Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Maverick

Blondi

• Members
1 hour ago, Ani said:

Would prefer a keeper on bench. 

Beginning of the season I was all for not having a keeper on the bench, the odds on a keeper being sent off or injured are very high, but now getting to this point in the season id prefer to be a bit more cautious. But I trust IE

Just get one on the bench

we have wasted weeks of the season fannying about with that position

plus other teams will no doubt be onto this

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Beginning of the season I was all for not having a keeper on the bench, the odds on a keeper being sent off or injured are very high, but now getting to this point in the season id prefer to be a bit more cautious. But I trust IE

When Gilks was injured v Vale IE said he was worried, seems crazy. 

I'm a huge IE supporter but this going into games without a sub keeper seems to be an unnecessary gamble.....if you're permitted 7 subs, why risk it ?

If I was Forest Green's manager next week, i'd instruct my team to swing the 1st corner under the bar & get everyone to clatter into Gilks !!!

• Members
19 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Reckon coming out of a long 2 games per week phase might mean he's happier to go with one less outfield sub.

Think it was an issue to do with number of loan players we could name. Could be wrong 

4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Think it was an issue to do with number of loan players we could name. Could be wrong 

Think that must have been a factor at points, but he's not bothered with a sub keeper when on loan MM hasn't been in the squad either. 

Hopefully we wont get caught out. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

I wonder if IE bothers insuring his car or house ?

It really is crazy. 

I think he intimated this week that he may review the decision & implied that some matches may require it more than others .... I read that to be play-offs if that was where we ended up.

If it comes to the playoffs or say the Exeter game where the winners get promoted if i was Exeters manager i would be telling my forwards to be giving Gilks a dig at every chance......sooner or later it will cost us

No need to have 5 winger/forwards on the bench

Tbf it has worked so far with the subs coming on making a difference. 

He often changes all the front 4. 

But still risky wonder if we have an outfield player who can do a job ? Although Crellin playing earlier in season implies not 😁😂😆

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, bolton va va said:

I'm a huge IE supporter but this going into games without a sub keeper seems to be an unnecessary gamble.....if you're permitted 7 subs, why risk it ?

If I was Forest Green's manager next week, i'd instruct my team to swing the 1st corner under the bar & get everyone to clatter into Gilks !!!

" I'm happy with Gilks, but at his age , fit as he is, if he gets a knock we'd be bollocked without a reliable alternative. I'd sooner get someone in and have Gilks as a spare".

This was posted middle of January. If I was opposition as soon as I saw Boltons bench I'd  be on to my teams Kevin Davies equivalent and telling him to get into Gilks ribs early on.

We've got away with it for ages but we'll come unstuck sooner or later. Baptiste and Santos can't repel all boarders for another nigh on 1.000 minutes.

If you're reading this Matt I'm sure it will be ok.

His Instagram story today showed him pouring granola and fruit for breakfast

"healthy eating summer body pending" was the text

How about you eat healthily anyway? you're a supposed sportsman

And even if you don't normally eat healthily, being motivated for the beach but not in your current situation as an out of shape footballer who should want to get fitter to challenge the team, sums this bloke up

Do it for your job you nobhead

Edited by jules_darby

6 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Frankie Worthington's passing really does bring home what a piss-take it is to refer to this tool as a 'maverick'.

I was just about to post that instead of getting another tattoo, choosing new boot colours etc he should watch videos of Frank playing in a headband. 

• Members
16 minutes ago, Ani said:

I was just about to post that instead of getting another tattoo, choosing new boot colours etc he should watch videos of Frank playing in a headband. 

Maddison should focus on trying to Be a great player before looking like a twat