

If we go up, I bet he’d love to sign for us.

• Members

Sarc was taken off with a view to Saturday, it’s good game management. MM wasn’t and isn’t up to scratch IMO but it’s mainly because we have such a good squad. There’s a reason he’s in L2, lower your expectations of him and you won’t be disappointed 

4 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Not a witch hunt; we were cruising both games and his introduction changed the game. The red card was rescinded but it was a stupid challenge because he gave the ball away. I would love him to turn it round and prove to be a great signing but for the games he has played I cant think of anything the guy has done right

I am not impressed with Maddison but blaming him for being sent off when the card was rescinded in bullshit.

9 minutes ago, Rudy said:

You’re kidding right?

No sadly hes not. Also still seems to think he knows better than IE even after tonight.  One day penny will drop maybe when we get promoted that Darcy, Delaney, Tutte etc are not good enough to be in this team. Even Arthur and Miller don't start at the moment. (I would add Isgrove to the list as well).

For an hour that was as much as I've enjoyed watching us for a decade, absolutely scintillating football, made 2nd look like 22nd, playing a completely different game to them. Slickness of movement from back to front was a joy to watch, our passing was quicker and more direct, shredding them umpteen times.

Our only achilles heel there again though, still not enough goals to rest easy late on. Not exactly sitters being tossed up but some efforts that ought to have been better and a couple that were just a bit unlucky. 

2-0 never that secure a lead and, as has been said earlier, while you can't legislate for Gilks howler, they'd been allowed a sniff and a bit of momentum before that with Maddison sub. For him to be indulged we need to be at least 3 up with 20 minutes left. 2 up and half hour was high risk. 

Having watched that tonight the only thing that will stop us getting automatic promotion is us, whether it be wastefulness in front of goal, keeper howlers or over confidence with subs or selections. That starting 11, that shape, bit more ruthlessness,  that level of performance of the first 60 mins for most of all of the 90, we won't lose a game and could even win them all.

21 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Yes, I was pretty underwhelmed by their front 2 who have scored 34 between them this season.

Respect to Mullin for scoring 20 odd goals, obviously got something, but this league is incredible for its complete lack of stand out strikers.  Unless actually scoring no striker has an impact on the opposition, no proper shots or showing skill and composure.  Its very non league, miles behind league one for me.

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Respect to Mullin for scoring 20 odd goals, obviously got something, but this league is incredible for its complete lack of stand out strikers.  Unless actually scoring no striker has an impact on the opposition, no proper shots or showing skill and composure.  Its very non league, miles behind league one for me.

Doyle could and possibly should be approaching 30 already. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Sarc was taken off with a view to Saturday, it’s good game management. MM wasn’t and isn’t up to scratch IMO but it’s mainly because we have such a good squad. There’s a reason he’s in L2, lower your expectations of him and you won’t be disappointed 

Yebbut Rudy, the rest of them understand that Evatt’s policy is not to give the ball away.

He needs to get this into his head before spraying 40 yds speculative passes.

49 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

That wasn’t to bad, but Maddison is robbing a living.

You may convince me yet……………..

Once again you win the internet for the most purile fucking comment ever , we schooled the team in 2nd for 70 mins with the best football we have played in 5 years . Apart from a rickett by the keeper that would have been the most complete performance I have seen and 6-0 would have been no insult . 
Anyone that cannot see what Evatt is doing is a blind failure of a human . The substitutions ... Sarce coming back from a bad injury , needed resting , everyone has been crying out for Gnuha & Tomason for more minutes and with the 2 fastest tempo games in 4 days we have to rotate . 
At best you a click bait stump and at worst a Tranmere fan .

Now do fuck off .

5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Respect to Mullin for scoring 20 odd goals, obviously got something, but this league is incredible for its complete lack of stand out strikers.  Unless actually scoring no striker has an impact on the opposition, no proper shots or showing skill and composure.  Its very non league, miles behind league one for me

Can you imagine if we played Darcy up front. We'd be champions already.

23 minutes ago, Rudy said:

You’re kidding right?

Which is worse, a player being in possession and giving it away to put us on the back foot, or that player not having the ball in the first place and so others making up for it by being in the right position?

And is it better to give away free kicks or to just not have that challenge in the first place? 

We had them groggy for 60+ minutes through great ball retention, near-70% possession, everyone playing within the structure, working and pressing together to quickly get it back. 

Within 10 minutes of Maddison coming on they had a sniff of working their way back into it because he gave them cheap possession half a dozen times then made his usual limited effort to help get it back. He had a chance in a zero risk situation at Oldham to play his way into form and was absolutely rank, giving it away, running into folk and falling over, sulking about when something didn't work.

Had another chance tonight, didn't take it again, all the same issues. A luxury we can't afford when it is all about structure and organisation with and without the ball. Not what we need on this run in and I wouldn't start him in a game till we're already promoted

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, crawshawbooth said:

IF there is no end product and he looks like a bell end on the pitch 

imagine what he brings to the dressing room , sulky atmosphere by the cut of his jib

a luxury in my opinion but  maybe next season , who knows

No point speculating really. Evatt will sort it either way.

• Site Supporter
Just now, DazBob said:

Are you suggesting that was a good effort?

Ideally, he'd have buried it of course. The fact he was in the right place at the right time is enough for now. I don't know how many minutes he's had for us, but I reckon it's less than Santos had before he suddenly became the best defender in League 2.