Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

75 years ago today

miamiwhite

Good to see.  Malcolm will probably know but I'm sure that year was the only season in its history that the FA cup was contested over 2 legs throughout each round.  Any other year and that game wouldn't have taken place.

RIP the 33

4 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Good to see.  Malcolm will probably know but I'm sure that year was the only season in its history that the FA cup was contested over 2 legs throughout each round.  Any other year and that game wouldn't have taken place.

RIP the 33

Yes, because there was no Football League in 1945-46 but there was an FA Cup, so ties were two legs before the semis.

• Site Supporter

Just had an appointment at the hospital and called on Burnden on my way there, don't normally get over that way so it was just coincidence I was there about 3 o'clock strangely poignant when you think what was happening all those years ago .

19 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Just been down to the UniBol. I have got to say that I'm very disappointed that the remembrance part isn't adorned with tributes. Today of all days the places should be a shrine. One day a year folk should make an effort. Shameful really.

It’s over 5 miles away from my home, not allowed to go Undies