Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Maverick

Blondi

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Correct, he obviously sees something in training to justify selecting him, I’m confident when it all clicks we will see a player who can change a game positively for us. 

While I have been nudged back into the middle of the fence about MM currently, as he’s clearly not producing in games anything near what he’s capable of, the point you make is a good one and why we can’t write him off yet.

You’d think lessons from the doubters would have been learnt; Santos worst player we’ve ever had, Baptiste has gone he’s rubbish, send Arthur back, Sarcevic fat and ineffective and what does IE do in training, he’s clueless, arrogant and a fraudster with his total football crap.

Most (well maybe not Hugh) have come to realise that IE knows what he is doing and actually the players he trusts, the way he wants to play and what he’s doing in the training pitch are clearly having a positive impact.

So while this is the case, surely we continue trusting his decision making? Maybe he has seen something in training with MM, maybe he’s sat down, chatted with him, taken him under his wing and sees what he needs to do and what the process is to get the best from him. It might not be happening yet, but slowly, bit by bit, we might like those mentioned above, see what IE sees and believes.

If we do great, if not, no problem it didn’t work out. But why not trust IE to make those decisions?

• Site Supporter

He was 3” away from scoring last night. We can’t be writing hopefully about once he scores it’ll settle him down at the same time as writing that he constantly makes the wrong decision in front of goal. 

46 minutes ago, MickyD said:

He was 3” away from scoring last night. We can’t be writing hopefully about once he scores it’ll settle him down at the same time as writing that he constantly makes the wrong decision in front of goal. 

If his shot had been 3" to the left it would have been comfortably saved. JSL.

Anyway, I want it to work with Maddison, I really do, but up to now when he comes one we become worse.  I hope this all comes back to bite me in the arse.

4 hours ago, MickyD said:

The shot with his swinger? Was so bad technique he nearly missed the ball, not sure I’d give any credit for that.

re last night as a whole; firstly it isn’t his fault he was brought on for Sarc. However he was wank - gave it away or fouled one of theirs most the time.

he looks beyond rusty to me, genuinely like you play when you’re hungover. I get match rustiness but this seems something else. Add the illness / sleeping in etc and my guess, total punt that it is without inside knowledge, is that he has mental health challenges...please keep in mind that is a very broad umbrella, I’m not saying he’s cuckoo.

i still think with a bit of love and nurturing he could be useful for us but right now he’s way down the pecking order for me from what I’ve seen.

who knows, I’m sure IE has it under control 

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

The shot with his swinger? Was so bad technique he nearly missed the ball, not sure I’d give any credit for that.

re last night as a whole; firstly it isn’t his fault he was brought on for Sarc. However he was wank - gave it away or fouled one of theirs most the time.

he looks beyond rusty to me, genuinely like you play when you’re hungover. I get match rustiness but this seems something else. Add the illness / sleeping in etc and my guess, total punt that it is without inside knowledge, is that he has mental health challenges...please keep in mind that is a very broad umbrella, I’m not saying he’s cuckoo.

i still think with a bit of love and nurturing he could be useful for us but right now he’s way down the pecking order for me from what I’ve seen.

who knows, I’m sure IE has it under control 

He also put a ball on Millers head that was a really good chance. 
Earlier in the season I mentioned about payers lacking confidence and as a result rush everything and try to do something spectacular every time and at the moment this is him. Not sure is it 'trying too hard' to make an impression or just the way it plays. We do commit players fwad so one thing to be sure is that he needs to get back quicker even if he thinks he has been fouled. 
As impressed as I have been with John his dead balls never look threatening so Maddison could improve us in that. But hard to see how Evatt changes much from last nights starting team other than potentially Isogrove for Delf as started at Bradford 

• Moderators

Give him time, he could be the next Santos 

He's got (at least) 12 games to score a screamer or he's a massive disappointment 

Well not really, I hadn't heard of him till we signed him 

• Site Supporter

His Instagram post yesterday, said he was at home, got a few days with family and friends. And he was sporting a new great big massive fuck off tattoo on the side of his head. Saying he’s going to have a headache for a few days. He’s not wrong 

Evatt’s comments on Elbouzedi in the BN seem like they are thinly veiled at some in the squad - possibly Maddison?

“I thought he’s trained so well, his attitude in training has been excellent,” Evatt said. “There’s been no sulking, he’s just got on with his job, got on with his work, worked hard and made it impossible for me to keep ignoring him. That’s what I ask of all the players: give me that and then you’ll be back involved and you’ll take your chance.”

“Zack’s going to play a part in the run-in, and all the players will if they show the right attitude,”

“Zack came on and helped get us over the line. It is there for everybody.”

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Matt said:

Great prep in fighting his way into the side. 

Fuck him off back too Charlton. 

I'm beginning to think this would be for the best.

Cheese put a video of a training session up a few days ago. Early on the players were doing some short runs, Maddog looked like he was blowing out of his arse.

• Members
10 hours ago, desperado said:

His Instagram post yesterday, said he was at home, got a few days with family and friends. And he was sporting a new great big massive fuck off tattoo on the side of his head. Saying he’s going to have a headache for a few days. He’s not wrong 

There are so many things wrong with this

What tattooist is open in the middle of a pandemic! 
He won’t be back. What an utter waste

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Rudy said:

There are so many things wrong with this

What tattooist is open in the middle of a pandemic! 
He won’t be back. What an utter waste

I had to have a look, he reckons he lives with his mate who is also a tattooist 

In any case it looks shit 

• Members
12 minutes ago, Zico said:

I had to have a look, he reckons he lives with his mate who is also a tattooist 

In any case it looks shit 

Well I didn’t imagine it would look like the sistine chapel 

30 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I would have said the nonce priests but hey ho 

Always a concern to me.

Brought up RC. An altar boy well into my teens, went to a Priest-run school, played a lot of football, went to summer camps.

Never came close to being touched up, not even propositioned. Not once.

I must have been a fckg unattractive kid.