Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sarah Everard

Rudy

11 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

And no one should feel unsafe on our streets.

That's just fantasyland, against what is, unfortunately or otherwise, human nature.

I can see that some changes can be made which can make a difference, but you can't stop people feeling unsafe. Feeling unsafe is in our DNA, as a part of flight or fight, I'd imagine we need it for survival.

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

That's just fantasyland, against what is, unfortunately or otherwise, human nature.

I can see that some changes can be made which can make a difference, but you can't stop people feeling unsafe. Feeling unsafe is in our DNA, as a part of flight or fight, I'd imagine we need it for survival.

Again. that's not really the point. As you say, changes can be made. So let's try and start to make them.

• Site Supporter

How many abductions have there been in the area this girl was taken from over the years? I’d bet not many.

Have a vigil for the poor girl and her family by all means, but things like this are thankfully extremely rare indeed.

If this murderer had made his mind up that he was going to kill some random girl, then I doubt anything would have stopped him.

Blokes get topped as well, for the record. If someone’s determined enough, it’s happening.

Sorry.

Edited by Spider

Nothing anyone says or does will stop men attacking women.

However, there are plenty of thick cunts around who probably don't even give a second thought that innocently walking behind a woman at night might unnerve her. Therefore, if it is highlighted what makes women feel unsafe, then even if just a few men take note and they change their habits then I'm all for it.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

How many abductions have there been in the area this girl was taken from over the years? I’d bet not many.

Have a vigil for the poor girl and her family by all means, but things like this are thankfully extremely rare indeed.

If this murderer had made his mind up that he was going to kill some random girl, then I doubt anything would have stopped him.

Blokes get topped as well, for the record. If someone’s determined enough, it’s happening.

Sorry.

I need to stop agreeing with you.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Never would ever hit a woman, for me it’s cowardice, just walk away, one night in chuffers a girl who I’d had a little fling with smashed me over the back of the head with a bottle just for talking to another girl. She was Bolton girl from up Deane area the crackpot. Bouncers chucked her out I just carried on with my night out. 

Nah, bollocks to that. Someone lamps you, you have every right to defend yourself irrespective of who they are. Good on you for turning the other cheek, but not for me.

Your missus might be able to go to this vigil, you won't, NiC.

We'll all be under curfew.

I'm not arsed, pubs are shut as are gyms and football's behind closed doors.

Relax the law so women can go out tooled up, and teach them to use them too.

The simple fact that some women think a bunch of keys pushed through their clenched fist is an effective weapon is scary in itself.

Simple instruction on constructing a stun gun out of a disposable camera, quick deployment of a rice flail or how to fashion a tramline shank to 'stripe' a potential assailant, even an innocent jogger, should be taught in schools instead of home economics.

Which won't be a great loss, it has been a total failure really as I've yet to meet a British girl who can cook worth a wank.

12 minutes ago, royal white said:

100% yes 

I am sure you would and explain why he is being a tit. 

Hopefully he learns from that and next time he might the one saying 'leave it lads' 

So if a vigil raises awareness of how acting the tit for a laugh could be unsettling for a woman why is it not a good thing ? 

1 minute ago, Ani said:

I am sure you would and explain why he is being a tit. 

Hopefully he learns from that and next time he might the one saying 'leave it lads' 

So if a vigil raises awareness of how acting the tit for a laugh could be unsettling for a woman why is it not a good thing ? 

Because when they have 10 pints of Stella in them 1 gram of Great Levers finest bashed and have just seen the whites get beat 3-0 at home their awareness is out of the window

• Site Supporter
51 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

How can you educate someone who has these sort of thoughts/intentions? If this worked would we not be educating peados and have stopped this too? It’s worse than it’s ever been watching the programme  on it the other week 

normal Folk don’t need educating or awareness raising. It’s natural. It’s not like we are asking people to pick up their dog shit. You are asking someone who wants to rape/attack/kill a woman to think about what they are doing. 

by all means if people want to do these protests etc then so be it but I fail to see how it’s going to affect anything personally. 

57 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m not sure any protest or similar is going to change the behavior of a person intent on committing such a heinous crime in all reality. 

Yep. 

A lairy, misogynistic bloke may or may not change his ways if his mates speak to him.

Some fucking nut job, with intent to do such harm, isn't necessarily advertising it, and needs more "help" than someone telling him to pipe down a bit.

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

Sorry.

Hoiw many assults against women have taken place in south london. Hundreds, thousands - of which are actually reported. The majority just don't.

Again, this isn't about the lone murderer. Its about educating people that there some things need to change to help women feel safer walking in places they should be able to.

6 minutes ago, royal white said:

Because when they have 10 pints of Stella in them 1 gram of Great Levers finest bashed and have just seen the whites get beat 3-0 at home their awareness is out of the window

But said you would stop them so you have been on Fanta and cup cakes ? 

There are extremes in this from the nutter who will do crazy things whatever, lads who are that far of their tits all common sense goes out of the window. Their behaviour is not going to change because of protests and awareness campaigns but if it helps with the vast majority to just think it through then I see no problem. 

We do not lose 3-0 anymore btw 

Edited by Ani
Added last line

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Nobody is suggesting having a fucking vigil is going to stop psychos. This about so much more. Grim events always trigger wider issues. Whether people like protest or not, people coming together has had an effect on creating positive change over time.

So why wait until now?

Someone kicking off because the local police suggested women avoid going out in the area. Common sense from the authorities, looking to protect people.

But no, just more moralising. Of course folk should be safe; everyone, men and women alike, but crackpot will always appear, and taking a degree of caution is a perfectly reasonable recommendation. 

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Hoiw many assults against women have taken place in south london. Hundreds, thousands - of which are actually reported. The majority just don't.

Again, this isn't about the lone murderer. Its about educating people that there some things need to change to help women feel safer walking in places they should be able to.

You’re probably better off asking for more CCTV, personal alarms, better street lighting etc before asking folk not to walk behind women or cross over roads 

Just now, royal white said:

You’re probably better off asking for more CCTV, personal alarms, better street lighting etc before asking folk not to walk behind women or cross over roads 

Christ you should lead the vigil, these are exactly the things that can be campaigned for as well.

1 minute ago, Ani said:

But said you would stop them so you have been on Fanta and cup cakes ? 

There are extremes in this from the nutter who will do crazy things whatever, lads who are that far of their tits all common sense goes out of the window. Their behaviour is not going to change because of protests and awareness campaigns but if it helps with the vast majority to just think it through then I see no problem. 

We do not lose 3-0 anymore btw 

I didn’t have the Narcotics and I had a tenner on the 3-0 loss 😉

27 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

So we start with the changes that can be made and go from there. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

House of Lords, not fit for purpose, that fucking daft bint proved that today.

She needs to stay off our streets full stop, fricken a fucking police horse with that boat race!

I thought Analeise was in the Hoc?