Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Maverick

Blondi

I said from the off it simply works or it doesn’t we haven’t lost anything trying

good luck to the lad he’s proven to be a very good player just not on this occasion 

Edited by radcliffewhite1

Good to see the reactions on here to the announcement, hope he is ok and this is the right thing for him.

But, how fucking good is Sharon ? Hardly said anything there, but just gets the tone right every time.

Oooh, that really is, honestly, a shame. There's obviously a player in there ... & Evatt has been putting huge effort into him. Only in this morning's press.

But the lad has issues & if he's decided it's not working it's for the best all round.

I was hopeful a full pre-season, sort his head out, learn the Evatt way & he'd be ace.

Never put your trust in a man with webs tattooed on his knees. ... & when tatt's encroach onto the face you know their mental health issues going on.

Cue an interference from Bowyer & most of all McAnthony at Peterborough.

Good luck to him.

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

Good to see the reactions on here to the announcement, hope he is ok and this is the right thing for him.

But, how fucking good is Sharon ? Hardly said anything there, but just gets the tone right every time.

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I’m pleased that we tried, and clearly supported him.

Yes to both. Sharon says very little publicly about anything, but whenever she does come out with anything, it always seems bang on.

I have a definate crush on this lady.

"Sharon Brittan added: “Having spent some time with Marcus over the past couple of weeks, it became clear that he was in need of some additional support.

“Marcus is a lovely man who I really warmed to and we will ensure that he gets the correct support he needs.

“Although his time with the club was relatively short, he will always remain in the Bolton Family.” "

On 10/03/2021 at 13:20, jules_darby said:

he looks beyond rusty to me, genuinely like you play when you’re hungover. I get match rustiness but this seems something else. Add the illness / sleeping in etc and my guess, total punt that it is without inside knowledge, is that he has mental health challenges...please keep in mind that is a very broad umbrella, I’m not saying he’s cuckoo.

Having looked after staff with a variety of problems over the years I did suspect he was struggling in this area.

Not happy to be right, but it explains a lot for me.

There's a lot of folk struggling with a myriad of mental health issues at the moment and football is no exception; Lee Collins a recent sad and extreme example.

I'm really proud of our club from what we know of their actions so far, and I really hope that MM continues to be supported in the right way now he leaves us.

Talented men are often troubled and I hope he overcomes those demons