Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Killing Of James Bulger

royal white

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Still can’t quite believe what happened.

surely we should have the death sentence for instances like this ?

It's still the thing that gives me the chills more than anything. The things that I know were done to poor James are beyond comprehension but the fact that there's more gruesome stuff that hasn't been released to the public makes my stomach churn. 

I dread to think what the perpetrators had experienced in their young lives to warp their minds to be able to commit such depravity. 

30 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

Not sure the State should be killing kids. Saudi Arabia might I dunno.... 

Exactly.  It's been a problem for western democracies.  How do you adequately punish and rehabilitate children who have committed horrific crimes?  Whatever sentence was handed down would be viewed as either too lenient or too harsh.  Thompson, as far as anyone is aware, has never re offended.  Venables is a dangerous paedophile and seems to be a lost cause.

1 hour ago, Jol_BWFC said:

So, are we now suggesting we should execute children? Jesus wept.

Not meaning to inflame, but the little snippets I’ve read over the years is that they’ve not exactly been model citizens since. Some are just pure evil. 

• Site Supporter

So don’t execute kids. Instead make every effort to teach them how they ought to be behaving. 

If they don’t change their way by the time their original sentence ends then what? Execute the adult they became?

• Members
17 hours ago, royal white said:

I think we need to find a middle ground between throwing in volcanos and 7 years 8 months in a care home. 

What about like that Tom Hanks film, they spoil him but then have to sacrifice him to the volcano 

Just without the spoiling bit