Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Maverick

Blondi

9 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Last minute equalisers and winners are the bollox, especially away from home 😁

Especially when on the tram back into Sheffield😀

5 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Albie was a consummate professional and kept in very good shape. Just so he could maximise whatever chances he did get. While his performances weren’t always excellent, that’s all you can ask

As aforementioned, this lad seems to motivated by the wrong things and I’d clearly not always making the best choices at giving himself a chance to be in the best physical condition when he he gets a chance

i’d say you have it the wrong way around, them wanking over Maddison are the more likely ones to have done the same over Riga

i’m sure Maddison is capable of some quality stuff but whilst he’s fucking dreadful in every appearance, if it also seems he’s also not doing the right things in the pitch then he’s fair game for criticism 

I’m not saying Mads performances have not been poor so far, or deserve criticism Jules, I’m just saying that our fans should lay off the insults and name calling until the guys in a position to show what he can do for us. The fact he isn’t currently in the squad indicates that IE hasn’t been satisfied with what he’s delivered so far and obviously if he doesn’t buckle down I’m sure he’ll be ofski. As for Wilb, most fans groaned when his name featured and whilst he might be a consummate, hard working professional, it didn’t stop him also being abused and insulted. Just give the guy time is all I’m saying and hope he can deliver what we know he’s capable of.

Edited by Whitesince63

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Not entirely in defence of Wilbraham as he was largely bobbins, but we wouldn’t have even been alive on the last day had he not scored in the 362nd minute at Sheff Weds earlier in the season 

My lads first game and what made him fall in love with Bolton

• Site Supporter

I walked into the front room this morning and Our Peg says "Is Maddison single".

Me "I think so why".

Her "He was messaging S last night on Tinder trying to get her round" (very small)

Me "What time last night.........."

Her "About 3am, why"

Me walking off "Fucking useless unprofessional fucking shithouse"

39 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

I walked into the front room this morning and Our Peg says "Is Maddison single".

Me "I think so why".

Her "He was messaging S last night on Tinder trying to get her round" (very small)

Her "About 3am, why"

If that’s true Barry, it’s IE you need to be messaging not this site.

53 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Me "I think so why".

Her "About 3am, why"

BREAKING NEWS. Professional footballer messaging a girl late at night before his day off. 

Has someone contacted the police with that damaging information? Good grief.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Jay71 said:

BREAKING NEWS. Professional footballer messaging a girl late at night before his day off. 

Has someone contacted the police with that damaging information? Good grief.

Aye, he'll be mint in training this morning won't he.

Making a proper effort to get fit

4 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Aye, he'll be mint in training this morning won't he.

Making a proper effort to get fit

He’s not training, it’s their day off.

Who cares what he does in his own time?  

Add this to his playing FIFA, Call of Duty, or whatever at 4am and his 'allegedly' oversleeping and his going home and getting a big, shit tattoo on the side of his head.

... and the fact he wears odd coloured boots and a fucking stupid headband.

He might not be doing anything that actually breaks any rules but he's hardly coming across as the model professional is he?

As said when he first joined, as long as he's producing on the pitch then nobody will care. All he's done during his, albeit limited, time on the pitch so far is make us look worse than when he was sat on the bench.  The fact the Lincoln lad is also now ahead of him in the pecking order also speaks volumes.

2 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

I’m not saying Mads performances have not been poor so far, or deserve criticism Jules, I’m just saying that our fans should lay off the insults and name calling until the guys in a position to show what he can do for us. The fact he isn’t currently in the squad indicates that IE hasn’t been satisfied with what he’s delivered so far and obviously if he doesn’t buckle down I’m sure he’ll be ofski. As for Wilb, most fans groaned when his name featured and whilst he might be a consummate, hard working professional, it didn’t stop him also being abused and insulted. Just give the guy time is all I’m saying and hope he can deliver what we know he’s capable of.

Abuse - no. Criticism - yes

• Members

I’m not sure if BWFC do it but I know first hand that clubs invest a lot of time and money into sleep management, regardless of if they are training next day or not, they are told when to be asleep by. If they’re not they’re pulled up for it. If mismanagement of sleep happens performance is affected up to 30%.

Especially in a team which focuses on high pressing and fitness. 

So no he shouldn’t be up at 3am. 

2 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

If that’s true Barry, it’s IE you need to be messaging not this site.

He won't need to message him, IE's Internet team will have seen that the minute it was posted. 

Also, stop being such a tart. 

17 hours ago, Big E said:

Is the right answer. he was turd but then did the magic. folk love pretending he was brilliant. he is a legend for keeping us up but as Traf says he should have made it so it wasn't needed.....the gamble could have failed and did until ALF came on. 

Maverick has been rubbish and brought nothing so far. happy clap him all you like but he is just costing money 

I said he was decent before anyone else but for mere mortals he was 38 and being asked to perform a job in a division above his level. Luckily Phil only knew one way to play and Wilbraham was part of that.

in regards of Maddison I don’t follow all the weird shit he does so it doesn’t bother me unless @Ghana White sends me it which has been known.

For someone who hated Eagles I’m a bit meh to this bloke and felt IE probably used a bad choice of words describing him as a maverick only highlighted more since yesterday.

• Site Supporter
23 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Like any job, depends if it impacts performance...

110% 

When I started work at the company I'm currently at, they were all Armini and Suits, were as I'm Jean's and get the job done.

At one point in the interview I answered a question about appearances / roles etc. 

My answer was "would it matter to you if came dressed as coco the clown everyday if the sales were there?"

I got the job 

This lad is a "character", so was Diouf. 

Hes not had chance to shine yet like Diouf did and may not. But to judge off what we've seen so far and what a young lad does on his own in a hotel 100s of miles from his family and friends in the middle of a pandemic is a little harsh.

I would like to thank barryk32 for pimping out his wife on tinder at 3am , if it helps mad Maddison discover his form then I’m all for it! 
top man, I would do the same if my mrs was “a looker” and about 25 years younger, it’ll be worth it if he does the business and helps us win the league.

bravo , sir! 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

I would like to thank barryk32 for pimping out his wife on tinder at 3am , if it helps mad Maddison discover his form then I’m all for it! 
top man, I would do the same if my mrs was “a looker” and about 25 years younger, it’ll be worth it if he does the business and helps us win the league.

bravo , sir! 

Strange you should say both those things when speaking of Mr and Mrs Barryk32. I think 25 years is a slight stretch but there or thereabouts.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Ratwhite said:

110% 

When I started work at the company I'm currently at, they were all Armini and Suits, were as I'm Jean's and get the job done.

At one point in the interview I answered a question about appearances / roles etc. 

My answer was "would it matter to you if came dressed as coco the clown everyday if the sales were there?"

I got the job 

This lad is a "character", so was Diouf. 

Hes not had chance to shine yet like Diouf did and may not. But to judge off what we've seen so far and what a young lad does on his own in a hotel 100s of miles from his family and friends in the middle of a pandemic is a little harsh.

Generally I'd agree, but I think the lad has had chance to shine. However, he seems to have got worse- maybe trying to hard at first, to seemingly not working so hard when on the pitch.

No excuse for a lack of fitness now, which tends to make folk question his attitude.