Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sarah Everard

Rudy

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Me and the mrs might go to the reclaim these streets vigil on saturday.

Can't beat a bit of virtue signalling on a lockdown Saturday night

☺️

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Never would ever hit a woman, for me it’s cowardice, just walk away, one night in chuffers a girl who I’d had a little fling with smashed me over the back of the head with a bottle just for talking to another girl. She was Bolton girl from up Deane area the crackpot. Bouncers chucked her out I just carried on with my night out. 

Sorry but She’d be getting choked out then Chinese burned for good measure. If they want equal opportunities in the office they can have them in the pub as well.

9 minutes ago, royal white said:

Sorry but She’d be getting choked out then Chinese burned for good measure. If they want equal opportunities in the office they can have them in the pub as well.

LH Bouncer who I knew was in quick, he dealt with it consummately, carried her up the stairs and came back down the stairs pissing his sides. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

7 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Hey - if it helps in anyway to stop women having to walk down the road at night with keys through their hands, I'll virtue signal with the best of them. esp with three daughters.

Lived in both Bristol & London in the past. It's the norm for female mates to be harassed or followed walking home. It ain't virtue signalling to be highlighting that issue, surprised anyone would try applying it to this. 

Edited by London Wanderer

How can you educate someone who has these sort of thoughts/intentions? If this worked would we not be educating peados and have stopped this too? It’s worse than it’s ever been watching the programme  on it the other week 

normal Folk don’t need educating or awareness raising. It’s natural. It’s not like we are asking people to pick up their dog shit. You are asking someone who wants to rape/attack/kill a woman to think about what they are doing. 

by all means if people want to do these protests etc then so be it but I fail to see how it’s going to affect anything personally. 

Just now, London Wanderer said:

Lived in both Bristol & London in the past. It's the norm for female mates to be harassed or followed walking home. It ain't virtue signalling to highlighting that issue, surprised anyone would try applying it to this. 

Exactly - and it shouldn't be the norm. Sarah Everard could have been anyone, there wasn't anything special and especially dangerous in what she was doing. It's the complete normality of this abduction that has shocked people.

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Lived in both Bristol & London in the past. It's the norm for female mates to be harassed or followed walking home. It ain't virtue signalling to be highlighting that issue, surprised anyone would try applying it to this. 

And having a vigil is going to stop this yes? Going to stop a weirdo being weird? Murderer killing someone? 

Just now, Escobarp said:

How can you educate someone who has these sort of thoughts/intentions? If this worked would we not be educating peados and have stopped this too? It’s worse than it’s ever been watching the programme  on it the other week 

normal Folk don’t need educating or awareness raising. It’s natural. It’s not like we are asking people to pick up their dog shit. You are asking someone who wants to rape/attack/kill a woman to think about what they are doing. 

by all means if people want to do these protests etc then so be it but I fail to see how it’s going to affect anything personally. 

Its not just about rape, or hitting, its about feeling unsafe - and there are many behaviours that need to be looked at - on this board there have been dozens of examples.

If people take a stand about saying that women should feel safe to walk home at night, that they shouldn't be frightened off the streets, I think that's an important message.

You obviously think this is just about lone loonbags with murderous intentions.

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It’s like the “let’s light a candle/change FB picture brigade” after a terror attack, it never works. 

Unfortunately there’s some sick bastards out there and like you say vigils/Demos aren’t going to stop them.  

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Its not just about rape, or hitting, its about feeling unsafe - and there are many behaviours that need to be looked at - on this board there have been dozens of examples.

If people take a stand about saying that women should feel safe to walk home at night, that they shouldn't be frightened off the streets, I think that's an important message.

You obviously think this is just about lone loonbags with murderous intentions.

I’ve walked home in places I didn’t feel very safe. In hindsight I probably Shouldn’t have. 

I don’t let mrs esco walk anywhere at night on her own. I always take her or pick her up or walk with her etc. because the world is fucked. But maybe it’s just me but I’m not doing it to avoid someone walking a bit close on the same side of the road I’m doing it because I would never forgive myself if some loon got a grip Of her. 

telling people to walk a distance away from women or not to approach them randomly to chat will work. For the people that are that way inclined anyway. Are already doing it. Others don’t give a fuck or they would be doing it already. 

If it makes some people think about they behave around women walking on their own at night it ain't a bad thing. 

Might not stop a nutter being a nutter but if it helps make people to think about not following a woman in the street, or if pissed getting a bit gobby absolutely no problem with it. 

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Nobody is suggesting having a fucking vigil is going to stop psychos. This about so much more. Grim events always trigger wider issues. Whether people like protest or not, people coming together has had an effect on creating positive change over time.

You’re not going to stop pissed up jack from my local boozer mithering women on his way home. Hes harmless btw. But mithers the fuck out of women and probably makes them feel scared and uneasy at times . He’s been told  on a number of occasions and Smacked by a couple of folk for doing it and not stopping. 

but Facebook vigil is going to stop him? Educate him?

he’s no danger to anyone. Can’t even speak half the time.  He’s not a weirdo. Just an over friendly piss head. 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

No I’ve really not. I know exactly what my point is. 
Mate 

It's more that you haven't recognised how there's more to it than random acts of kindness.

Yes the world is fucked & unsafe for many people. Doesn't mean we can't attempt to change it. Mrs. Esco is very lucky to have you come and collect her in your horse & carriage whenever she needs.

Why should other women need a man to feel safe? 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I’ve walked home in places I didn’t feel very safe. In hindsight I probably Shouldn’t have. 

I don’t let mrs esco walk anywhere at night on her own. I always take her or pick her up or walk with her etc. because the world is fucked. But maybe it’s just me but I’m not doing it to avoid someone walking a bit close on the same side of the road I’m doing it because I would never forgive myself if some loon got a grip Of her. 

telling people to walk a distance away from women or not to approach them randomly to chat will work. For the people that are that way inclined anyway. Are already doing it. Others don’t give a fuck or they would be doing it already. 

You 'don't let her.' 

What an lucky lady she is.

Fine, listen its best we leave this now. I believe that something should be done about the safety of women on our cities streets. You just think everything is beyond fucked.

We won't ever agree so, lets agree to disagree and we can take some minutes of our lives back.

6 minutes ago, royal white said:

It’s like the “let’s light a candle/change FB picture brigade” after a terror attack, it never works. 

Unfortunately there’s some sick bastards out there and like you say vigils/Demos aren’t going to stop them.  

Correct. 

next thing folk will be holding a vigil saying it’s going to stop me firing copious amounts of class A up my beak when the pubs open. 

#pray for esco