Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Maverick

Blondi

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, MickyD said:

Strange you should say both those things when speaking of Mr and Mrs Barryk32. I think 25 years is a slight stretch but there or thereabouts.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

It popped up on my Facebook memories the other week when we went away for a weekend to Barcelona.  The woman on reception at the hotel stared apologising and flapping because there had been an error and they had a double room booked for us.

That was awkward 🤣

Just seen on Twatter that he’s got the 2nd most assists in the top 4 divisions since 14/15 with 71

De Bruyne top with 76

Nicky Adams 70 

Conor Hourihane 60

David Silva & Christian Eriksen on 54

so he’s in bloody good company...if he can recapture some semblance of that then he could still be of use on the run in; just hope his career is a priority 

Edited by jules_darby

39 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Just seen on Twatter that he’s got the 2nd most assists in the top 4 divisions since 14/15 with 71

De Bruyne top with 76

Nicky Adams 70 

Conor Hourihane 60

David Silva & Christian Eriksen on 54

so he’s in bloody good company...if he can recapture some semblance of that then he could still be of use on the run in; just hope his career is a priority 

So out of the top 3 assisters in the country, 1 is a Bolton fan, 1 plays for Bolton and the other is arguably the best midfielder in Europe.

MM and Adams must be top English assisters by some way looking at that list.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Fair play to IE, over to Marcus now 

All I want to see is him stay on his feet for 10 minutes, rather than hitting the deck whenever anyone comes near him. Very frustrating. I trust Evatt to either get the best out of him, or sack him off.

• Members
22 minutes ago, Cheese said:

All I want to see is him stay on his feet for 10 minutes, rather than hitting the deck whenever anyone comes near him. Very frustrating. I trust Evatt to either get the best out of him, or sack him off.

Seen him bad few times pick the ball up on the half way line in space try to hit this 40 yard ball, keep it simple do the easy work first. Look at Isgrove he’s not a world beater but he puts a shift in 

Just now, RUREADY2ROLL said:

IE says you have to work hard without the ball; exactly. MM just strolls about and doesn’t close down anybody and it’s like having 10 men. Hope he has got the message and does turn out to be influential in these last 10 games

Plenty of times he mentions about being a team player and gaining the trust of the rest of the team. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s been a few choice words from some players when they’re busting their balls in the 90th minute and he’s on the floor rolling around having only been on 15 minutes.

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

Plenty of times he mentions about being a team player and gaining the trust of the rest of the team. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s been a few choice words from some players when they’re busting their balls in the 90th minute and he’s on the floor rolling around having only been on 15 minutes.

In this squad its a struggle to think of any player that would say boo to a goose other than maybe Baptiste and obviously Gilks, plus Santos if an opponent steps out of line!  You're not going to get Arthur, John, Fonz, Williams, Lee, Dapo etc giving you grief.  Sarcevic is captain and doesn't appear to be very vocal on the pitch (who knows what happens in the dressing room).  It seems to be a squad of laid back players who don't really do anger, either at colleagues, refs or opponents.  

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

In this squad its a struggle to think of any player that would say boo to a goose other than maybe Baptiste and obviously Gilks, plus Santos if an opponent steps out of line!  You're not going to get Arthur, John, Fonz, Williams, Lee, Dapo etc giving you grief.  Sarcevic is captain and doesn't appear to be very vocal on the pitch (who knows what happens in the dressing room).  It seems to be a squad of laid back players who don't really do anger, either at colleagues, refs or opponents.  

Disagree, the team has bonded so much more over the last 2 months.

I think most of them would stand up for each other, as demonstrated by Santos the other week.

56 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Disagree, the team has bonded so much more over the last 2 months.

I think most of them would stand up for each other, as demonstrated by Santos the other week.

Not saying they wouldn't stand up for each other, just don't think they'll be shouting at each other to criticise.  Not exactly Ince, Keane, Batty, Reid in our midfield and Taggart, Hendry at the back.  A quiet team, which seems to be the norm now.

• Members
7 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Not saying they wouldn't stand up for each other, just don't think they'll be shouting at each other to criticise.  Not exactly Ince, Keane, Batty, Reid in our midfield and Taggart, Hendry at the back.  A quiet team, which seems to be the norm now.

That’s credit to do much work on positional play. No need to scream and shout when you know where your teammates will be 

Just as an example, Lee failed to track the Walsall player that scored last week, it was poor tracking back that was forgotten because we won and he played well in the 2nd half (would MM have even started the 2nd half?).  Teammates didn't appear to be digging him out, it was just a case of get the ball and kick off and we go again. 

Not saying its right or wrong, just that we don't have a team of those types of characters.

I think Johnnys trying to say we're a team of softarses, he's probably right compared to sides we've had in the past, but that was then and this is now, the game has changed from the old "hard men" days and this team is more than capable of winning this league. COYWM

7 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I think Johnnys trying to say we're a team of softarses, he's probably right compared to sides we've had in the past, but that was then and this is now, the game has changed from the old "hard men" days and this team is more than capable of winning this league. COYWM

I think that’s sport in general due to professionalism. Rugby Union isn’t like it used to be, go near someone’s head nowadays and it’s likely to be a red. 

Mass battles on the pitch in team sport sadly seem to be consigned to history. 

As for @Johnnyrotten I think he’s a perfectionist, he must be shit hot at whatever his trade is 🙄

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Not saying they wouldn't stand up for each other, just don't think they'll be shouting at each other to criticise.  Not exactly Ince, Keane, Batty, Reid in our midfield and Taggart, Hendry at the back.  A

quiet team

, which seems to be the norm now.

Gilks...

• 3 weeks later...