36 minutes ago, Offshore said:

Who's that coming up the hill boys?

Bolton's  coming up the hill boy's

They all laughed at us

They all mocked at us

They all said our days were numbered!

Born to be a Wanderer

victorious are we...............

Hate to be the pedant but the second line is “The Wanderers are comin’ up the hill, boys”

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

They've got games in hand, but by the same token, a lot of games to fit in. No midweek game I dont think, and the top 3 to play in addition to Exeter.

Could run out of puff!

Tranmere have no game on Tuesday - they are at Grimsby on Wednesday.

They are playing Sunderland tomorrow in the EFL Trophy

Happy days with the win and fair play all involved.  Other clubs now realise a shit and narrower pitch won't suit us.  Hopefully our groundsman has been told as it hasn't been the best recently.  

IE deserves a medal with what he's done over the past few months.  Players playing for each other and the club.

Gilks - happy as fuck when he comes out to grab a cross.  Can't remember him failing on a cross or a high one, but a bobbly bouncer in front and the butterflies flutter.  Fingers crossed he won't get battered and go off one day and it could be a turning point this season.  No excuse for no keeper on the bench now.

Jones - happy for the lad.  Seems a good honest trier and knows his job.  Popped up today and glad he did.  Doing great.

Baptiste - no nonsense.  Knows his qualities (reading the game) and his liabilities (pace).  Decent passes when he has time and gets rid when he's in the shit.

Santos - whoever (and I think it's IE) has taught this lad the art of defending deserves a medal.  Improved leaps and bounds over the season and a proper, proper defender.  New contract well deserved.  Man mountain again.

John - bobbly, shite pitch doesn't suit, but still class on and off the ball.

Williams - something significant changed with him and that was his positioning when we didn't have the ball.  Watch - a ball played into one of the oppo in front of the back 4 and MJ is face to goal and winning the second ball if there's any slight bounce off.  That aside he breaks up play and has a decent engine and wins the odd header even though not sure he's any idea where he's heading it to.

Lee - class.  Lot's been said about his ability and the fact he's playing a couple of leagues lower than he could.  He's a massive team player.  In instances where his football brain is slightly ahead or a team mate fails to control, there's no frustration and he just get's on with it.

Sarcevic - I like him.  Shame about today and the injury.  A poor man's Campo in a way.  Problem is his mis-control is three yards and not one, so he can't dive on the ball and take a quick free-kick.

Afolayan - raw talent.  They tried to wind him up and got on with it.  Obviously brought up on a decent surface so not not exactly suited by the odd bobble.  He'll be a 'good little 'en' as my dad used to say about David Lee.

Delfounso - quiet today on the ball, but made space for others with his movement off the ball.  Worried sometimes that he isn't a David Reeves trier type but doing a decent job.

Doyle - nothing but admiration for this lad.  Never his game today with the oppo set-up and shite pitch.  We don't have a 'big lad' hold it up type.  IE knew that, hence no Miller.

Elbouzedi - great job when he came on.  We have no lump to hold it up so the IE instructions were obviously, run the channels and hit the corner.  Chuffed with him and the fact he looked a bit trimmer.

Isgrove - am I unconvinced?  Maybe.  Does track and holds the ball up ok at times.  No idea about the diagonals aimed for his head.  One for a decent surface and the sun shining for me ..... and an extra yard of pace.   

Arthur - learning his trade at a late age.  Obviously listening and doing what he's told.  Like him. Been around a bit and the 'arm round the shoulder, this is what you can do and will do' treatment is working.

Anyone looking at who others are playing and thinking they have points in the bag against the lower teams just needs to think about our last 3 games - although we let in a last minute equaliser at Bradford, today was the toughest game, when many (including myself) considered it the easiest.

The results weren’t great today with the top 3 winning, but if we keep winning then they will drop points, no matter whether it’s against someone going for the play offs or battling relegation.

Keep winning and we’ll go up, only questions is as champions or not (which doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things but I’ve got 500 reasons as to why I’d like us to win it all).

Edited by Eddie

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Tranmere have no game on Tuesday - they are at Grimsby on Wednesday.

They are playing Sunderland tomorrow in the EFL Trophy

So they are- you know league Two is listed below the women's fixtures on the bbc website. 

At first read I got to the championship then the women's and assumed no league 2 on Wednesday. 

Grinding out wins when you don't play so well ( on a horrible pitch in windy conditions ) is crucial in a promotion chase.

A good cameo from Elbo.....with 6 players competing for 2 places in the team, Madison is now 6th choice. I don't care if we keep him or not & trust IE's judgement.

Just hope Sarce isn't out for long, we're a better team when he's there, but EIEIEIO anyway.

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Anyone looking at who others are playing and thinking they have points in the bag against the lower teams just needs to think about our last 3 games - although we let in a last minute equaliser at Bradford, today was the toughest game, when many (including myself) considered it the easiest.

The results weren’t great today with the top 3 winning, but if we keep winning then they will drop points, no matter whether it’s against someone going for the play offs or battling relegation.

Keep winning and we’ll go up, only questions is as champions or not (which doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things but I’ve got 500 reasons as to why I’d like us to win it all).

I don't see our remaining home games as necessarily being our easier games.......bottom half teams may come & do a "Barrow", putting 11 men behind the ball can be difficult to break down.

The more open away games may suit us better, at our best i'd back us to beat anyone !!

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

I don't see our remaining home games as necessarily being our easier games.......bottom half teams may come & do a "Barrow", putting 11 men behind the ball can be difficult to break down.

The more open away games may suit us better, at our best i'd back us to beat anyone !!

This season more than any other I reckon teams with nothing to play for will barely break a sweat

Another workmanlike grafting win. 

Be nice to spank someone, but today still gets you the same points as a 6-0. 

Keep clean sheets and go up : it's that simple, as we invariably find a way of scoring even when we're far from our best.

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Fuck games in hand, points mean prizes, and we are getting the points

Correct

people was fretting over Carlisle with 4 in hand at one point 

32 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

A good cameo from Elbo.....with 6 players competing for 2 places in the team, Madison is now 6th choice. I don't care if we keep him or not & trust IE's judgement.

Yes would of thought Miller would be nailed on for coming on holds the ball up in a shitty pitch and has scored recently. Zac looked a complete waste of time previously couldn’t keep possession looks light weight . 

Then came on and played well good on the ball plenty of pace . But we’re was Maddison today ? 

Hard won game today, the boys will feel it tomorrow.

I believe the windy conditions helped us more than them, the pitch has obviously been intentionally narrowed so that it resembles a bowling alley and gives a run up for the throw ins; this also stunted our preferred wing-back system. From the off I thought PV were better at set plays which i would expect from this set up. But the kicker was the wind and they couldn't exploit their set-up and hence the scrappy game.

A final point... now we have a settled first eleven maybe we can accommodate a ressy goalkeeper (please)

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Hate to be the pedant but the second line is “The Wanderers are comin’ up the hill, boys”

Or to the tune of that classic song Coming Over The Hill by The Automatic...

"What's that coming up the table?

It's The Wanderers!!!"

Edited by DavidLeesMullet