Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sarah Everard

Rudy

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Try to get out for an hour each day to get away from my laptop and go for a walk round here. Always remember my youngest encountering a weirdo who followed her and really shook her up. I do the same as you Cheese as it stuck with me. Problem is sometimes I wonder if I look a bit weird as I slow right down and hang back. Do I look like a stalker ready to strike? Maybe I should power on past? 

Weird innit. But as I said, must be weirder for women.

One Christmas Eve when I was about 20, walking home from the pub, I encountered some cunt knocking his Mrs about . All I did was shout "Oy! What the fuck are you doing?!" and the cunt sparked me out with one punch. 😂 When I came round, the girl was pleading with me not to phone the police. I didn't, but I wish I had. God knows what shit she had to put up with after that.

5 hours ago, Cheese said:

One Christmas Eve when I was about 20, walking home from the pub, I encountered some cunt knocking his Mrs about . All I did was shout "Oy! What the fuck are you doing?!" and the cunt sparked me out with one punch. 😂 When I came round, the girl was pleading with me not to phone the police. I didn't, but I wish I had. God knows what shit she had to put up with after that.

Legend 

9 hours ago, crawshawbooth said:

There is a dodgy one going on in Australia at the moment, a woman scammed a load of people out of 26 million dollars

disappears from home this side of Christmas , big searches etc. Foot in a trainer turns up on a beach last week and is DNA match

question is... would you cut your foot off for 26 million dollars ?

Well, I would especially if I wore a prosthetic leg.

7 hours ago, Cheese said:

That's both piss funny & tragically sad in the same measure. I have a 17 year old daughter and i would never allow her to be out walking alone after dark - not that she would want to anyway. Why increase you're chances of something nasty happening?

8 hours ago, Cheese said:

Similar thing happened to a mate of mine a few years ago. Really nice mannered quiet guy sticking up for the chav lass then got the shit kicked out of him by her boyfriend. Hospital and police involved  and she wouldn’t even acknowledge it happened. 

9 hours ago, Cheese said:

Probably a result of having younger sisters who've told me about their experiences, but if I ever accidentally find myself walking behind a woman who I don't know, I either cross the road, take another route, or hang back until she's out of sight. It's a weird feeling thinking someone might feel intimidated by you, but it must be even weirder and scarier for you lot.

I've always felt weird about that for years and done the same thing. Make me anxious just thinking about it TBH.

Don't think we are learning though...all the outcry online about "All Men" isn't going to work; we had it with Brexit, and more recently Trump etc - the more you tell a whole bunch of people they are something when the majority aren't, it causes a greater rift between everyone. Can see this going the same way sadly, instead of us dealing properly with a very real and sad issue that women (or men or non-binaries :D) should never have to feel vulnerable walking anywhere

• Members
57 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

That's both piss funny & tragically sad in the same measure. I have a 17 year old daughter and i would never allow her to be out walking alone after dark - not that she would want to anyway. Why increase you're chances of something nasty happening?

But the thing is girls/women should be allowed to work where and when they want without thinking what if? 

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Cheese said:

I think Esco pays extra to give ‘em a backhander , you should have left him to it.

🥸🥸🥸🥸

I got nicked for intervening in a domestic in York many many years ago. The female asked me to help as a passer by and then told the police i attacked her fella unprovoked. Thankfully they had saw what was actually happening before dickhead here steamed in so it softened it somewhat.   

Natural instinct to help out. You did the right thing cheesey. Apart from being too stiff to avoid the right hand and or not belting him first. 

37 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

But the thing is girls/women should be allowed to work where and when they want without thinking what if? 

Women should be allowed to walk where they want at night you're right, but the fact is a lone woman out on her own after dark increases the risk of being attacked.

Most of the time they'll be fine - but why increase the chances of something bad happening?

A lot of these incidents are a case of being in the wrong place, at the wrong time.

34 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I got nicked for intervening in a domestic in York many many years ago. The female asked me to help as a passer by and then told the police i attacked her fella unprovoked. Thankfully they had saw what was actually happening before dickhead here steamed in so it softened it somewhat.   

Natural instinct to help out. You did the right thing cheesey. Apart from being too stiff to avoid the right hand and or not belting him first. 

Many years ago near Spennys bar in Bolton town centre myself and a couple of mates witnessed a girl having 10 bells knocked out of her by her boyfriend/husband, proper brutal stuff - had her by the hair kicking her in the head an' all that.

We just put it down to "a bad domestic" we walked on by and carried on to the next port of call .

It still bothers me to this day that we didn't intervene.

13 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

Can't believe the amount of people victim blaming her asking why was she walking home at 9:30pm on her own? I've walked home alone plenty of times later than that before and to be honest you never feel 100% safe. I'm sending my daughter to self defense classes. 

I totally agree, she did that walk loads, it's only a couple of miles from here. It's really well lit, even Clapham Common at 9.30 is usually safe. Also why can't a woman walk home at 9.30, her fault? People need to give their heads a wobble and ask a different question.

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I totally agree, she did that walk loads, it's only a couple of miles from here. It's really well lit, even Clapham Common at 9.30 is usually safe. Also why can't a woman walk home at 9.30, her fault? People need to give their heads a wobble and ask a different question.

I think most people can say it’s not an advisable thing to do without throwing any kind of blame. Same way you wouldn’t let your kid out of sight. 

The fact it’s not an advisable thing to do is absolutely despicable and a tragic representation of our society. 

Woman should feel safe in every walk of life.  Nine times out of ten She would be safe walking that route, I’d say she’s done it many times before.

Not a chance this is a random, impulse attack imo.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

I think most people can say it’s not an advisable thing to do without throwing any kind of blame. Same way you wouldn’t let your kid out of sight. 

The fact it’s not an advisable thing to do is absolutely despicable and a tragic representation of our society. 

Woman should feel safe in every walk of life.  Nine times out of ten She would be safe walking that route, I’d say she’s done it many times before.

Not a chance this is a random, impulse attack imo.

That route at 9.30.on a weekday? It should be safe as houses. The thought of blaming her for walking home is nuts.